What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The rough way to make hashish

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I used to smoke mine all the time when I was quitting cigarettes. I would stuff the store-bought tubes with it using my machine and it was just like smoking a filtered cigarette.

My tolerance is so high, I can't really say if it got me high. But, it was great for smoking cessation.

If one's tolerance were low, it might get them high.

A little chlorophylly tasting but, still better than tobacco. LOL

Now, I just chain smoke joints. Cigarette free since December 9th 2017.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Because I would smoke a whole little ball of hash just like it was a bud, I know how I am!

p.s.- thanks for the cannabutter recipe

H

HaHaHashish

More tips,
Seal your trim/buds in bags and leave in freezer overnight, cold resin gland's break off easier, make sure no moisture can enter the bag's.

Make sure to open the bag of frozen dried plant material and sift it quickly inside a low Rh room (to do this turn on the A/C and or the dehumidifier) or the plant material will thaw and become damp very quickly unless it was fully dried before freezing.

When you knock all the trichs off of buds, are the leftover buds worth smoking?

no
if you do it right, theres NOTHING left on the material

looked around the house for a midnight diy solution for wasting some trim, cloth works :dance013:
bab.png

PDX Dopesmoker

no
if you do it right, theres NOTHING left on the material

looked around the house for a midnight diy solution for wasting some trim, cloth works :dance013:
View Image

One time a couple years ago I dumped a whole bottle of cold Everclear on a QP of ground, sifted trim & larf to see how much oil was left in the stuff and came away with not quite a gram of oil, less than 1% of the weight of the stuff I extracted from.
Since this is the quick & dirty hash thread, here is a picture of the stuff I sifted off ground trim a couple days ago.
4mXyCVE.jpg

This is the tools of the trade, small jars, a 250 micron pieced steel tea strainer, a steak knife and a piece of xerox paper and a chest freezer (not in photo).
xoPuFdj.jpg

Nicest stuff is what was left on the inside of the jar I frozen the material in before sifting it
QIqkrEN.jpg

Last edited:

Night4wings20

That looks mighty tasty. I just tested out my bubblebags on some 1 year old leaf and the results aren't too bad for what I started out with :) Still contaminated but yeah not bad imo.

Here is a photo
picture.php

Hydro8

I have also been using the nylon stocking and a bowl to make hash. I saw someone do it in Hightimes years ago and it stick with me. I am going to up grade to some kind of screen for more consistency.

I buy my nylon stockings and a bowl at the dollar store. $2 simple inexpensive and works really well.

H

HaHaHashish

excellent quality starting material and I'd hit that sift all day long.
Nothing is better than deep hits of dry sifted resin....I've got some trim and small buds that will soon be dancing across my screens.

Next time try sifting without freezing the material beforehand and without the electric grind to ensure purer, less contaminated end result. Make sure the buds are dry (this might take months of cool, dark, dry) and the sifting is done in a room with low humidity and low temps, so use a dehumidifier &/or A/C (a walk in freezer would be ideal!). Break up the bud over the screens into budettes and gently screen this, set aside this first sift then break up the material into joint rolling size and re-sift the material... you can freeze this material, break it up into a finer mix and resift it a third time, which by then should be virtually resin-less.

Happy Sifting