What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First NFT

Snypie

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am going to start a new diary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Setup:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 100x100x180 (in centimeters, ~3.5x3.5x5 in foots) Mars Hydro tent
- 90x90 (in centimeters, 3x3 in foots) 70 liters (~18 gallons) Nutriculture NFT System
- I will cool the res with a Haliea HC-100A chiller. I will set the chiller at 19 Celsius degree (~66 in Fahrenheit) so the temperature will be in the 19-20 Celsius degree range always.
- I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier also. I will take care of the correct VPD.
- For veg i have a 250W 4200K CMH bulb, for flowering a 400W 3000K CMH bulb, but i would like to buy a 375W LED strip kit
- I have a Hydrofarm Radiant air cooled reflector and an oscillating fan under this. And of course an exhaust fan currently without an active carbon filter. I have 2 passive intake hole.
- For the chiller i have a Maxijet 1000 pump.
- I have a Hailea 3500 liter/hour air pump. I will attach 6 stone to it.

- I will be using RO water.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - The nutes will be GHE flora (grow-micro-bloom) for soft water. (I have some CalMag if it will be necessary). + some H2O2
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Strains:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 feminized Skunk CBD[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Snypie

Day 5.

They were rooted in rapid rooters and were fed with just RO water. They are under 3 23W CFLs. Today i will give them a very weak nutes. On the bottles there is a schedule for "first roots". I will measure the EC but no higher than 0.2 EC.

Today evening i will prepare the rockwool blocks also. I will soak them in plain water than a weak nute solution (around 0.4 EC). Sounds good? :)

Last edited:

Snypie

Thank you :) My water source is RO water because my tap water EC is now 0.67... (In summer it is over 1.0) The nute is GHE flora (micro + grow + bloom) for soft water.
Why would you skip the nutes personally? It is too early?

It's time to transplant the rapid rooter cubes to the rockwool. Yesterday i soaked the cubes in PH-d water. Do you would skip the soaking with nutrient solution also?

Yesterday i fed them with a weak nute solution. On the back of the GHE bottle there is a "chart" for "first roots". It is 2.5 ml/10 litre. It gave me an EC of 0.35. Today morning there was no burn, they were happy. But i you say it is not necessary i will give them just RO water.

Last edited:

Snypie

I need some help watering the 4" RW cubes.
So 5 days ago i transferred the root riot cubes to the larger RW cubes. The cubes were soaked in a PH'd water. The grodan tips says i need to water them when the cubes lost their soaked weight to 50%. So a soaked cube is 500 gramm. Now after 5 days the cubes are ~350 gramms. The grodan says water to 10-20% runoff. But in this case i will watering about once a week...
On forums i can read that you must keep the cubes moist not wet. But how can i achieve it? if i follow the runoff strategy the cubes will be over saturated. In this case i should water without runoff now and when the plant are bigger i should increase the volume of the water?

So please help me out :)

R

Rab.C

just water them till bit of run off.also sit your cube off the ground on a wire grill so air is underneth the cube.this will work like air prunning and roots will be good before they go into the system.

R

Rab.C

there is a thread here called -NFT MULTI DUCT GROWING By Azad you should have a look
there for info his roots in rockwool cubes is excellent

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts