What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hmong Thai - 2017

dannykarey

Great thread, really inspiring!

Thanx for putting in the work, RC.

I've been an Indica head most of my life and I'm just now starting to delve into Sat's. I'm really starting to appreciate the amount of time, dedication and care that goes into flowering out one of these gems. Truly an art form, imho.

Keep up the good work!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So the Hmong Thai is a highland Thai grew plenty of them dose this one go brown from harvest to drying or dose it stay a green.

grayeyes

I have yet to see Manivelle not poop on anyone's ideas. You can count on him to throw crap at anyone.

He must think it is amusing.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have yet to see Manivelle not poop on anyone's ideas. You can count on him to throw crap at anyone.

He must think it is amusing.

I read his comments but not what i ever saw i inbreed a Thai line 10 generations never saw a loss in vigor or potency.

The only time i saw that was in S1 or self lines and they seam all the rage in the community these days.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I read his comments but not what i ever saw i inbreed a Thai line 10 generations never saw a loss in vigor or potency.

The only time i saw that was in S1 or self lines and they seam all the rage in the community these days.

With how many males & females you did the inbreed?Any pics btw?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
With how many males & females you did the inbreed?Any pics btw?
I grew x amount of seed would only keep the females and select the strongest male of the males .If i only had one male i used him as we are talking about a stable true breeding line here not a poly or hybrid.

B

Benny106

Thats awesome man its been such a long time, trying to get 50 posts again lol. Hope everything is best as it can be bro!:huggg:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thats awesome man its been such a long time, trying to get 50 posts again lol. Hope everything is best as it can be bro!:huggg:
Yea the 50 post mission life's been ok mixed bag like most i guess mate how things have changed in a decade ha we went from cannabis to Rudaralis Ditch weed as being the next great thing evaluation some call it?.

B

Benny106

All that selection away from the no high plants and then here we are, auto flowering cbd feminised seed is the new new.

Ktaadn

Nice work on a rare gem of a seedline! These old heirlooms and landraces are so much more valuable to the community than the newest overhyped polyhybrid "flavors of the month". Sure it's better to use more individuals for preservation purposes but that's not always possible and I applaud your efforts to keep a special line alive into the future.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All that selection away from the no high plants and then here we are, auto flowering cbd feminised seed is the new new.
They used Rudaralis mate and the dutch breeding also did years ago why you find high CBD plants in the off spring.

Ktaadn

I always have to shake my head at this trend as well. Makes no sense until you remember that the majority of people on this planet actually have no sense and just follow the crowd.

romanoweed

I read in the Description for World of Seeds`s - Wild Thailand, These are longtime selected from normal Thai-strains for early flowering Plants. And i think : You get more Amount of Resin, but less Trippy Feel. So, for me ist not interesting cause you get the Same Amount of Trip, in the Equation...

BUT it is an interesting Try.. probably one Day someone could get ONLY positive Results, wich i dont believe in, but we would have to try. And i think the Wild Thai was actually halfway gentle treated . Abit Overkill but still ok.

But yeah i myselve preffere 16 Weekers cut too early and im at 45 Degree lat.

Another Idea is : in Marocco, many plants start Flowering in Spring. I heard thats cause in Summer it gets bonedry, and Plants adapted to that, and have choosen to start Flowering cause of Dryness is ahead, BUT despite of the Need to grow bigger (increasing Daylenghts). This is remarkable, and im thinking if we couldnt just take a Thai, and do a Dryphase-Selection. Every rare Plant wich survives that will be further taken . One day i guess These will be dryness-Flower-Plants.

So i, at 45 Degree lat. could build Greenhous, give the most minimal possible Water, so it dosent die, and voila: ThaiPlant flowering, roasting at 45 Degree in Summer.

Logic behind: A selection for Dryness-survivors might be less drastic than one, for northern adabtion.. Might. The northern Adaption will anyway not use the Sun most efficient, it will ever flower into dark Autumn. But my Dryphase-Selection would nicely flower (directflower) from Juni to September, and get most out of Sun

Latest posts

Latest posts