What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tripleberry F2 Testers by browntrout

Buckeyebandit

I think they will grow out of it.Do You still have new growth pushing in the top. I messed my timer up and they ran 24/7 for a week and they didn't like it at all. Soon as back the hrs back they done good

starke

Update Veg

Update Veg

Today marks eight weeks the ladies have been above ground and although they continue to grow, growth remains slow. The tallest plant, #12, is only 11 inches tall.

The three topped ladies have recovered and shown some additional branching as a result of the topping, however that branching is clustered at the bottom and remains small.

I have increased the ec to 1.2 with the addition of the calmag and we will see if this results in any improvement.

Last Week:

picture.php

This Morning:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Update Veg

Update Veg

End of week nine. Bumped the feed to 1.4ec and the ladies seem happy, however, growth remains slow. I topped the remaining four untopped plants just to see if it will spur them on.

Cleaned up the bottoms on all the plants and took two clones from each. Nodes are extremely close and the side shoots small and dense but I managed to get clones from all. I have raised the light to try and get them to stretch some. At this rate it will be a sixteen week veg before they will be tall enough to put under my SCROG.

Going to transplant four of the plants into five gallons sometime this coming week and put them under the COBs to see if I can get them tall enough to flower. The remaining three or their clones will be flowered at a later date.

Last week:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Coming along nice starke they will appreciate the upped food I think ps whats in them little cups to the left of the big photos is that for the outside herb garden :)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What changes did you make?

I was using organic coco pellets, which expand when soaked. I thought this would be the ideal medium for starting seeds as the coco would provide a nice environment for lots of lateral roots. And it well may, but not a good idea for hydro growers, especially if (when in my case) the water level is too high, which keeps the coco wet 24/7, an open invitation to root rot. I went further: when I moved the young plants to my F & D set up I was flooding too high, creating the same issue

I am now back using Rapid Rooters

Note the seedling in the lower right has an orange cap used to support the stem. This had the longest tap root. I should have made the hole in the RR deeper. I actually cut it open to place the taproot deeper, then capped it with a small amount of coco in the hole to block the light, but it fell over with a very thin stem so I propped it up and - it worked.

LOL was wilting for a couple days. Why? Well once again the water level was too high, so I put her in h202 water and measured the level in a side by side and drew a line on the container. She perked up just fine, but lost a few lower leafs

Also, my BBCC x G13 seeds germinate more completely (long tap roots) in same water set up I used for the 3berry

View attachment 493726 View attachment 493727

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

End of week 10 and ladies 4, 12, 13 and 14 have been transplanted to their five gallon final Hempy homes and placed under 1280 actual watts of COBs. Light height is 24 inches and this is giving me 1700+ umols at the plant tops:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Continued below...

starke

Update Continued

Update Continued

I wish I could say these four ladies were selected for their stem rub smells, leaf appearance etc, however, the simple truth is they were selected because they were the most uniform in height and branching.

The ladies are currently 26 inches tall. I need them at 35 inches to reach the SCROG screen before I can flip to flower. I've bumped the feed to 1.6ec and am hoping the ladies will take advantage of this and the additional lighting to put on some height:

picture.php

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

End of week 11 and the ladies grew about two inches this week. Not a lot, but they had the stress of the transplant to deal with.

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

starke

So far I have been happy with them. I thought the 9" might give better coverage in a five gallon bucket, but the diameter favors the outside of the bucket. I'm probably going to switch them back to the six inch that I used last grow, although their diameter favors the inside of the bucket.

The mad scientist in me says re-plumb and run a six inch and nine inch in each bucket and alternate feedings with each. :biggrin:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far I have been happy with them. I thought the 9" might give better coverage in a five gallon bucket, but the diameter favors the outside of the bucket. I'm probably going to switch them back to the six inch that I used last grow, although their diameter favors the inside of the bucket.

The mad scientist in me says re-plumb and run a six inch and nine inch in each bucket and alternate feedings with each. :biggrin:

I noticed the risers under them looked short compared to the ones that came with mine. Maybe you just buried them deeper. If you double that height you'll get more splash = greater coverage. Might work great for the 6".
You can drill some holes on an angle to broaden your spray

hth

What are your feed cycles?

starke

I noticed the risers under them looked short compared to the ones that came with mine. Maybe you just buried them deeper. If you double that height you'll get more splash = greater coverage. Might work great for the 6".
You can drill some holes on an angle to broaden your spray

hth

What are your feed cycles?

Thanks for the ideas. Right now the ladies are being fed in Hempy tradition, once every other day, since they were recently transplanted. Once the roots hit the bottom of the bucket/resevoir I will probably begin feeding daily right on through flower.

The hydroton/perlite mix I use does not retain as much moisture/nutrients as the original perlite/vermiculite mix. Once the roots have filled the bucket the ladies seem to really like the once daily feedings.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the ideas. Right now the ladies are being fed in Hempy tradition, every other day, since they were recently transplanted. Once the roots hit the bottom of the bucket/resevoir I will probably begin feeding daily right on through flower.

The hydroton/perlite mix I use does not retain as much moisture/nutrients as the original perlite/vermiculite mix. Once the roots have filled the bucket the ladies seem to really like the daily feedings.[/QUOTE

Somewhere in the archives (~ May 2014/16) I ran a thread where I first tried HH drip. If you're curious, you might find some useful tips. Pretty sure I was feeding multiple times a day. Here's a few pics from that grow, though I do not see the rings/tubing etc, it was auto feed.

I used Air Pots with lava rock, which was fast draining, which allowed for multiple feedings. However the lava broke down. Eventually, I moved on to polished rocks, which I still use

hth

View attachment 494575 View attachment 494576

View attachment 494577

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

Today closes out week 12 above ground and I have decided to quit fighting the genetics and go with the flow.

My original plan was four ladies under my redesigned SCROG screen in my rearranged room. These ladies, however, have no intention of growing enough height or branching to warrant SCROGing so I'm scrapping that plan.

Up-potted ladies #3 and #10 to five gallons and they have joined their sisters. The sole remaining lady, #6, was culled. She was the runt from the begining but I did keep a clone of her to flower out one day, just in case. Going to run six plants instead of four in the same configuration as my last run without a SCROG screen. Going to veg another five days or so then do a major defol and flip to flower. Let them go natural from there on.

Backed the feed down to 1.2ec as plants #13 and #14 are showing a little tip burn and some clawing. Seems like I read somewhere in an old thread that Blueberry tends to be N and ec sensitive.

Swapped out the nine inch hydro halos for the six inch because they seem to give more even coverage in the five gallon buckets.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I haven't seen you mention anything about your PH. From looking at your pictures, you appear to have a low PH issue going on with your plants.