What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using Botanicare with high ppms

gardener60

Hi guys i really need help. I have just started to use Botanicare Kind. I am in my 5th week of flower. When i mix 8ml of Base and 13 ml of Bloom I am getting over 1000 ppm's but my Ph is 6.5 which is ok. Is this Nutrient that potent. I had to mix it twice and it still read the same. I am not experiencing any tip burn plants look like they like it. Is this ok.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If the plants look ok then I wouldn't change anything.

1000 ppm is pretty normal for 5th week of flower.

If you are concerned post a pic and we can better help you out.

green-genes77

Veteran
Botanicare isn't that potent but there are a couple products that are easy to overdo in my experience and they aren't part of the Kind line. If your soil pH starts to plummet that's a good indicator that there is too much fertilizer sitting there unused. Are you including some plain water or tea applications in your regimen?

Anyway it sounds like you're on the right track but if you were really curious about how absorption in going in the root zone I'd do a quick slurry test.

coldcanna

Veteran
1000ppm is OK but I always prefer to run lighter- around 8-900 just to avoid over-fertilizing or salt buildup in the soil. PH of 5.7-6 is better than 6.5 also. 6.5 isn't inherently bad but if it starts to raise you risk locking out certain nutrients, setting it lower at 6 allows you to sway up or down and stay in that 5.5-6.5 range that most growers respect as the ideal range.