What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can you use DR DOOM FOGGER during flower?

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
im in late in the 3rd week of flower and need to get rid of fungus nats for good can i use the fogger?. any other info would really be helpful....:thank you:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yes, but it will only kill the winged adults, the larvae are living in your overwatered medium. Stop watering, except to kill the larvae in the root zone. Water with 2 ml per gallon SM-90 and 2 ml per gallon 35% hydrogen peroxide. Will take 1-2 applications, a few days apart. Then reduce your watering frequency, also consider adding bleach to your res at .5 ml per gallon, it will create a dead res but will help keep your medium sterile enough that fungus gnats wont be a problem. All of these are proven effective in my own garden.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
thank you i think im gonna do the bomb and hydrodren proxcide watering.thank you very much LAZYMAN. hey have you used the misquteo dunks to control them? and how long does it take to affect them?

2cents

I would advise against using a dr doom fogger in week 3 if it is a 55 day strain, fungus gnats are not that big of a deal anyway unless the infestation is bad (I do advise taking other steps to deal with the issue)..

an alternative to dr doom fogger is dr doom spider mite knock out which is basically a non fogger version minus the pipernol

either way if you are running a 55 day strain aka have loads of flower clusters in week 3, i would avoid spraying the developing nuggets with anything unless really necessary..

$.02

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Out of curiosity 2c, why not? 4 weeks is long enough for even systemic pesticides to dissipate safely, pyrethrins in the fogger are gentle enough to use the day before harvest without impacting flavor. Foggers deposit so little material on plants they really ARE only good for killing flying things. They sure dont do shit for mites, thrips or fungus gnat larvae.

Oh and dunks/Gnatrol wdg doesnt do shit, cutting watering and sterilizing the medium will. Again, try bleach, you will be glad you did.

2cents

lazyman you are probably right.. I always prefer not to spray anything on developing buds that have already began to stink.. just a personal preference..

don't get me wrong... if I saw a plant with mites in week 3 I would not see it the same as fungus gnats and would be much more open to a more aggressive approach..

I bet I most likely would not be able to tell the difference if used in week3 in taste, but I try to keep things as tasty as possible..

pyrethrins in the spider mite knock out version (same as fogger) can be helpful against mites, but works best as a pretreatment ... imo...