What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nano Emulsions & Spray Dryers

I'm looking for some guidance on processing techniques for people who have taken a liquid phase sonicated nano emulsion and used a spray dryer to take the solution into a solid phase.

I won't divulge the surfactant I'm using but we have a stable formulation that is clear at low dose and is decently not bitter.

Currently looking at using a Buchi 290 mini spray dryer to take the next step to a granular powder. From what I am seeing this is nearly as plug and play as it could get.

Can someone help see what I may be missing that has experience?

^^^Yeah I'm a member but I wanted to dig into the OG crew here to see if there was any action to be had. This place has some deep knowledge and I wanted to pass it through just to check in.

Thanks!

dybert

I'm looking for some guidance on processing techniques for people who have taken a liquid phase sonicated nano emulsion and used a spray dryer to take the solution into a solid phase.

I won't divulge the surfactant I'm using but we have a stable formulation that is clear at low dose and is decently not bitter.

Currently looking at using a Buchi 290 mini spray dryer to take the next step to a granular powder. From what I am seeing this is nearly as plug and play as it could get.

Can someone help see what I may be missing that has experience?

Do you have to disclose the surfactant on your I-502 package?

Gry

The used models I see are three grand.
Experienced BUCHI technicians in our laboratories all over the world will be happy to help you configure your specific application. There is also a database containing details of several hundred applications.

Let me guess,with thirty years worth of experience they just did not have anything matched the particular needs you had within their vast database.

The used models I see are three grand.
Experienced BUCHI technicians in our laboratories all over the world will be happy to help you configure your specific application. There is also a database containing details of several hundred applications.

Let me guess,with thirty years worth of experience they just did not have anything matched the particular needs you had within their vast database.

Been talking to Buchi and they have been helpful. No issues getting support from that team. Just was fishing around for someone who has practiced the application.

Thanks for the input!