What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HERE-i grow again--T-12

Bud Hi

trans planted 18 bag seed /week old.to the veg-bed today :joint:
Now with security problems solved, i can pick some moms and keep this project going.

so far using 6- t-12,, will increase to 20 as the plants weaves its way, up threw the tubes. :jump:

stain-less steel double sink, catch run-off in bucket, under drain.

looks like 2 tubes, but is really 6 :wave:

I have the last results/experiment, in my gallery, 714 grams :noway: :smoke:

Last edited:
G

Flourescentastic!Really that pic in the other thread says it all.I use flo's too but only at first.People that keep their plants at a couple inches below the tubes are going to benefit I hope.My growtip is always either between lamps or right on the lamp while I bend the top fans down daily.

S

stonedeconomist

this is going to be interesting to watch how the plants grow around the tubes. kelvin wise, what kind of tubes are you using?

Bud Hi

right now runnin 6 tubes,(18 plants) placed week old, in cups, up to the bottom leaves, 3 days ago
gave them 2 quarts of water tonight, weighted them against a test cup,to see if they need water. poured right on the tubes,to wash them off, and drip into the cups, some spill, but thats okay,adds moisture to the next stage of planting and help keep the dust down. grow is in a dual,deep sink fixture, so, any excess, will drain out the drain, to a catch pan

I'm using last year soil and a 1/3 total of MG african violet potting mix.
the tubes is:

they have some 5000k and 90CRI, should I try to get some "for the shop" :joint: my window fan quit, yes both of them, and can't find any,, wrong time of the year, a friend bought me a attic fan, but it's to strong, its why they needed water.. I think i found a smaller fan..

I also cut the lights down to 2 bulbs (cloudy day) and fan off for the short time the nurse stops by to check me.. know one knows...about my secret room

Last edited:

Bud Hi

been 10 days, i'm seeing roots peekin out the bottom, time to move and let them spread out.. out of the cups they go.

now, to wait for growth,in their new location, and add tubes, as they reach for the lights

Bud Hi

I found some "sunstick"-5000k and 90CRI-- They are toooo hot.

So ,I will use them as the top bulbs (600w)

the cool white are 81* and the sunstick are 110* checking with a laser heat gun

Last edited:

Poodo

Cooooooool...Do you know if they make 75w for 4 footers? I went to all the places you posted about these t-12's its pretty cool!

Bud Hi

Poodo said:
Cooooooool...Do you know if they make 75w for 4 footers? I went to all the places you posted about these t-12's its pretty cool!

40w, is the most i have seen for a 4ft.

Bud Hi

they are re-groupin from the glare of the sunstick. one light cycle burn't them.. I know not to try that again

i started them, in two rows, looking to see, if i can pick male from female, just by looking at size

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Looks like a coffin, should have no problem growing some kill in there. Good Luck

Bud Hi

smoke1sun said:
Looks like a coffin, should have no problem growing some kill in there. Good Luck

That's funny, I was thinking that today,while changing a ballast, I really like to think of it as a "Tannin bed", for the girls, waitin for them to Bare their Buds :spank:

Last edited:

Bud Hi

I was asked. Why bag seed and floro?

cause, I want to know when the time comes,??? after many runs/i know the plant will have a easier life, be able to spot what it needs...to grow into a frosty covered bud.. then i will seek genetics..

I use tubes, cause they were free :joint: as, was the sink, that can become a flood table. or go hydro..

for the number people>>>as of now-- 16 tubes
4400 lumens each
8-4100K cool white 87 CRI
8-5000k sunstick 90 CRI

I'm not good at countin, 16x75w=1200w/8ft=150w PER FOOT
4400x16=70,400 lumems
8x4100+8x5000=72,800K

Bud Hi

looks like they are going to make it!!, They are starting to fan out again, from being burnt by the Sunstick..

Bud Hi

found 5 boys, hangiing out with the 12 girls, Boy, are they pissed now. I put them all together, in another double sink, with a 70w security light.

also bent the girls over to tease the boys..

they now have more room, to get frustrated, with-out the boys

What do I do with the boys???

Bud Hi

2 months today-- lots of bud sights >>>>justa waitin.. :joint:

16 tubes/75w-- tap water and grandma's mollasses :wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts