What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow ultrasour fem

littlegrow

Hey guys welcome to my first proper grow without my brother around anymore, i got 12 seeds and 1 free fem one which is this one i want to do one at first to get it right :) so here is the low down

40watt CFL 6500k, 3 bulbs = 120 watt
Strain: UltraSour Fem
Cupboard grow, i would say 3 - 4 feet height room
the soil is for seedlings, mature plants
my plan is to LST to keep it short

So thats that, i currently have 3 fans, 2 intake fans and 1 out take fan which i shall be adding an home made carbon filter to. im not here to grow the most bud im here to currently learn and enjoy what i grow for now, so here are some pics

I gemed her on the 14/7 and today 15/7 she has poped and is ready to be put into soil after using the paper towel way of germing

B

BasementGrower

I would do more exhaust fans.. and no intake .. let exhaust fans do the work to pull the air in.. or 2 exhausts 1 intake...

littlegrow

17 july day 1 - she shown her little leaves

So she finally made her arrival today hello little girl :), im naming her maggy. here is her pic

littlegrow

19th july - Day 3 - first real leafs are growing but im a bit worried about her first leafes drooping, the temps are a little high due to the hot weather over here its currently at 86 Fahrenheit which i think is way to hot but i can't get it down no lower anyway here is a pic of my baby. Also i only have 1 40 watt CFL 6500k on due to the heat built up as the weather is so hot over here

al70

Veteran
ye need more light

ye need more light

put a shelf in about 5 or 6 inches from the top, drill holes in shelf to let bulbs through, as many as u can, ye get it ?,,goodluck

littlegrow

29 July - Day 10 from sprout

Sorry i have not posted for 10 days but i was just waiting for her to grow haha, but ive added in an extra 40 watts of light so now running 122 watt of cfls with mixed spectrum

2 6500k
3 2700k
in total 122 watt

i have made some changes to the cab i put a shelf in i can higer and lower for the bigger CFLs, drilled bigger holes for more air exchange so it runs cooler

here are her beautiful pics she is looking quite nice

al70

Veteran
your plant looks nice little grow, ye should paint the interior with a flat white emulsion paint to help reflect that light, what nutrients ye gonna use ?

littlegrow

ive still got some more white, black, its kinda like mylar but they did not have any at the grow shop. im also using this luqid growing its 7/7/7 npk here is the pics

al70

Veteran
ive still got some more white, black, its kinda like mylar but they did not have any at the grow shop. im also using this luqid growing its 7/7/7 npk here is the pics

[URL="http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/dirty_hands/20130705_153134_zps7ab44b43.jpg"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/dirty_hands/47452359-9bef-454b-837a-a1c800b873ab_zps45258fef.jpg"]View Image[/URL]
yeah paint inside flat white, be careful with that nute shit, dunno what it is like for your plants, if your gonna try it just use half recommended dose, your new growth looks a little lime green in colour, they might need a little nitrogen but be careful to start with, goodluck.

littlegrow

Day 23 - aug 08

So a few updates, last weekend the lights went out for 2 days so my baby was in complete darkness for 2 days which resulted in here almost dying i think so i have not got an extra 33watt which i added about 20 mins ago. i am not sure how much longer to keep her under veg as i would like to take 2 clones but i think she is 2 small what do you guys think.

i also upgraded her to a 2lr pot.

in total i have 144 watt in total now

23rd_day.jpg

23rd_day_pic2.jpg

al70

Veteran
no clones yet littlegrow, she's barely a clone herself, no rush, whats the hurry, WE'RE NOT HERE FOR A LONG TIME,, WE'RE HERE FOR A GOOD TIME,,goodluck.

littlegrow

Hey guys so back today and after 2 days of not seeing her. and with only 60 watts of light due to only have 1 timer over the weekend since shes on 18 on and 6 off. she has grew i would say i good few inch the past 2 days :D so here are 2 more pics :), if i put the other 2 lights on it goes from 89 f to about 94f which to me is to hot

11_aug_pic_2.jpg

11_aug.jpg

littlegrow

so here she is 2 days later her leaves were pointing up so i hope its not heat stress, its been about 4 weeks now and she has had a tiny bit of nutes today, i think its cool how she looks like an african tree :D

littlegrow

so been away for a few days and here is my baby shes looking okay apart from a little browning on leaf tips :( but gave her some nutes i think she is over nutes so might buy some epson salt

littlegrow

haha yea i was using 64k lighting 80 watts but it was way to hot to switched to 2700k and now have about 64 watt in total and its a bit cooler and the nodes are pretty close so im enjoying this plant :D it was a free seed with my other 10 so have not tried the others yet as its my first proper grow :D

Latest posts

Latest posts