What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neighbors

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Violence is not an option ... anyone who is giving you that advice is fucked up in the head. All it will do is make mmj users look bad and get you arrested. LAME. Get a can filter and a fan .. run it in your smoking area.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Man this pisses me off just reading about it. What I would want to do and what i would actually do are different things but one thing for sure. Said fuckheads that want to fuck with how i go about my own business will know very quickly and in no uncertain terms that if what they want is a fight thats what theyll get. Play it smart not fair. Fuck those people. Dont hurt anyone.

Back in the day we used to take toilet paper tubes and fill them with fabric softener sheets and blow smoke through them....took the edge off the stink a bit. Maybe toss a little carbon in there too??

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i would designate one room as a smoking room & only fire up in there. either a recirculating fan/carbon filter set-up, or a fan in a window blowing out. yeah, you were there first, but why force folks to smell you? if folks don't notice you, they don't fuck with you. i'm a firm believer in not being noticed, myself...

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get a box of copy paper and drop it over their heads every hour, then do the non-stop smoking thing a member just mentioned.

rykus

If you wanna be a dick, a large Coffe can full of leaf and a vaccume cleaner makes a pretty good cloud..... Or you could consider your move to a friendly small low rent area and consider it as an upgrade, as then you could never worry about it,and even grow your own smoke(or more of it).

Win win.... But the vaccume thing is a good party starter too, lol...

Holyherb420

Also As a property owner, you can ban smoking on your property since second-hand smoke is harmful, both tobacco and marijuana, according to the AMA. But to enforce this ban, it needs to be in your lease. You can add a ban after the required time period (30 days if the tenant is month-to-month). Secondly, even if he has a medical marijuana card, you can still ban smoking it because it is still listed as illegal by the feds and because there are other ways to ingest it besides

If they called the cops they probably called the landlord. They probably got told tuff shit. Also am I missing something here or does he not also pay thousands of dollars to live in peace?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
You can always buy them The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer, and a pizza and hope for the best.

Sforza

Veteran
Since you are above them, I would say that you have the upper hand on the noise department. Take a nap as soon as you get home from work and then stomp around for an hour or two every night above where their bedroom is located. When they complain, sit down and say that you are willing to call a truce, but they have stop banging doors and shouting anti-pot slogans. If they do not live up to their bargain, start stomping again. Two can play that game.

Kunter7

Although I understand what the OP is going through... and I've had similar experiences with neighbors when we lived in an apartment....(not the same, but similar) just make sure to not let it escalate out of control.
That's how people get shot.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Even if I was in a legal state and able to smoke in an apt. I wouldnt want my neighbors knowing my business anyhow. Get a filter of some sort. Put a fan in a window.
Just because things are legal and allowed doesnt mean you should let anyone else know what you are doing.

MicroRoy

I agree with keeping the smells down. No need to rub it in their faces.

People like that tend to do all kinds of things to control people. It will surely annoy the landloard.

If you have been a good tenant your land loard will prefer you over a couple of muck rakers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts