What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi Seeds Tester: Mendo Purps x Sunshine Daydream

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Looks great Buddah and some awesome descriptions!!

Do I remember correctly there were some black triangles in there?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looks great Buddah and some awesome descriptions!!

Do I remember correctly there were some black triangles in there?

Yesir, check out the "Temple of Ganja" thread, there are some pics of the other plants in the room, got some black triangles, hashplant d and some chem keseys along for the ride! Peace :rasta:

Minitiger

Looking good, dude! Interesting smell description. Mine just reek of straight-up caramel. My girl doesn’t really smoke at all and we don’t talk about the grow much, but the other night I squeezed a bud and then put my fingers under her nose haha, and without prompting, she said,”It smells super-sweet. Like caramel.”

I’m gonna take pics tomorrow night when I water, I’ll post them here after. I gotta say, they look like they’re gonna be done pretty soon. And I have to admit that I pulled a tiny nug off of one of the plants last night, just cuz I can’t wait to blaze this one. It just smells too fucking good to not sample a little early bud. I’m letting it dry right now, probably gonna smoke it tonight or whenever it gets, uh, smokeable.

Last edited:

Minitiger

Do you move your pots around, Buddha Watcha? I know it’s gotta be a bitch to move around those fifteen gallon pots, but it might help with the yield. I always put mine in different areas of the tent every time I water (which is every other day) so that each plant gets a decent amount of light throughout the course of it’s life. Like, if a plant is in the back right-hand corner, I’ll move it to the middle when I water and then when I water again two days later, I’ll move it to the front left-hand corner and then maybe to the middle of the front row, then the back left-hand corner etc etc.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Do you move your pots around, Buddha Watcha? I know it’s gotta be a bitch to move around those fifteen gallon pots, but it might help with the yield. I always put mine in different areas of the tent every time I water (which is every other day) so that each plant gets a decent amount of light throughout the course of it’s life. Like, if a plant is in the back right-hand corner, I’ll move it to the middle when I water and then when I water again two days later, I’ll move it to the front left-hand corner and then maybe to the middle of the front row, then the back left-hand corner etc etc.

I started out many years ago in 2 gallon nursery bags, SOG grow! I hand watered everyday and turned each plant a quarter turn every day. Best looking most even colas I ever had!!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
hey broda, thanks for the suggestion, and you are right, they are a bitch to move around, especially when wet, holy molly my back hates these 15 gals lol but sometimes I move them around a bit, its hard to spin them around too much cuz the whole room fits quite like a puzzle lol so I need to make sure to place the colas on the empty spaces... but its all good, this run its only a pheno hunt, hopefully my clones start throwing some roots out and I can run the best ones once again with only 1 plant per pot, which makes it a lot easier!

These pots are the only ones in the tent under 75w of LED, all other led pairs run at 100... The back ones seem to be bulking up nicely, the front ones all have really tiny nugs, but its all good, prolly a grower mistake to be honest, if I'm able to run them again we shall see if its really the grower error tho....

caramel huh? I'll smell them tonight with that in mind, maybe I can pin point it... its funny sometimes you smell something and you can't tell what it is, but once you hear someone describe something as caramel you go and you are like, thats totally right lol

funny how terps, the nose and the brain work together!

anyways, let us know the test smokes! I might just have to do the same :D

Minitiger

Lol re: those wet fifteen gallon pots. The biggest pots I’ve grown in were seven gallons and I HATED them. I always take my plants out of the tent and hand water them, no matter what size pot I have them in. Those seven gallons were SUCH a bitch..... I hear you on your back. Having said that, this is the last time I’ll be using the three gallon pots I’m in this round. The Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s have been exhibiting Mg deficiencies big-time for a couple weeks now and even the Mendo Purps/SSDD’s are starting to show it now, too. Really annoying. This is the second run in a row where the three gallon pots I use just aren’t working out, so that’s that. Probably gonna switch back to seven gallons.

One thing I’ve been wondering about is if me using buildasoil’s kinda guidelines or whatever is fucking these plants up. I’ve never really had a problem in three gallon smart pots before, but that was with me only using water, with maybe an occasional addition like fulvic or K Silicate or an SST during flower every two or three weeks or so. This time, I’ve been using all kinds of inputs (fulvic, K Silicate, SST’s, yucca etc etc) every other watering per buildasoil’s recommendation and the plants seem real unhappy. Or something. I also always top-dressed with a little gypsum, fish bone meal, kelp and neem a week or two before I started flowering, but I didn’t this time. What you think? Just from what I’ve noticed this round, it seems to me that adding a bunch of shit to my water isn’t working out. Maybe it’s cuz I’m in smaller pots, I dunno, but this grow is kinda getting on my nerves.

Fuck testing haha!

Last edited:

Minitiger

I started out many years ago in 2 gallon nursery bags, SOG grow! I hand watered everyday and turned each plant a quarter turn every day. Best looking most even colas I ever had!!

I don’t turn the pots, I just move them. I figure if they’re in the right-hand corner, then the left side of the plant is getting the most light. Then I move it to the middle of the tent so it gets light all over. Then I move it to the left-hand corner so that the right side of the plant gets a lot of light etc etc. This round I have nine plants, so a perfect three x three rows, which makes it much easier to move all of the plants around so they get a decent amount of light.

You’re right, though. The colas on these plants are just THICK as fuck. I’ll post pics tomorrow. These Mendo Purps x SSDD (Mendo Sunshine?) look amazing.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
hey bro, sorry about to hear about the issues you are having, from my experience with organics, the less inputs you throw in the better... everytime I try to give them some extra love I end up making them less happy lol so I mostly just let them ride... this round I did a bit of bat guano and malted barley, but maybe twice and very little.

7 gallons are not so bad to move around, but them 15's god damn lol, not only are they heavy as shit (prolly 50lbs) but they are pretty awkward to lift when there is a huge plant growing inside lol but it is quite nice to have the extra soil for organics, i must say, plants seem to love it! I'll give them another few runs and then I will reconsider if I switch back to 7 or 5 gals... or even 3 gallons...

I have good experience running plants on 1 gal of organic matter, and they usually do real good if you don't wait too much to flip them... whenever they get too rootbound is when deficiencies start showing up... how long were your plants veg'd for?

If the plants seem happy just let them do their thang and get out of their way :) water its all they seem to need!

I'm not sure what exactly your soil mix is, I think you said you use CC mix... post your soil mix here if you get a chance, i can compare to my mix and maybe give you some insights..

glad to hear yours are bulking up, here things are getting there, slowly, a few plants look like they can come down next week, the rest prolly need another 2 weeks at least...

and brother the smells are off the charts, the pinneapple/strawberry pheno seems to be developing a lil bit of orange terps too, fruit salad mix ftw! also another pheno with similar smells, the other phenos are more earthy/musky side. I couldnt really pin point caramell on the smell tho, but definitely on the sweet side of things!

Anyways, time allowing, I will post an update in the next few days!

Peace!

Minitiger

Yeah, for sure it's because of all of the inputs that I'm having issues. I'm certain of that. Always been a "water only" guy until this run and never had any issues before. I just thought I'd take buildasoil up on their recommendations and look where it got me haha...

Anyway, here's a few pics. These look like they're real close to being done, keep going back and forth on when I'm gonna chop, but it'll be soon for sure.

Attachments

• Mendo Purps SSDD #1 day 42 1.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #1 day 42 1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Mendo Purps SSDD #2 day 42 1.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #2 day 42 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Mendo Purps SSDD #4 day 42 3.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #4 day 42 3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 42

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looking great man, yours definitely bulked up more than mine! lol we shall see if I get another run with these to try to grow them proper! I think all the mite pressure in the beggining slowed down their stretch/bulk growth phase... !

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, yesterday was around day 60 and 3 of the plants got the chop! I left the other 3 but they should be coming down in the next few days!

Overall very happy with how they turned out, the nugs are quite small but I bet it was my mistake. I have 3 of my favorite phenos cloned and just need to work them through the reveg process and then I should be running them again!

The front pot had the smallest plants and smallest nugs, not too much purple or dark coloring on these.

The back pot had the 3 big ones, and my favorites.

#2 smelled very nice, pineapples strawberry, but that kinda changed into a funkier smell at the end... The other phenos are more towards berry/earthy musk side of the spectrum.

#4 very nice too, prolly best yielder..

#5 was the purple one, smaller nugs like the first 3 phenos but nice coloring.

They all stacked nicely, lots of nugs per branch and a good stretch! maybe 2-3x...

All plants were very vigorous and didnt require much attention. Branches were sturdy enough to hold its weight. Very pleased with how they turned out this far. A smoke report in a week or two will be posted for the final decision on the product!

Enjoy some pictures!

back pot

picture.php

picture.php

MP2:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
the weak pheno, not much branching or yield... looks like it needs another week or 2, but i doubt ill let it ride that long, need to clean space...

picture.php

mp5?
picture.php

few macros from the small ladies (3 and 1)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace!

Minitiger

Haha, I chopped four of mine last night, too (day 48, which just seems crazy to me). Three of the ones I chopped look like they’re gonna yield decently, but the fourth was just pathetic. The nugs were rock-hard but never filled out. If I get an oz from that one, I’ll be happy. The last one, the one that I didn’t chop last night, will be coming down tomorrow. That one still has some white pistils here and there, but I want it that way. The other four looked DONE, to the point where I was like,”Shit, these might end up with too heavy of a high...” so I want the last one to have kind of an “up” high. We’ll see how they all turn out...

They all smell real good, though. Not so much caramel anymore. I’m gonna wait til they’re all dried up and cured for a few weeks before I get into smell descriptions.

It’s funny looking at your pics and the pics on that other thread, too, how different all of our nugs look. Yours look good, though, fo sho! I’m gonna post pics on my thread tomorrow, check ‘em out if you want. I’ll post them here, too.

One last thing: I’m never testing again hahaha!!! Seriously, this has been such a pain in the ass grow. And I still have those Nigerian/NL2’s growing, all of which look like shit except for one. And they’re not gonna be done for another three weeks or so, if they make it that far. For real, I am never. Testing. Again.

Last edited:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thanks moses, they did recover pretty well! I think the low yield might have something to do with it, but i'm very happy I saved this crop! Sulfur/Botanigard and most important, the predator mites did the trick! I'm still fighting them at the veg room, sulfur sprays every 3 days, been 2 weeks so far, plants looking way better, but I still see some mites here and there! Hopefully another week and they will be gone, then order another predator mites batch and hopefully we can call it victory!

Minitiger, nice broda, glad to hear things went well! Yes, #5 is purpling up now, it needs another week for sure, so does #2! #4 was the purp pheno and went down already... was a skinny one but looks real nice! A bunch of the phenos, you will see some really dark red/purple spots on random nugs under the canopy, its pretty cool!

I cut #10 the runt pheno, needed another week or 2, and I needed the space, not much yield on it, maybe 5gs... lol no biggie! it was the smaller on from the start, and it got crowded by the other plants...

Can't wait to try these :)

Minitiger

I knowwwwww, dude, I cannot wait to try these, either. They smell DANK. At least, I think they do. However, when I got in bed last night after chopping these plants, my girl said,”That weed smells like a wet rag,” haha! Whatever. I’ve found that the gnarliest-smelling shit usually tastes real fucking good.

Sadly, I’m that asshole who dries for as long as I can and won’t sample until they’ve been cured for at least three weeks. Right now, conditions in my drying tent are perfect, which means ten days or so of drying, followed by a three or four week cure. Which means I still have a month left to sample these nugs.

But I’ll probably pack a bowl while I’m trimmin’ haha...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
bro some of they definitely had that wet rag/musk smell to it... dirt and wetrag with a hint of fruityness haha thats what I'm getting before the dry... we shall see how it smokes :)

I'm not that patient like you so will definitelyu smoking it as soon as i can :D lol

:rasta: