What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
News:

- Satori turned out to be a Boy
- Mandala #1 turned out to be a boy

Golden Tiger x Panama Goddess was repotted to 7L and moved to the ACE tent at 12/12.

Girls in Shed Tent (18/6)

- Kalichakra
- Zamaldelica x Kalichina
- Tikal x Panama

All repotted (crooked for LST) to 7L. Tikal will be moved soon to ACE tent, leaving only Kalichakra and Zamaldelica x Kalichina depending on how do they develop.

Food Plan:

- RO water, 1,7ml Canna Coco A+B, 0.125gr Yara SOP per L.
- Automated DTW with irrigation pump.

Control & Automation
- Made a special Y cable to connect both Temp Controller (Inkbird ITC-308) Cooling socket (upper) and Humidity Controller (Inkbird IHC-200) De-humidify socket (upper) to a single one where I plug the extractor, so now any of them can activate extraction, can post a diagram for those wanting to give it a try (EU model).

The advantage: either Dehumidifier or Cooling can activate extraction. Both can be activated too.

- Using an Inkbird IBS-TH1 Plus ($36), as Thermometer & Humidity Probe, got tired of typical ones going out of whack after a couple grows, providing only Max and Min values.

attachment.php

It records Temp and RH%, works over bluetooth with a very nice phone App (Engbird) that does the record housecleaning and displays nice graphs over a d/w/m/y.

Advantage: apart from reading at predefined intervals, it can be read from outside the tent/room via bluetooth.

Raspberry turned out not to be reliable at all, even without leaving my desk; these are working nicely so far and the App is great for bookeeping, including even batteries (2xAAA) status.

Attachments

• ibs-tbh1+.jpg
    ibs-tbh1+.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 39

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
The girls

The girls

Left: Kalichakra; right Zamaldelica x Kalichina, rear: Tikal x Panama.

picture.php

Small pot seen is a cloning experiment, I just dug the pruned tip stems of lower shoots in coco... From ACE Golden Tiger #3 x Panama Diosa, so far it seems they rooted!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Automation

Automation

Here's the cable "dongle" I built to have a single extractor managed by independent Temperature and humidity Controller (EU models):

picture.php

picture.php

Please use common sense or ask for help to someone knowledgeable if unsure, mains can KILL.

Important!

• The plug prong where black wire is connected should be plugged on same left "hole" on both controller sockets.
  • Both controllers should be plugged to same power strip, with same orientation of the main plug.

Details
Yes, the one depicted on the left only has one wire (black). The one on the right has both plug prongs wired (black and blue).

It doesn't matter to which controller each of the "dongle" male plugs go.

Sockets Used (upper ones): Temp controller "Cool", Humidity Controller "Dehumidifier" socket.

Extractor is plugged to the female schuko.

How/Why does this work:

Left prong on the dongle male plugs are wired to the internal relays, and is Normally Open. So if you test with a DMM while is unactive, no voltage will be present.
The plug with the prong wired to the blue cable (on the right socket hole) will always have AC on it, and hence the female socket.

If Humidity rises, and Humidity controller enables its socket, it will power the extractor. If at the same time the Temp is low, temp controller will enable its heating socket.

If Temperature rises and temperature controller enables its cooling socket will power the extractor. If humidity is low humidity controller will possibly enable the humidifier at the same time.

If both Humidity and Power controller enable their sockets, extractor will be powered. It won't cause a short-circuit, because both wires are connected to the same phase.

This combination has proven to be very useful on micro grow spaces where extraction may not be fixed, specially if there are wide temperature variations along the day.

WARNING

When the first male plug is plugged, the second one will have AC on its prongs!!! Don't touch them!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Sensor Readings

Sensor Readings

From the IBS-TH1 Plus, loving the app so far. Sensor is too sensitive, seems to measure more humidity or temperature vs the controllers, will look into calibrating it. Temp rarely surpassed 30C and humidity 60%.

Humidity:
picture.php

Temperature:
picture.php

Bear in mind this is a tent inside a garden shed made of sheet metal outdoors, huge condition variations as can be seen from days 5-03 to 5-06 which were overcast and cooler/more humid.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Sticky_Sat!!! :tiphat:

Sadly the shed was reaching 36C during the day, so:

Kalichakra was moved to the the ACE indoor Tent, and is flowering (really promising I'd say!)

Zamaldelica x Kalichina and Tikal x Panama were repotted in 30L pots and brought outdoors, they will be my first outdoor coco grow; after last year experience in moving from coco -> soil, I'm willing to try, hope 30L is enough to keep feedings once per day.

Shed is shut down until next crop!

Sticky Sat

Hey Repuk :) we don't have that much difference in temp but i'm pretty sure your rh must be much lower so the coco will dry faster... 30 l pots should help though... ;)
Fwiw, i've noticed that adding life to the soil (through LAB, EM etc...) also helps keeping some moisture in pots... Can't wait to see your beauties... :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I love when the soil has a balanced life, it smells to "fresh bush".

Will look into making EM, right now I cannot think of a nearby place where to gather the micelia for the first innoculation...

I have LAB from a German maker, found it thanks to c64.

Oufff... right now the just moved outdoor girls look like a hurricane attacked Trump's toupee... took pictures for after and before comparison when they look better :)

I had a look at the Shed temps after taking out the girls and shutting it off... 39C straight from 12:00 to 19:00 :yoinks:

Moved and started also the mini vegging tent ta the ACE place, trying to take more clones of the GTxPanama to keep a mom and put a third one to flower outdoors... but in pure coco, hand watered.

With some luck a couple cuts I took from the wild sprouted plants in the pots will root and will be able to sex them before the pot ones show preflowers... (to cull the males from the pot)

Waiting for the Tea Tree essential Oil...

Sticky Sat

Wow... Crazy temps brother...! Would be deadly with our rh...

Hahaha...! Even the ugliest plant ever, with all the worst existing diseases on her couldn't look half as bad as Trump's toupee... :D
Glad to know C64 is still in touch with you, i don't know him but he seems to be a kind man and i have great respect for his knowledge... :)
LAB is easy to do yourself... Have you been able to open the link (about KNF etc...) i sent you in last PM...?

Sticky Sat

Is the EM you're talking about EM-1, now made by Teraganix?

That's EM-1 but you can brew it yourself easy after buying the first bottle... :)

Dilute 250 ml of good quality molasses with 4 L of water in a 5 L container. (easier done in 2 times, shake with first 2 L then add 2 more... ;)

Add 250 ml of EM-1.

Gently swirl the container, close it (EM-1 are anaerobic...) and let it rest in a dark place for about a month at about 25°C.

Every 24 to 48 hours (depending on your temp...) sligtly unscrew the container's cap, just enough to let gas out, then close again.

When done, ratio for use is 1:1000

Cheers all :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Sticky_Sat: Yes, I followed them! I think I had watched them before.

Problem here is locating where to harvest, specially in this wheather.

So it can be purchased and then reproduced with molasses?

Is this one fine?

Thanks for the info again!!!

Sticky Sat

Hello Repuk :)

It's not the same bottle we find here but yes, it seems to be the real thing... The price is just indecent though... 3 x more expensive than here and it cost almost nothing to do... Good thing you only need to buy one bottle... then, as long as you can find molasses you won't ever have to buy EM again... ;) Actually you could even begin selling it it for half the price... :D
Cheers brother :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I have ATAMI molasses, though they're really old, about 11 years... are they good still? (they look fine)

Sticky Sat

Pretty sure it's still good... :) Molasses is basically sugar + trace elements so it holds for a very long time... Mine's about that old and i brew a batch lately without any problem... :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
These girls were consistently reaching 36C, so moved them outdoors:

Day 0:

Zamaldelica x Kalichina
picture.php

Tikal x Panama
picture.php

Yesterday

Half of Zamaldeliza x KC seen
picture.php