What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phylos Galaxy - Landrace discussion

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Nope. He quit when he realized the truth.
Good.

Wasn't sure. I kinda thought if he had quit and was trying to distance himself, he wouldn't have started out ""My name is Ricky, and I’m here today from Phylos Bioscience".

Maybe " today I quit Phylos", or " I used to work for Phylos"

Thanks for straightening that out for me.

kumo_kuma

I still don't understand what everyone is so up-in-arms about. They're angry that at one point they said they wouldn't breed, but now they plan to?

I guess my disconnect is that I never put much store in their genotyping service, with the difficulty of obtaining accurately labeled, genuine source material to build a foundation of older and heirloom type strains.

I also think it's far more likely dude was pushed out of phylos, rather than quitting from some idealistic standpoint. Who really knows. There are plenty of people in this industry who feign altruism, and being a "whistleblower" might garner some reputation while also burning down a company that released you.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Sam has friends in high places and seems very good at suppressing information.
I did not even get the......x Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 05-07-2019 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Bullshit post

My post is just gone like the wind.

I got a PM requesting me to back off so I will comply.
Your complience will be rewarded, Hail Hydro.:biggrin:
A 23 sec.must watch video.
[YOUTUBEIF]313jVM66Z48[/YOUTUBEIF]

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I still don't understand what everyone is so up-in-arms about. They're angry that at one point they said they wouldn't breed, but now they plan to?
Phylos kinda made seem like this: Send us your genetics so we can analyze it. We won't do anything with it, other than open source publish it. We won't use the data for breeding, because we will always be a non plant touching company. We will show you how all these plants are related. Having your strain in our Galaxy will help prove ownership against patent whores.

But video of Mowgli makes it seem that breeding was the main goal all along.
And now many worry that Phylos WILL use our data for breeding projects, and then patent the plants.

I can understand why a hard working breeder who sent his work to Phylos would be nervous.

troutman

Seed Whore
Sam has friends in high places and seems very good at supressing information.

Dr. Zaius in the original Planet of the Apes when also good at
suppressing the truth to keep the rest of the tribe ignorant.

Dr. Zaius explains humanity

tve3434-13-267.jpg