What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Its the 2016 Hawaii Medical Cannabis Challenge!!!

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Hey Grey,
Any chance you guys are going to post up the challenge bracket? I'm curious to see what was entered and how the entries stood up against each other. Seen some surprisingly high test results on IG as well...think someone broke 30% THC.
Heard a Golden Coast Genetic's strain took home the belt.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aloha
Sorry I've been lagging...
Been super busy at home running around since I got off the plane 4 days ago.
Wtf hahaha
I am hoping tonight or tomorrow to be able to load up and post up some action
It was a success
Stay tuned...

Aloha!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without further adoo, let me present to you the completed brackets of the 2016 Hawaii Medical Cannabis Challenge

We had 23 entries from Big Island, Maui, Molokai, and Oahu entered into the blind, head to head, double elimination tournament

picture.php

picture.php

We had entries tested for top THC content (Oahu boy from Kailua had Pineapple that tested multiple times at 31.96%) as well as top CBD content (Maui Boys Harle Tsu at 16.71% CBD 1.7% THC...also tested multiple times!)

The judging area was pretty laid back. Can it get much better than on the beach North shore Oahu on a nice day? No way....
picture.php

Here's a shot of my desk as I operated the tournament.
It was a lot of work. Unfortunately I turned down many bong hit and dabs to remain in the office focused on getting the tournament completed successfully, and without a hitch. It was soooooo much work hahahaha. Totally worth it, too. Mission Accomplished.

picture.php

The overall winner was decided by a blind vote made by each individual judge, and was victorious 16-5 (a couple of stoners forgot to vote.. or missed the jar with their votes... idk hahaha)... by a medical grower from Maui - joeygreen808.
He grew GSCxFireOG, which was bred by the homie ICMAG Alumnni Hrpuffnkush for Gold Coast Genetics

2nd place was a Big Island entry of Puna Diesel by Professor Pot Grower.

1st and 2nd place were outdoor grown entries!!!!

3rd place was an Oahu entry of Maui Mist y 710Hawaii

The whole thing was just VIBES!!!! I am very honored to have been able to be there and absorb some of the energies that were bouncing around.

Smoking a joint of Dogg with Ed Rosenthal was pretty sweet, too...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Congrats Hrpuffnkush! any of those entrys from the growers who got Dispensary licenses?
any ICmag members entered??? what did SupaKauai enter?

sounds like fun did you take any bud shots?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats Hrpuffnkush! any of those entrys from the growers who got Dispensary licenses?
any ICmag members entered??? what did SupaKauai enter?

sounds like fun did you take any bud shots?

Not sure any IC alum entered other than myself
I could be way hella wrong though hahaha
No licensee folks that we knew of.
We didn't get to meet up w Supakauai we had been in touch w him since April but he just couldn't confirm to make it happen. Oh well.

The lab took pics to demonstrate chain of possession when the samples were processed. The photo was part of the data sheet we gave back to the entrants.

I know judges were taking pics of entries as they were being delivered....

I saw a picture the winner posted of his entry I'll have to grab it and put it up - it's phenomenal stuff...

guido420

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work on this. It wasn't too bad even though DLNR was a prick. If you and D need a hand for the next one this transplant is down.

PM to get a hold of me.

SAMSEED

Congrats to Greyskull on a great event and to all those that helped make it happen ....

Ps ..., by far the best trophy so far seen to date ...:tiphat:

:smokey:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice man! So you know I'm a lil slow w strains....gsc x fire og....isn't that animal cookies? Or am I way off?

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Nice man! So you know I'm a lil slow w strains....gsc x fire og....isn't that animal cookies? Or am I way off?

in 2008 when some of the first cookies to show up in so cali , i found BS and grew it and got an odd cherry pie durban type pheno with bubba indica type structure , A reversed Fire Clone only was put on it and thats the FirePie
pictures of the proud parents lol
picture.php

picture.php

FirePie
picture.php

JackCough

Impressive GS.
Takes a shit ton of effort to organize any event and it can sometimes not be to apparent to others what it takes. Considering it's a bunch of stoners on top of that, double impressed.
Can't imagine keeping the double brackets straight after two bowls of the islands best, but 32+ and no moemoe? :respect:
Looks like the Puna Diesel\Maui Mist battle was quite a matchup.
Nice to see Puna rank up in the best of something category for once!
:woohoo:
Congratulations on a fair and successful event.!