What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

strains that give exceptionally clear headed highs

mayorofthdesert

some strains i end up buying really muddy my thinking. i'm looking for something that gives a clear high, can be energizing or couchlock, i like both. big plus if it's a popular strain because i'm stuck with dispensaries for a bit. just started working on a fridge grow set up though, so i am also interested in seeds.

thailer

i haven't found anything else that gives a clear high that isn't racy either like XJ-13. clone only tho.

window

Veteran
Chimera’s Simply Irresistible:)
Most have a clear, up, energetic high, some pheno’s have a tad more stone/body but still far more up than down:biggrin:
I found one that reminded me of the best narrow leaf import that I grew up smoking, before the market became dominated by the heavier wide leaf stones.
It was some of the clearest, uppy, euphoric herb I’ve smoked in years, even giving me the giggles, just like I remember from my youth.
Lost her to mites!
I’ve grown a couple more, looking for that special girl, they are all close but not as super clear so still looking.

From clone I’ve been enjoying SSSDH, clear but dreamy too.
Both the best SI’s and the SSSDH have an almost herbal xtc like effect, just lovely:)
Daytime, outdoor, summer herb:dance013:

igrowone

Veteran
a must thread to sub to, so i did
i like that the OP mentioned clear headed couchlock
they're out there, had a PPP that matched that description

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm interested to hear about strain along these line too. I hate getting stupid high and not being able to pay attention or hold a conversation.

Hydro8

Bruce Banner, C99, Golden Goat , Durban Poison are a couple that give me a nice clear headed high.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Bruce Banner, C99, Golden Goat , Durban Poison are a couple that give me a nice clear headed high.

Good call on the Golden Goat and Durban Poison :yes: I haven't had either of those in years but I remember enjoying them a lot and smoking those when snowboarding. Hearing Golden Goat makes me think of Island Sweet Skunk as a good clear headed high strain now too. I know they are related too so that makes sense.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
TychoMonolyth has suggested some Honduran that gives an extraordinarily clear headed high the locals called "trash", hes been trying to get seeds home for awhile.

Honduran Trash bag seed I got in Honduras never germinated. Awesome dope. I had a pound of Honduran seeds that never made it past the border, but I'm trying a few other routes. I'll get the bastards eventually.

You should see how interspersed the Honduran Trash was when I saw it growing on the island. I'd take a pass on it, but it's the best high I've ever had. Ever see the movie "Limitless"? Well, that's pretty close to the effect it has on me. Not a stone, it was a crystal clear and clean high, lets me filter our all the noise, not fucked up at all, and energising as hell, and not so strong (10% thc? Typical for a landrace I think). I'm a lightweight and can get a great buzz smelling a plant and one good toke can get me ripped. But I smoked half a joint, when diving on the reef wall and tried to catch fish with my hands while I was feeding them (fuckers wouldn't let me go on the shark dive because I'm not certified yet. lol).

But I'll probably get a tent and grow it indoor because I'm told it takes 6-7 months from seed and I don't know if I can grow it here outdoor.

I was on a Honduran island last winter where I discovered my favorite strain. The locals call it Trash because it's what they smoke when they don't have the imported Jamaican brick. It grows on the island where Jamaican won't grow (salt air/soil??). It tastes great and the high is fantastic.

Go to Roatan and ask a local waiter or beach bum for some "Trash". Smoke a joint then come back and wax on its beauty and how you never wanted to come home.

A year ago I went to Honduras for a holiday. I found the best weed I ever had in my life. Something the locals called "Trash". They prefer the Jamaican brick. In any case, I did a bit of strain hunting and I made arrangements to have a kilo shipped to me. All I had to do was figure out how I could do it legally. Here's what I found out. You can ship it to yourself, as long as they are from a country where it is also legal AND you have a Phytosanitary Certificate. Hum... but it's not legal in Honduras (soon will be I believe), so I dug a bit more, called Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Health Canada. CBSA was particularly helpful.

1. Pollen IS legal to bring into the country. No certifications or documents are needed.

2. You can ship seeds from another country if
A) You clearly mark it as being a "Product of <Country>"; and
B) It is to be used as Bird Feed. No Phytosanitary Certificate needed. lol
Item B, according to the helpful woman at CBSA, is somewhat open to the interpretation of the border agent. So she said "Make sure it's clearly marked as bird feed and if you have a bird feed website to assist in the interpretation, that would help you a lot."

So seeds are shipped to "???? Birders Club" and my home address, and my website is also listed on the shipping label.
View Image
View Image
View Image

I did have seeds shipped unmarked (dumb) and they were intercepted as being contaminated with foreign material. This means they had pieces of leaves and stems and shit in with the seeds. but if they were clean, I would have received them.

I'm going back in a couple months and will clean them myself. Hell... while I'm there, I may as well do some diving and feed the sharks. :)
View Image

Last edited:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
^^^whuuut haha idk what SSH you've had brother but cut anywhere near the right time it should bomb you out, but some of the really hazy phenos can need to go 90 days plus.. I found quite a few of those in the Mr Nice packs I ran..

Big sur holy weed is very very clear imo and not really speedy at all. Kind of puts you in a different dimension.

Breadwizard

Re: big sur holy weed

May be a bit of a challenge sourcing that line though, most accessible through SAGE by TH seeds (rumor is that BSHW is the "haze" in that cross). I've been having a hard time sourcing a cut or seedline if BSHW, and I'm local to the area!

mexweed

Veteran
yeah the super silver haze I have I would say is clear headed and energetic, no ceiling can just keep smoking it no tired crash

Koondense

Veteran
Bangi Haze(Ace seeds) and Cognition(Tropical seeds) were by far the clearest high cannabis varieties I ever smoked.
My bet would be on subtropical sativas like mexican or congolese, they tend to give an energizing and clear effect.

Cheers

Old school Dutch purples, like Frisian Dew and Purple Passion have always been really clear in my experience. Not super potent, but very pleasant and 'happy.'

Blueberry and White Widow are pretty clear too, but some phenos can be a bit heavier/muddier.

If your tolerance is high and you don't get paranoid easily, I'd say that most sativas have clear highs.

Latest posts

Latest posts