What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's wrong with my pepper plant?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Happens to the best of us. Cull the infected plants and spray the rest will baking soda 1tbs to a gallon of water.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Thought I'd give an update on the surviving plants. My jalapeno pepper is doing great and has a peppers all over it. I ate one the other day and it was delicious! No signs of disease at all and I didn't change my care routine so I now know that I wasn't killing it or my other plants that were sick.

My tomato plant obviously has spotted wilt but has show some resistance to the disease and has managed to power through it unlike the last one that was completely wiped out by the spotted wilt. The growth has been stunted, as well as fruit production but I've managed to harvest a few dozen tomatoes already with many more on the way! I'm glad that I only culled two of my plants and gave these ones a chance.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
baking soda? what this do?

Baking soda raises the ph on the surface of the leaf, changing the ion balance which cause fungus cells to collapse.

It is effective as a preventive against PM and fungus.

I spray weekly starting in the spring. Simple and cheap.

al70

Veteran
Baking soda raises the ph on the surface of the leaf, changing the ion balance which cause fungus cells to collapse.

It is effective as a preventive against PM and fungus.

I spray weekly starting in the spring. Simple and cheap.
WoW, i didn't know about this L.B., do you use it on your cannabis plants ?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Yeah isnt milk classically sprayed on plants for the same reason but as well as raising pH and having some calcium it also encourages lactobacillus to outcompete pathogenic bacteria..