What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

KONY

Veteran
CBD plants are at 8 weeks now. I can't believe the difference in the acdc x cookies phenotypes. A few are very sativa looking, others are more stout and dense, however all of them smell sweeter than I thought they would, and nothing like cookies, can't wait to try them out. Look like they got atleast 2 to 3 weeks left depending on pheno.

Has anyone actually confirmed cannabis leaf testing directly coincides with finished bud cannabinoid ratios? I've noticed some people on IG are posting leaf tests like its bud tests.

Also got a heros and continuum outside still, although last night i brought them in the garage and will probably finish them in there under an old 600. These were mistake plants, in that a buddy brought them over thinking they were males, and I set them outside to flower and collect the pollen. Now they are so far along I feel like I have to finish them.

guest of late

dont know if its been mentioned in this tread already but ambulance by 303 seeds and a remarkably high cbd hybrid. iv seen it in a few shop in CO and it seens like one of the few strain 303 seeds keeps stocked. its a bio deisel 2 X z7 by cbd crew. its supposed to be equal parts cbd thc, testing around the 20%,

i had the pleasure of growing 3 seeds of it out side this year. grown organicly in live soil all three had remarkable chemy terpine proflie, far from traditiona...almost like ironlak if anyone knows what that smells like . extremly greasy. good varity amongest phenos. one being sative dominate smelling like sandle wood and another indica that reeks of straight strawberrys

i constinaly made the mistake of touching my eyes after working with them and let me tell you it burned worsed then tobacco smoke in the eyes..... very unique strain

and even though its not a cbd rich strain i think flo should be mentioned for its cbd like effects.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I grew out a pack of the original Cannatonic and got 2 females and 1 male. Both females seemed to have CBD - I thought I could tell by the effects. The high and medical effects were different from other sativas I've grown. I could feel an extra element to the high, I call it CBD fog. It tampers down the racy high feeling you normally get.

One female seemed obviously all CBD and little/no THC. Almost no "high" in the conventional sense, but absolutely covered in resin and giving the CBD feeling. The other plant was outstanding, I'm almost sure it was high in THC and CBD. I tried this for the anti-inflammatory effect on my chronic arthritis, and it definitely worked.

I grew out some seeds I made, the first female seemed to have CBD, the second seems like a regular sativa. The local testing lab (MCR labs in Mass, excellent) is something like $40 or $50 a pop for testing, I'm too cheap to pay it!

I made a bunch of other crosses with the Cannatonic - Cinderella99, Blueberry, Northern Lights, Sensi Star. I haven't grown the seeds yet, I'm thinking the odds of finding a CBD female are probably 50% or less, again I'm too cheap to pay for testing.

Instead I just ordered 10 each of TGA Pennywise and Hurkle. I plan to make seeds and try these for a while. Eventually when I can keep clones going I'll pay for testing. I would highly recommend Cannatonic though, it's available again in regular seeds, that would be my choice for a first try at CBD. Excellent plant and mine yielded well too.

Has anyone actually confirmed cannabis leaf testing directly coincides with finished bud cannabinoid ratios? I've noticed some people on IG are posting leaf tests like its bud tests.

Yes, leaf sample tests correspond with final ratios--you need to have an extremely accurate lab and wait until the plant is at least 4 to 5 internodes tall (from seed) to get a good reading. My experience is that most labs in the country lack the equipment and methodology to get a truly accurate result, but they are good enough to classify by type (Type 1: THC predominant; Type 2: roughly equal mix of THC/CBD; Type III: CBD predominant). Most of our samples were so high in CBD and low in THC that labs were not able to precisely quantify the total THC amount until they had undergone external accreditation and improved their equipment (ORELAP testing in Oregon)--this leads to strange ratios and, if not repeatedly verified, bad breeding choices.

We have also noticed that leaves contain higher concentrations of CBD than flowers do--but only at the end of a plant's life. We include leaves with flowers in our final products to increase the overall ratio of CBD to THC in extracted oil without requiring fractionation.

ECtraveler

Veteran

I've had not quite 200 samples tested in both veg and flower from 3 different labs (SC Labs, Cannasafe Annalytics & Pharm Labs) and have never had something turn out drastically different than it tested in veg. IME they do vary slightly but the biggest shift I've personally ever seen is from a 5:2 to 2:1

IME they do vary slightly but the biggest shift I've personally ever seen is from a 5:2 to 2:1

We've had a number of tests that returned zero--literally 0.00000000% THC--that, upon retest, come back in the 20's (20:1-28:1). That happened pretty often in a couple of our R&D lines this last year until labs in OR were forced to adopt standardized protocols.

Best example of this was an F2 project we were making selections from this past spring / summer; we selected 25 or so plants from a population of 1500+ for further evaluation. The initial leaf samples came back ranging from 12:1-260:1. We were stoked, but very confused--figured it was a feature of synthase diversity in the F2. Our first retest of the same plants a couple weeks later came back ranging from 18:1-65:1. Not bad, but WTF? Our third and final test--after our lab successfully passed the stringent ORELAP accreditation process--were completely uniform with every plant coming in at 27:1. We identified the problem after discussions with the lab director; their techs were not using a uniform solvent wash time on the samples and regulators docked them for it on the initial competency assessments. Now I trust their numbers more (of course, we still always test each plant 3 times just to be sure...).

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
My son and I live in Australia. He has severe Grand Mal epileptic seizures and the medication he takes will destroy his liver, in the long term.

I am very interested in the Charlotte's Web variety, to make some cannabis oil, as many hospitals are now doing in the US.

Is there someone supplying these seeds?

Muleskinner

Veteran
I wouldn't worry about Charlotte's Web specifically, I would try to find any good CBD strain.

I can personally recommend Resin Seeds Cannatonic, the females I got had plenty of CBD. Also TGA seeds Hurkle and Pennywise are supposed to be stabilized CBD strains. Project CBD or CBD Crew can lead you to some more CBD options. Good luck with your son! I would try to take your herb to a testing lab to confirm it has CBD when you're ready to make sure.

Cannabis enabled me to get off the NSAID painkillers that were destroying my internal organs too.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
My son and I live in Australia. He has severe Grand Mal epileptic seizures and the medication he takes will destroy his liver, in the long term.

I am very interested in the Charlotte's Web variety, to make some cannabis oil, as many hospitals are now doing in the US.

resin seeds makes cannatonic which is rumored to be the line in which charlottes web was found.

many good CBD seed options out there these days. don't disregard THC's antispasmatic properties while hunting for CBD.

I wouldn't worry about Charlotte's Web specifically, I would try to find any good CBD strain.

I can personally recommend Resin Seeds Cannatonic, the females I got had plenty of CBD. Also TGA seeds Hurkle and Pennywise are supposed to be stabilized CBD strains. Project CBD or CBD Crew can lead you to some more CBD options. Good luck with your son! I would try to take your herb to a testing lab to confirm it has CBD when you're ready to make sure.

Cannabis enabled me to get off the NSAID painkillers that were destroying my internal organs too.

with all respect to resin seeds, cannatonic cuts rarely test above 20% TAC from what i've seen, and often below 15%.

a lot of breeding work has been done in the last 5 years. i'd rather be pheno hunting in some of the newer lines where i can find similar CBD:THC ratios (type ii and type iii chemotypes) in plants that produce MUCH more resin.

i had a great looking and tasting harlequin x acdc (r) plant that had an excellent 3:1 cbd ratio. it tested at around 14% TAC.

take a similar ratio'd plant from the medtree acdc cookies line, same CBD:THC ratio, but with 24% TAC.

that's a SUBSTANTIAL amount of oil per gram that the latter produced over the former.

the market for CBD prefers concentrates for the most part. farmers have to consider that metric of %oil by weight when pheno hunting a production plant.

CBD greatly reduced my dependence on NSAIDs too! glad to hear you've found a healthier solution :joint:

i also take 95% curcumin (tumeric extract). amazing for inflammation reduction!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Try Mullaway's in Australia.

We're doing several CBD crosses at the moment (photoperiod). Mullaway's is one we hope to cross with Bodhi's Barefoot Doctor and SOC Tsunami x.

Still has some thc (helping w/ depression, motivation) and yet rich on cannabidiol.

PRIMªL HªZE

I'm very happy to announce that my article about Cannatonic is America is published now, at the moment is only in Soft Secrets Spain, you can see in number 5 of 2016 page 16
http://media.cannabis.info/uploads/issues/softsecrets/497.pdf
but I have write to my colleague of Soft Secrets UK to advice him to translate to use in this edition. As i promise in my previous post I mention the nicks of the people that I use his information in the article: Paladin420 (pag 16), Huel Perkins (page 16), Primal Haze (last line of page 19), also I mention this thread
I'm very happy with this article because that finish a work that starts in 2011 the first and only interview of Jimmy and Jaime face to face, after I make the article of 2014 that I mention in the previous post speaking Europe and Israel, now with this article of America i feel that I finish a trilogy, of course I will keep on working in more articles in the future, but this chapter is finished
I will celebrate this weekend and I wish all of you a great weekend full of good moments with family and friends

Hola H. ! Thanks so much for posting this. I've been away for awhile and signed back up today because I was curious what else you know about this:

I was reading a post about cannabis patents on Jorge Cervante's forum.
It showed a patent list that includes plants "Midnight" and "Erez".
Here they are:
https://www.google.com/patents/US20140245494
https://www.google.com/patents/US20140245495

Those 2 names rang a bell with me for Israel and Tikun Olam

It's part of their line-up here~~our Strains

Then, here is your quote about tikun Olam:

"In 2012, hundreds of thousands of news articles appeared all over the world, claiming that the scientists at Tikun Olam had developed a type of medical marijuana, treating CBD-rich plants as a worldwide sensation. Tikun Olam gave these strains names such as Avi-Dekel (16.3% CBD), Midnight (12.4% CBD9, El-Na (6.5% CBD) or Rafael (18.6% CBD).

Jaime explained to me that Tikun Olam received about 300 feminised Z6 and Z7 seeds through a mutual friend – in other words, CBD Crew’s first prototypes (later discarded). Jaime himself travelled to Israel in 2012 and visited Tikun Olam’s dispensary as well as their cultivation facilities. During Jaime’s visit, the only CBD-rich plants he saw were selected Z6 and Z7 phenotypes, a fact confirmed by the people in charge at Tikun Olam. Jaime didn’t see any kind of laboratory or scientific facility, nor did he find males, females, reversed plants, female plants loaded with seeds or any other sign that Tikun Olam were working as breeders.

I tried contacting Tikun Olam, to give them the chance to tell their side of the story and explain the work they’ve developed with the Z6 and Z7 seeds they received. I spoke twice with Tikun Olam’s public relations manager, Ma’ayan. According to her, the hundreds of thousands of news articles that mention scientists at Tikun Olam discovering CBD strains are “reporter exaggerations”. She didn’t provide any information on the origin of these genetics, so highly advertised by the media, nor on their breeding process. I assured her that, while other reporters might have published baseless exaggerations, I on the other was interested in publishing exact information. She asked me to send her an email to be forwarded to the technical department, who could answer my questions more accurately. I sent her a letter detailing the entire story, but weeks passed and I never heard back.

A source told me that they also asked Ma’ayan how Tikun Olam could claim to have developed these strains if they’ve never worked as breeders. The answer was the same, rather vague, one I received: “Reporter exaggerations”. Tikun Olam’s speech at Expogrow 2013 was also quite brief and devoid of information on the development of these genetics.

In the face of Tikun Olam’s lack of collaboration, I had to turn to other sources to check the story out. I spoke with several people who have been to the Tikun Olam facilities or worked with them. Everything fits with Jaime’s claims – no one has seen any sign of breeding work at the Tikun Olam facilities, such as refrigerators storing batches of seeds, males or reversed females.

The media claim that Tikun Olam spent three years developing these strains. My sources claim that, in 2009, Tikun Olam was cultivating at a basic level. Furthermore, the sale of cannabis seeds is prohibited in Israel, unlike in Spain, and I am told that there have never been genetics experts at Tikun Olam. "

So... what I'm getting at... is Tikun Olam trying to patent cbd crew genetics?

PRIMªL HªZE

are there any pure tropical landrace sativas that show a high ratio of cbd to thc?

I don't think CBD is typically found in tropical ganja. It is more prevalent in hashish cultures. Hand rubbed charas are made in the lower latitudes/altitudes.

Maybe look into Real Seed Co.'s Nepalese or Egyptian Sinai, both are claimed to contain cbd and come from the areas btwn the latitudes of 24º to 29º. Close enough?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
ive heard that the highland nepalese/ northern indian/ tibetan have high % of cbd in some populations so that makes sense

PRIMªL HªZE

Is it possible to have a type II plant with morew thc than cbd

Is it possible to have a type II plant with morew thc than cbd

Do you know if it possible to have a type II plant that has more thc than cbd? or are they always cbd dominant? Know what I'm saying? Anybody care to explain why?

All the studies I've read seem to show that cbd is the dominant cannabinoid when it comes to type II plants.

attachment.php

Attachments

• nph13562-fig-0001-m.png
    nph13562-fig-0001-m.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 22

ECtraveler

Veteran
Do you know if it possible to have a type II plant that has more thc than cbd? or are they always cbd dominant? Know what I'm saying? Anybody care to explain why?

All the studies I've read seem to show that cbd is the dominant cannabinoid when it comes to type II plants.

View Image

It's possible but rare. In the first batch of Toci I had a 2:3 (CBD:THC) that I didn't back up and ended up being one of my all-time favorites strains ever; CBD or THC. I've also seen a 1:2 (CBD:THC) copy of Royal Kush

Ollie

Veteran
Type II are used to categorize plants that are expressing both THC and CBD synthase. Some will have full THC synthase and partial CBD, others vice versa and also "all in between".

So in short, yes it is possible for a Type II plant to have higher proportions of THC than CBD.

Type III chemo types are categorized as having a non active/functioning THC synthase and thus highly "CBD" dominant percentage wise at least.

And now it seems people (publicly) are starting to work with Type IV (CBG dominant)

Sante

In DoPa
Hi to everybody. Are Barney's Critical cure/CBD Blue shark and Dinafem Shark shock /CBD citical mass the same two strains relabeled from CBD crew (critical mass and shark shock)? Both of them borned from a colaboration with CBD crew breeders and inside dinafem critical mas pack there s cbd crew brand and serial number print on a hologram sticker. Quite identical strain decriprion suggest the same but I asked to dinafem and they do not gave me any answer tolding me "i'm not sure these strains are similar", cbd crew did not answer me. Could someone help me to clear my mind? Sorry for my bad english!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is a mexican sativa that is high in CBD, juanita lagrimosa or something like that? not sure if it's a pure landrace or a worked line or what but ryan at pollen nation was working with it for a while