What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hellfire's Landrace Library

hellfire

Howdy y'all, still around and what not :tiphat:

Hard for us to do things indoor in the summer so not much action. I have put some landraces outdoors this summer for some smoke, they'll need to be covered to fully finish though.

picture.php

Outside is some Durban, Swazi, Australian and that one really nice Jordanian pheno.

CannaZen

Hellfire,

Cool! What latitude are you growing? I am curious how they may fair at 48N, I've had some (S O A) Transkei hybrids withstand some frost but i was out there spraying them down with h20 before direct sunlight.
Its already cooling down here. This would be my first year i may have an outdoor harvest.

Looking forward! :)

Last edited:

hellfire

Hey all, I'm still kicking! :dance013:

Been smoking on some of this landrace outdoor from the summer.

The Australian is quite an upbeat sativa! Its been my chosen breakfast weed for the past week or so. You cannot sit down after smoking it, very energetic. The funky lime-like smell is still hanging around. Its not so much 'hazy' smelling as some of the other landraces. I don't think it finished off quite that well outside, probably got too cold for it too fast and it didn't get the time it needed. About to grow it inside though, should be a treat.

The Lashkar is a solid indica and definitely a stony mind numbing weed. Good for night time smoke or if you want to take a nap hah. Its taste has mellowed out, it doesn't taste like the sweet smell the flower gave off of chocolate notes. Now it has gone more toward the original Lashkar I've experienced after being trimmed/curing for awhile. It tastes roasty, deep, and has hints of tobacco/leather coming through. Some primal, archaic-like weed.

picture.php

Swazi outdoor
picture.php

Moroccan outdoor

CannaZen: 37N. Definitely hoping to get a greenhouse up next year! I feel they got a little too cold too fast for sure. The plants also were in an area that got shade significantly sooner than the sun going down so I imagine they got quite chilly.

I'll be posting descriptions of the landraces as I smoke them as well as flower pics. Looking forward to tasting them after some curing!

Right now I've started some PCK seeds. The female they came from was a chunky and nice structured plant with massive amazing purple dark buds combined with landrace aromas. Technically they are an F2 from Bodhi's PCK open pollination, with the most purple looking male pollinated on that female.

We're also waiting on some new landraces! I'll drop an update when they come in. Possibly some SEA stuff, which I'm excited about.
TTFN

KanCha

Hellfire,

Good pictures and information. Saw earlier you mentioned Nigerian. Any chance you could hook up some information in regards to this one? Got some photos etc. and from my understanding Nigeria was a major exporter of ganja fruit back in the day. Would love to here more about what this one is like and its genetic structure.

Following here, any plans to release the land races? besides that, theyre beautiful plants and looks like your work is coming to fruition. Im glad to see these lines continually taken care of.

hellfire

Hey all :tiphat:
The seasons are changing, spring is coming and winter is fading or close to its way out depending where you are.

With the lull of winter fading and things springing to life I find myself anxious for fresh air, adventures and long flowering varieties. I've grown fairly tired of indicas and modern hybrids, and while I do appreciate them, their structure, look and effect (not all the time) I find that I want to move to a sativa only or mostly sativa garden.

I've thought about planning out a sativa breeding round or running an OP of one strain in particular. I don't want to release anything really until I've either OP'd some things or planned out a solid breeding project with multiple female phenos of landraces and a selected male landrace.
The Vietnam Black X Thai is tempting. So are the Southern Indian NLDs. Panama Red and some Viet Black x Thai would be interesting. I'm still wanting to either go to Zamal or find some seeds :laughing:
Hellfire,

Good pictures and information. Saw earlier you mentioned Nigerian. Any chance you could hook up some information in regards to this one? Got some photos etc. and from my understanding Nigeria was a major exporter of ganja fruit back in the day. Would love to here more about what this one is like and its genetic structure.

That one comes from Bodhi, I'm not sure where exactly his stock was sourced from in Nigeria. To my knowledge most Nigerian is sativa but not quite as long flowering as Malawi.

gunsofbrixton, not yet. Very interested in getting them done though.

hellfire

Hello again, sorry for lack of updates. Lack of internet.

Here's some Lashkar Gah x Swazi grown out this summer. Very nice and smooth smoke. Sticky and resiny. It produced a compact plant with sativa looking leaves. The smoke was tasty and the smell of fruity and sweet floral hints. The fruity smells is fresh and ripe, like mixed fruit not one specific. Underlying it is an anisey spicey aroma but the upfront sweetness is very strong. A stony but sativa leaning high, the first half an hour makes me want to sit down and then the energy comes.
Pics
picture.php

picture.php

Random thoughts...
Vietnam Black x Thai X Bodhi's Emerald cup17 thai (shoelace thai?)
Vietnam Black x Thai X Afropips Mini Malawi (backcross the mm?)
Lashkar Gah x G13 X Lemon G13
Start the PR seeds...

I started some LKG Durbans recently. Looking for a good keeper female.
Keep tokin on! :tiphat:

hellfire

Here is a Malawi x Lashkar seedling. A pure hybrid of the sativa malawi and the compact indica afghan. It looks like it is leaning towards the lashkar and is growing like a female. I wonder what kind of flowering time she will have. I have a few more seeds of this, would like to make more to explore the variety in this cross.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a Thai cross from bodhi. The male used was either mexican or nepal. I don't have much experience with either of those two. From what I've seen of mexican sativa leaves this is the guess I'm leaning towards. Anyone familiar with mexican and or nepal leaf structure?
Looking like a male so far, it will get a new pot and soil soon. If male he will be inspected, see what kind of smells come off him, how his structure is and how he clones. I'm digging the leaves..
picture.php

Hope everyone is having a great 2020
:tiphat:

Wauhh!!! Nice fat leaves.one question hellfire, where did you buy the moroccan landrace?
Here is a Malawi x Lashkar seedling. A pure hybrid of the sativa malawi and the compact indica afghan. It looks like it is leaning towards the lashkar and is growing like a female. I wonder what kind of flowering time she will have. I have a few more seeds of this, would like to make more to explore the variety in this cross.
View Image
View Image
View Image

Hope everyone is having a great 2020

hellfire

Psy_explorer I do not know the exact origin location of the Moroccan. I do know they were collected in 2001. It seems to me like a generic hashplant type, posseses some interesting smells but overall appears focused on resin content. It grows in a way to me that seems like a production selection.

Malawi x Lashkar is looking like a nice lady, nice leaf expression with the width of the afghan coming through. Noticeable Malawi like points of the leaves. Overall compact indica leaning structure looking forward to seeing her do her thing. :biggrin:
picture.php

picture.php

Bodhi Thai x Mexican ? , Nepal ?
picture.php

Beautiful leaves here. Not too much noticeable smells so far. Looks very male to me but also no real sex expression yet except for what appears to be 2 balls at the top. I wait till I'm certain to mark things as male or female. May take a clone and flower in the future to see traits.

hellfire

The Thai cross turned out female, a happy surprise. Quite the tall girl.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh she looks like a long one....might pop a few more to find some males. Not sure, this leaves me back to looking for a good sativa male. She's got a nice structure for the classic xmas tree look.

hellfire

Howdy :blowbubbles:
I have been flowering out some of the sativas. I am hoping the Thai cross from Bodhi remains stable. The 2 Mini Malawi phenos are quite different in flowering time. Not really many scents yet off the sativas.

I'm running a Lashkar Gah x G13 inside that I ran outside this past summer. It has an interesting finished note, the upfront is a skunky nose somewhat like an old Afghan smell upon grinding a piney rich and spicey smell comes through. It had a nice purple tinge to the buds finishing outsids.

I ran a Lashkar Gah x Mini Malawi cross and I still have a clone. It produced lots of pistils and hairy buds. A sweet and flowery kind of smell that has a chocolate/cocoa hint to it. I don't think I gave it the best attention or right amount of time last cycle so I'm hoping to run it again soon.

Vietnam Black x Thai
picture.php

picture.php

Mini Malawi - looks to be the bigger yielding and or shorter flowering pheno
picture.php

Bodhi Thai cross - Nepal or Mexican father
picture.php

I am having to wrangle this one it keeps trying to hit the light.

I have some pure Vietnam Black I would like to cross the Malawi with. I eventually want to backcross the malawi or self it as I no longer have a male. I also have another selection of Malawi Gold seeds I could cross them together but I feel the Afropips version is most likely earlier time and a less diluted selection.

I may retain things like the Lashkar Gah x G13 or the Malawi cross for breeding if they prove to be keepers. More than likely I will be trying to start some preservation projects soon. I have some equipment upgrades I'd like to make. Then possibly start some Peruvian seeds.

Hope everyone is enjoying fall/croptober!