What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everything x oBoy

Kangativa

Veteran
The eMM is sweeter to me than the earthier mullum, and the sweeter Thai tastes always carry a hint of purple pepper sour grape kind of taste in the background. Do you know what I mean?

That comes from the clone that I was given from a old friend that lived in Mullum and had, had that strain for many years.
This years Emm are a perfect combo of sweet earthy, sometimes it is hard to pick the smell until you chop it up then the smell fills the air.
It has pretty much got to where I want it now and I cant wait to use the males on the Nev#21 as that cross was the best of all the strains I used to the NH.
I have also used a male that came from the MMb x MM#1 over the NH, I think this should be killer

Ill put up things down in the Wizards re Sumatran/Oax.

Big John

Yeah. That's it. Lookin forward to seeing lots of pics. Will be like a family reunion, siblings ;-)
:peacock:

My female was the F2 BX and oBoy was the F2. The potency, smell, vigor, structure . . . everything was better in the F2.
He said it in his post, amazing smells and a potency greater than either of the parents was found often.
For those of you who haven't read the threads. GTRFB had found a freak of a haze female in a run of Seedsman oHaze. It finished completely in 10 weeks with huge yeilds of fat bud when everything else from the run took 14, 16 weeks? Somone compared it to a plant that Verdant Green had found I think. Anyway, the guy crossed an assortment of males with it, grew them out and sent in a few packs to share.

The F2 was so good he did a BX trying to capture his original.
Odds are good for others to find something good there.
Seems to be the story of Haze from the beginning.
I have some F3's I guess you'd call it between the 2, not planning to run them any time soon as again, the offspring have clearly exceeded the best gust of their parents. ;-)
Listen bro, no secrets here. I'm tellin you the F2s are breeding fuel, and congratulations :) There's a great haze run just in that pack, no shit. The NL just seemed to pass on better structure, faster flowering, and added a smooth hashy base to the sharper incense taste.
I haven't hit the BX jar in months. Soon ;-)

Really enjoying this thread. Good luck man.

Kanga!
I love those words :woohoo:
In my mind, very little of value has been added to our experiential vocabulary in the last 10 years. When talking about old strains, old words carry the old meaning better than anything. Authenticity Hombre! :)

I love the way you described how the bud is both physically dense in flower and produces that dense rich smoke that just completely fills the lungs.

That dense rich bud combined with a more open flowering, sweet Oax shortens the flower cycle and changes the structure to something a lot more condusive to indoor growing.

The combining your selection of male(s) from that with a Sumatran.
Well, you will have to give us some details on that girl :)

The eMM is sweeter to me than the earthier mullum, and the sweeter Thai tastes always carry a hint of purple pepper sour grape kind of taste in the background. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, gotta run. Pics of the Sumatran !
Check back in soon.

That oBoy sure sounds like a hell of a plant!

I'm loving this thread, you guys are discussing all sorts of good stuff, from kangativa's MM crossed to oaxacan/sumatatran to raho's work with the oBoy. You guys don't mind if I hang out and learn a thing or two do you?

Raho

Veteran
King said:
raho said:

That comes from the clone that I was given from a old friend that lived in Mullum and had, had that strain for many years.
This years Emm are a perfect combo of sweet earthy, sometimes it is hard to pick the smell until you chop it up then the smell fills the air.
It has pretty much got to where I want it now and I cant wait to use the males on the Nev#21 as that cross was the best of all the strains I used to the NH.
I have also used a male that came from the MMb x MM#1 over the NH, I think this should be killer

Ill put up things down in the Wizards re Sumatran/Oax.

Thanks K, I am thrilled that you validated that taste. I have been trying to describe the Thai flavors that I experienced for a long time, but haven't found anyone around on the web in 3 years that described it how I remembered it, or recognized my description from their experience.
Then, getting the hybrids of your gear and finding the old taste in the background, just like the best Thai I grew so long ago . . . well it's very satisfying :)

It sounds like you have a very clear vision now of what your genetic tools are, where you want to take it, and are stacking traits to combine into something the whole world would enjoy.
Just great info K, and I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Old story:
I also had a thai/pakistani hybrid from some seeds we got from a dude smoking in the parking lot at SFO in '82 that carried the purple pepper sour (citric acid) grape taste and added a camphor element that really "activated" the sour grape/citrus. Very penetrating terpenes. Big yield. Powerful smoke. I have a pic of me sniffing the cola on that plant I need to scan.

I experienced the earthy flavors in the loose thai (83) so I know those as well.
I have to admit I am hopelessly hooked on the sweeter taste, but they are clearly related. More variety is always good . . . hard to go wrong :thank you:

When I get some jar pics of the 21 emm up, you will see it's a beautiful plant. The calyx to leaf ratio is nuts.
I grow for myself, so trimming to me is different than people trimming for bag appeal. I don't like to handle the flowers any more than necessary, so I leave more leaf than most people.
The 21eMM is practically all calyxes, but in a spear shape flower. That has to come from the eMM.
The big Mullum (MMb?) S5 also has high calyx ratio, but with more ping pong flower structure, and rock-like density. Most people would appreciate a grinder or scissors to deal with it.

Glad to hear you have found the Nev21 crosses to be worth keeping in the stable.
It must be a huge job to test all those offspring as I know you to have very high selection standards.
Sounds like you have had a VERY productive year :)

Kangativa

Veteran
Thanks Kanga, I am thrilled that you validated that taste. I have been trying to describe the Thai flavors that I experienced for a long time, but haven't found anyone around on the web in 3 years that described it how I remembered it, or recognized my description from their experience.
Then, getting the hybrids of your gear and finding the old taste in the background, just like the best Thai I grew so long ago . . . well it's very satisfying :)

It sounds like you have a very clear vision now of what your genetic tools are, where you want to take it, and are stacking traits to combine into something the whole world would enjoy.
Just great info Kanga, and I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Old story:
I also had a thai/pakistani hybrid from some seeds we got from a dude smoking in the parking lot at SFO in '82 that carried the purple pepper sour (citric acid) grape taste and added a camphor element that really "activated" the sour grape/citrus. Very penetrating terpenes. Big yield. Powerful smoke. I have a pic of me sniffing the cola on that plant I need to scan.

I experienced the earthy flavors in the loose thai (83) so I know those as well.
I have to admit I am hopelessly hooked on the sweeter taste, but they are clearly related so it's like fucking 2 sisters :) More variety is always good . . . hard to go wrong :thank you:

When I get some jar pics of the 21 emm up, you will see it's a beautiful plant. The calyx to leaf ratio is nuts.
I grow for myself, so trimming to me is different than people trimming for bag appeal. I don't like to handle the flowers any more than necessary, so I leave more leaf than most people.
The 21eMM is practically all calyxes, but in a spear shape flower. That has to come from the eMM.
The big Mullum (MMb?) S5 also has high calyx ratio, but with more ping pong flower structure, and rock-like density. Most people would appreciate a grinder or scissors to deal with it.

Glad to hear you have found the Nev21 crosses to be worth keeping in the stable.
It must be a huge job to test all those offspring as I know you to have very high selection standards.
Sounds like you have had a VERY productive year :)

The Oax has that sweeter taste about it, so that covers that side of things.
I did grow out a fair few S5's, but I have decided to stay with the L Maz and a few others as I really have to make a choice on what works best for me.
Yeah i know what you mean about the spear shape as you can see by the pics I have put up of that cross.
I have kept the NHz and a MHz, but most of my work will be with the MHz as Nev has the NHz covered and the MHz is proving to be a very good cross as well. I just put up more pics of the NHz crosses so people could see what was on offer..

It was a pretty good year for selection, now it is down to the final what to really keep so they all cross well together.

Sounds like you have some pretty good stuff going on to.....makes it all worth while when it all comes together and as i always say the journey getting there is the best part.:biggrin:

Raho

Veteran
Been a very busy weekend.
First, a few "pics of old pics" of my work in 81 and 82.

First, 2 sativas:
Raho - Panama Red, 1981
picture.php

Raho - Thai Stick, 1981
picture.php

The Panama Red got killed in a big storm before flowering.

Next, the Pakistani x Thai hybrid I called Plane weed:
Raho - Pakistani-Thai hybrid, 1982
picture.php

Raho - Pakistani-Thai hybrid, 1982
picture.php

Don't be hatin for my cal-mag deficiency on the Plane weed. I was just a kid ;-)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought you might have posted the same shots you did in Slip's thread, (bet you're doing it now) but was delighted to see those archival shots! :good:

Raho

Veteran
I promised pics of my F1s so I shot them too.
In no particular order:

Raho - Mullum Madness x Super 5
picture.php

Raho - Nev21 x Early MM
picture.php

Raho - Nev21 x Early MM
picture.php

Yo Sammy and DirkD - C5 x LaNina2
picture.php

"Frisco" BK OG x oBoy
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Continued:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - Chem#4 x oBoy (pheno A)[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - Chem#4 x oBoy (pheno A)[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - Chem#4 x oBoy (pheno D)[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Raho - Chem#4 x oBoy (pheno D)
[/FONT]

picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Finally:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - ESCD x oBoy (oBoy dom)[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - ESCD x oBoy (oBoy dom)[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - ESCD x oBoy (Sour dom)[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - Masterkush19 x oBoy[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raho - Masterkush19 x oBoy[/FONT]
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Thought you might have posted the same shots you did in Slip's thread, (bet you're doing it now) but was delighted to see those archival shots! :good:

Hi HL!
Nope, trying to avoid dupes, just putting them where they seem to make sense (Slips plants in Slips thread, my buds in my thread)
:)

I also put some pics up in the Mass/RI/Conn thread.
No dupes where I can help it :)

Hope you are doing well brother :tiphat:

Madjag

Veteran
Looks like "Astral Plane" weed....and I'll bet it was outstanding. Put you right into the air....about 5 miles high.

I truly loved those days of Panama Reds, Santa Marta Red and Gold, and the rare Green Mangobiche from Colombia. The soaring highs were everything. Body spasm herb like lowland jungle Colombian or old commercial Colombian high in CBN was just starting to hit the market in the western USA and many folks never got a taste of what a true "high" was. Gettin' stoned has so many meanings.....

picture.php

S

Slip Kid

Finally harvested some of the first Lucifer BX in which the ohaze male was used to BX my Lucifer clones. This cola is about the size of the seedling when I flipped the lamps. The oBoy definitely increased the size and length of the clusters and added some deeper orange to the odor. I only had a chance to take the first part of one plant today, tomorrow I can take down the rest when I have a bit more time. This plant was coming very close to day 90 when I cut her today. The original cuts went from 70-75 but I pushed these a bit further.:)
picture.php

S

Slip Kid

Here's a close up of the inside of the top above^^. She's been on plain water for close to 2 weeks and still drinks at least a gallon/day. I could probably push the sisters to 95 days because they show no signs of letting up.
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Sweet Mother of GAWD!
90 days is right when I pulled the Frisco F1. The oBoy crosses seem to spend a lot of time ripening at the end. Doesn't look like much is happening on the outside, but I found calyxes swelling from the inner ones first then to the outer ones.
Yours is definitely more mature than the F1 I ran.
DAMN that's beautiful.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slip Kid again."
Thanks for sharing those Slip!

edited to add:
I am happy to see there is still a clear oBoy influence in that BX.

Raho

Veteran
Here's a close up of the inside of the top above^^. She's been on plain water for close to 2 weeks and still drinks at least a gallon/day. I could probably push the sisters to 95 days because they show no signs of letting up.
picture.php

You can see the oBoy influence in that bud.
It has the wandering leaves of the oB flower but the calyx size and nugget structure of the Luci OG. I have no doubt the effects will be wicked.

Compare it to this Sour oBoy (oB dom) which has the same wandering leaves, but smaller, more open calyxes. Expression even further to the oB side (yes, that bent red branch and Dr. Suess looking little bud offshoot behind it is the MMs5):
picture.php

This female Luci oB F1 shows more Luci dom. Not Spears, but bigger than ping pong balls. Not sure what to call them . . .
picture.php

Anyway, the genetics are gold, and the growing is a masterpiece.
Thanks for bumping this thread with the update Brother!

Raho

Veteran
She's been on plain water for close to 2 weeks and still drinks at least a gallon/day. I could probably push the sisters to 95 days because they show no signs of letting up.View Image

Noticed the same thing in all the oB crosses. Once they get in that ripening stage, they drink but are barely using nutes at all. When it gets to that stage, you have to wonder if the PH of the water even matters :)

Damn that plant is exciting.

S

Slip Kid

I cut the top off the second plant to let some more light into the room...These things are black holes for light! A bit more chunky/funky but still a similar massive cluster of flowers.:)
picture.php

S

Slip Kid

An inside view after a slight haircut. Hard to beat for sheer size/weight ratio.:)
picture.php

S

Slip Kid

Last but not least a dried lower bud from the first plant taken at 75 days. Stony and tasty in a paper...
picture.php