What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnetically levitated plants!

Drop That Sound

Check it out guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBA9VJWf_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxi7XZohBHk

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?!

thinking.gif

Drop That Sound

Actually I just thought it would be cool to have a mini bonsai cannabis plant for decoration!

But after thinking about it a bit more...

queequeg152

Veteran
Actually I just thought it would be cool to have a mini bonsai cannabis plant for decoration!

But after thinking about it a bit more...

oh... i assumed you were going after some sort of overly elaborate means to rotate plants for even light exposure... my apologies, yes a bonsai cannabis plant would be cool.

Drop That Sound

oh... i assumed you were going after some sort of overly elaborate means to rotate plants for even light exposure... my apologies, yes a bonsai cannabis plant would be cool.

I actually have some of these:
41IjluAnooL._SX355_.jpg

1 X 10" Rotating Turntable - Lazy Susan - 65 Lbs Capacity

that work good for that, and other tasks.

Drop That Sound

Ya for sure it would be cool to have one... And who knows for sure (probably NASA..) what affect a mag lev device would have on a marijuana plant? I'm already sure the light distribution would be great, seems like a fun experiment!

corky1968

Veteran
I say it's two strong magnets with the same poles facing each other.

The magnetic field is strong enough to push away the little bonsai plant away.

Smoke cannabis exposed to the wrong magnetic fields and you may turn into Magneto.

Drop That Sound

I say it's two strong magnets with the same poles facing each other.

The magnetic field is strong enough to push away the little bonsai plant away.

Smoke cannabis exposed to the wrong magnetic fields and you may turn into Magneto.

There appears to be 3 small magnets in the bottom of the optional lava pot...

Also the ''energy base'' is able to levitate and spin the pot at the same time. Not sure if you can lev without rotating.

In my concept design I can see that the roots would swirl around towards the center bottom portion of the bucket, which would possibly help keep the drain clear, and also create the illusion that the plant is standing on its tap roots. If you could control the rotation\speed of the device you would only need 1 or 2 misters on one side of the bucket...

More research is needed thats for sure!

corky1968

Veteran
They sell magnetic stirrers for chemistry and you can control the speed of rotation with them.

I'm sure it's something like that.

Drop That Sound

They sell magnetic stirrers for chemistry and you can control the speed of rotation with them.

I'm sure it's something like that.

You can make a magnetic stirring device from old computer parts.. hard drive magnets & fan in a box. I was gonna make one for mixing E-juice. Just need to buy a specially coated metal rod.

Come to think of it, a magnetic stirring device located on the bottom of a res might help when first mixing up the nutes, faster than a pump can recirculate the solution, to get quicker readings.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the extra magnetism from any device would affect the nutrients, specifically iron and other elements. I know pumps cause iron to "fallout" or whatever they call it. easily fixed by supplementing, but how would a normal pump compare to a mag lev device as far as that go's hmmm..

asaf

I can't remember the Japanese name of sphere soil container. It is so difficult technically with not easy implementation.

This levitation can be awesome with some epiphyte plants, emulating tree movements.

Thanks.

dav0034

Its not a perpetual movement ! If u need a rotating mechanism for the magnet, just put your pot on this rotating mechanism.

It's better to move the light, not your plant!

Tips ! for build a light mover use one Ball motor side.

Drop That Sound

Magneponics Concept V1.2 coming soon..

Future upgrades:

-Tube shaped LED array for vertical applications (another idea of mine) :)

-Addition of a magnetic vortex water imploder (supposedly makes the h20 molecules bind together in a way that allows them to pass through a cell wall much easier)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqKCl1_WY0

-Automation system

Stay tuned,
-Drop