What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EXCELLENT Example of Why People Resist Ending Prohibition

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Artificial Ignorance

The philosophical study of the economics of knowledge and its degradation into mere information. Since economists have banished scholarly history of economic thought from their departments, they feel safe in telling any just-so story about the development of an economics of information. But the joke is on them: believing they are wizards of information management, they have become even more ignorant than the agents in their theories. Believing the market validates truth, they become complicit in the spread of ignorance.

*I found that concept on AI (Artificial Ignorance), but you were looking for just one word, and so far I can't seem to find it, but I will keep looking.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very well stated Smug Pepe.

The taxes are legitimate thievery themseslves and the agents that make them happen are the thieves.

The thieves do absolutely nothing to make the products better. Their only purpose in life is to collect a handout. And the thievery is so bad that the thieves need to hire a gang (either thin blue lines or dressed in military [inclusive thereof] garb) to protect them from those being robbed.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Very well stated Smug Pepe.

The taxes are legitimate thievery themseslves and the agents that make them happen are the thieves.

The thieves do absolutely nothing to make the products better. Their only purpose in life is to collect a handout. And the thievery is so bad that the thieves need to hire a gang (either thin blue lines or dressed in military [inclusive thereof] garb) to protect them from those being robbed.
Yarrrr, ye be making sense. :)

Gypsy, I laughed hard at the Artificial Ignorance remark. That's a good one for sure, lol. Thanks :D

What's a 30 second elevator-pitch version of this concept. It can become a very valuable tool in enlightening people to their own lack of awareness and help end prohibition.

Yeah, that'll work. People will be so thankful that you have exposed their ignorance, and will hasten to correct their views, because they value truth so much. They definitely won't dodge, dip, duck, dive, and dodge the realization that they've been full of shit their entire lives.

:laughing:

Here's an actual good reason to resist ending Prohibition: because "legalization" actually means bringing weed under the firm grip of corporations, government cronies, and former narcs, while people who have dedicated their lives to weed freedom are left out in the cold.

Want to free the weed? Overgrow the fucking planet. Quit caring about what brainwashed idiots think. Do everything you can to undermine the pigs, the politicians, the lawyers, and their corrupt system. DO NOT OBEY.

Andyo

Veteran
i wonder

i wonder

How many people in this thread are paying tax and have a job !
or excuse it as a cover to grow weed!A

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yeah, that'll work. People will be so thankful that you have exposed their ignorance, and will hasten to correct their views, because they value truth so much. They definitely won't dodge, dip, duck, dive, and dodge the realization that they've been full of shit their entire lives.

:laughing:
True, the more deeply one believes the lie the more violent their emotional reaction to the truth is.

The word I'm looking for will do more for the next generation, and people who are waffling, than the true troglodytes. I have no illusions of successfully waking up the deeply entrenched. lol

Was thinking along the lines of "MarijuanaPrimate." I know this can be refined to a single, easy to throw word. You all know what a 'stoner' is, and it used to be a word only a few people used years ago. ;)

shaggyballs

Veteran
You dislike prohibition. If 'legalization' had happened, we would be able to grow and use cannabis like lettuce plants. What we have is monetized prohibition.

We are currently confronted with a gigantic rat race whose sole purpose is to imprison cannabis in legal, biotechnological, industrial shackles at the service of the Pharmacocratic Mafia, and therefore at the service of the Banks.

But it seems the only possible way is the unconditional release of cannabis and hemp to the pleasure of the Peoples and for Healing and enjoyment world wide.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're good words, I just believe they've been overused in the cannabis discussion. With all the conspiracy theory traffic the last few decades, people don't respond to them the same way.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "Trained Troglodyte?" Latin maybe?

Troglodyte = a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned. A Trained Troglodyte would be an entity with a 'created' ignorance and trogloditic(sp) mindset.

So, a word which describes an artificial ignorance and pre-determined mindset people have been programmed with. Does that make more sense?
Sounds to me like you're describing robots.

Sounds like we need to update the firmware and do a hard reboot.:biggrin:

mowood3479

Veteran
Unfortunately we can't have our cake and eat it too. For me it's just about the weed not the money. It's a case of what's best for the majority of people. Fact is the majority of people who smoke cannabis don't grow it.

I don't think you have much to worry about. If alcohol and tobacco are any indication of how things will play out it will be so highly taxed and expensive for the end user there will always be a market for quality weed. In Australia tobacco taxes are so high the black market for tobacco is huge. The government has created this through their own greed. The legal big tobacco growers are getting screwed and the small importers/growers are making the money.
Weed isn't like tomatoes. The government will apply all sorts of "sin" taxes. Just my humble opinion.

Legalization in the USA has killed the small time cannabis grower (read anyone who doesn’t have long $).
Between the hassles of local code enforcement and liability insurance and state regulation, setting up a grow and retail facility is a multi million dollar operation.
Most of the facilities that have been liscenced so far have former Leo as executives.
Always nice to see cops getting a slice of the pie after 50 years of locking people up for the exact same thing (growing herb).
I’ll never buy corporate cop weed. (Not that it will matter).

Last edited: