What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That comes out to 600ppm (1.2 EC), and is what I'm using start to finish. Works great, and the stock solution is incredibly easy to use. FWIW, on rare occasions I've used 12ml of each to reach about 720ppm.

It will vary some because of measuring error or stuff in your water. To get what I posted I used air distilled water and a measuring flask. But the solution I mixed varies with how much water I make the mix with. I use a gallon jug so it will vary in strength.

But it will be between what the two of us have listed above.

M

mugenbao

It will vary some because of measuring error or stuff in your water. To get what I posted I used air distilled water and a measuring flask. But the solution I mixed varies with how much water I make the mix with. I use a gallon jug so it will vary in strength.

But it will be between what the two of us have listed above.

EDIT: My answer was wrong, and my meter needed to be recalibrated. Ichabod's answer below is the correct answer.

If there's ever any disagreement between me and Ichabod, always follow Ichabod's advice lol :D

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I should have specified that I use tap water, although it's usually only around 25ppm. Perhaps I mixed my stock solutions slightly stronger, that would easily account for it. My scale doesn't go up to 880g so I had to measure in two batches and might have erred a little.

If there's ever any disagreement between me and Ichabod, always follow Ichabod's advice lol :D

There are to many variables to get it 100% accurate. A little less water in your stock or a little less than 10ml or a little more of each can make for different mix strength. The important thing is to watch your plants to see if they need a little more or a little less.

But if you mix it close nearly all your plants will be happy. A few will want more and a few will want less. Those are the ones to watch closer. But if you give the same stuff to two different people your mix will not be the same.

painter66

Just the Jacks and Calcium Nitrate come out at about 1.0 EC. So 500 on the 500 scale and 700 on the 700 scale. When I add the other stuff it comes out at about 1.2-1.3 EC or about 600-650 on the 500 scale or about 840-910 on the 700 scale.

Glad you found the thread useful.
thanks mugenbao and Ichabod crane.
but could you tell me what the EC 1.2-1.3 is in ppm for the N.P.K.Ca.Mg. thanks again guys.:thank you:

painter66

Just the Jacks and Calcium Nitrate come out at about 1.0 EC. So 500 on the 500 scale and 700 on the 700 scale. When I add the other stuff it comes out at about 1.2-1.3 EC or about 600-650 on the 500 scale or about 840-910 on the 700 scale.

Glad you found the thread useful.
thanks guys but could you tell me what the ppm are for the 10ml of each for the N.P.K.Ca.Mg. :thank you:

M

mugenbao

thanks guys but could you tell me what the ppm are for the 10ml of each for the N.P.K.Ca.Mg. :thank you:
You should be able to get fairly accurate guesstimates of these numbers from either the CannaStats spreadsheet or Hydrobuddy application, as well as play around with different recipes for adding boosters, etc.

There are some threads here on ICMag that probably have that info directly as well. I'm pretty sure there's one by ShroomDr has that kind of info for a ton of different products.

hayday

Veteran
I got all the way to page two...Immediately air layered. :Bolt:

picture.php

This seems fool proof and I'm here to find out.

Thank you I.C. This is good stuff.

hayday

Veteran
I didn't but I did not scarify the small branch.I could remove the cups...
or see what happens.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you did not ring it then it will just scare over. You need to completely remove the bark all the way around to make it root. If there is any path to the roots it will not root in the bottle.

pedro1987

great thread you have here mr ichabod - im in jamaica and cloning is very rare here as they tend to work with seeds
-im struggling with finding the cambium layer so i was thinking that i would just t some v cuts in the branch and then the roots would grow out from the exposed cambium although that is no where as good as the way you do it - ive been surfing and looking at cross sections of mj stems but still only see the skin, the layer below it and then the tough wood below that so im still confused as it looks to me loike to cut all the way down to the wood but that not what your posts say - please help me to understand the layers sir

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
great thread you have here mr ichabod - im in jamaica and cloning is very rare here as they tend to work with seeds
-im struggling with finding the cambium layer so i was thinking that i would just t some v cuts in the branch and then the roots would grow out from the exposed cambium although that is no where as good as the way you do it - ive been surfing and looking at cross sections of mj stems but still only see the skin, the layer below it and then the tough wood below that so im still confused as it looks to me loike to cut all the way down to the wood but that not what your posts say - please help me to understand the layers sir

Just cut it threw to the woody stem. You need to remove the skin all the way around. Try it several times and you will get it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It has been a while since I really posted anything in here. That last post brought me back and I noticed it has been voted 5 star 28 times. Just a big thanks from me for acknowledging that this has been a help to you guys.

DiverDave

Thank you for your thread , I've learned a lot in the month or so since joining ICMAG and I am glad to have learned a clone tech that may help when I get to that point.
I have one grow almost done with soil in horizontal sog.

It has been a pain , mostly due to heat and stress.

I was surprised you started this thread in 2015 and it is still continuing in 2018.

Great job , love to follow and learn more.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts