What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Better grow many smal plants than just one big. Be able to taste and feel phenos

Grow 1 or 2 big is not good ?

Grow 6 small is better ?

Feel different phenos and taste ?

Learn more also ?

In beginning this is the best i think ?

R

Rab.C

hey russian420 i am going to do six plants next run but flower them sooner

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
If plant count is no issue, then more is better for less time spent in veg, using less electricity.

UFOpilot

I always start a grow with about 10 seeds in 1 flowerpot.
During the grow there are always some plants that don't do so good.
These are then removed.Also some males will appear.
You can remove them as well.Or keep them and select a good one.
For making new seeds.
So you end up with just a few plants in 1 pot.
You can keep it this way.I never had problems doing so.
If you start with onely 1 or 2 plants you could have bad luck with starting with just the minor ones :-(

Drewsif

Grow lots and take cuttings of each to keep in veg. When you find out which is the best, flower those cuttings and take more clones, and get rid of the other stuff. Then grow big plants :)

coldcanna

Veteran
More smaller plants will yield better and consume less time and resources. I mean really when you think about it, our grow lights only penetrate 18-24" into the canopy and you have to strip everything below that line, so its really quite silly that we grow these 5ft tall plants and have 3ft of naked branch on the bottom. Doing 9-12 plants in a 4x4ft space with 4 weeks veg is a nice and easy target. If you wanted to keep it at 2 plants you would need to veg for 8-10 weeks

Mattbho

Grow lots and take cuttings of each to keep in veg. When you find out which is the best, flower those cuttings and take more clones, and get rid of the other stuff. Then grow big plants :)

This if you can because when your done flowering l/drying you will know what you want more of, and what you could do without . Bonus you will have +-10week old plants . If you cant take cuttings and find a little spot to keep them alive, find it!!

Nothing worse than popping a 11/10 dream plant and it dies trying to reveg it