What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SWC Tub's

singularity

things are looking really, really good. played around with adding a recirculating pump(@scrog!) and noticed results within 2 days. then played around with adding a 650gph pump on the tub of serious 6, they looked better within hours. today im going to add a 1050gph to the tub of double dutch and see how that fares.

picture.php
.php?albumid=33324&pictureid=798605[/IMG]
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 114956

wow looking great sing, i think they are gunna need support bad can already see buds hangin over the side nets going to come in handy.. also i think the recirculating pump is a great idea

Scrogerman

Veteran
looking good man, Aerobic conditions are gonna fare better all day! warm sol doesnt equal better in my book. id add bleach or h2o2 or go the bene route myself, watching your results with interest! G'Luck with it mate!

singularity

adding the recirculating pumps has turned this operation into complete ganja-genocide, 'cause i am killing it with the tub of Serious 6. this is a perfect example of what i designed the system for, 16 site SOG that should? yeild tits.

i always get a lot of buildup with lucas in the rez's, something that doesnt sit well with me. and since my main goal is to run a cycle with no rez changes whatsoever, im switching back to Canna Substra part A & B Vega that ill supplement with a bloom booster. much cleaner nutes that mix clear and perform well; used them for years when i first started growing.
the serious 6 has a 650gph pump, while the double dutch and ak47 have a 1050gph. both have air valves, too, which im also using to help oxygenate the water. not sure how much the bigger pump helps but the results are nice.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
i always get a lot of buildup with lucas in the rez's, something that doesnt sit well with me.

What 'nutes' are you using to mix up the Lucas? Maxibloom and the Flora 3-part have always been super clean for me.

You using something else?

You should have named this thread SWC Hot Tubs! LOL This hot nutes approach is making me re-think DWC/SWC. You're absolutely crushing those grows! :tiphat:

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

edit: Come to think of it... I would run 2 grows before changing reses, no problem. I severely dislike res changes.

What 'nutes' are you using to mix up the Lucas? Maxibloom and the Flora 3-part have always been super clean for me.

You using something else?

You should have named this thread SWC Hot Tubs! LOL This hot nutes approach is making me re-think DWC/SWC. You're absolutely crushing those grows! :tiphat:

edit: Come to think of it... I would run 2 grows before changing reses, no problem. I severely dislike res changes.

Ya his grow is pretty damn intense, clean and just ready to show off ;-D

Would be interesting if the outcome is GPLW.

this thread saved me 300 bucks on having to by a chiller :-D
For I believe 78-80 isnt bad at all hehe

You see.. this makes complete sense to me though lol
Why its thriving in warm water.

In my eyes I see it no different then mother nature...
Next year for your outdoor plants do something for me.

Plant 2 plants near each other. Get them in the ground all
good to go..

Make sure to REALLY mulch them deep.. like 6inches of super RICH matter.. that will decompose throughout the summer months.. actually make it deeper.. 8inches...

THEN this is the money part :-D

Grab yourself a Hefty Black Garbage bag.
Cut a slit half way through it on any side.

Choice one of your plants and slide the bag around its base, covering up the mulch. secure it to the ground so it stays nice all summer long.

BAM your trapping in heat from the decomposing matter :-D
The readily available new nutes plus the warmth give you
some really nice growth.

(This is how I always plant my outdoor plants, added bonus is weeding that area is super easy then)

Cheers friends.

Bassy59

Sing, you posted you always get root rot in anything below 69-71 and you want res temps up to 90f?

This has me flabbergasted. Baddies start to grow at temps above 68f.

Dissolved Oxygen ppm is exponentially lower as you increase water temps. By HUGE AMOUNTS.

I love the idea of your system. Personally I would run a chiller. But hey if it's working for you why change right?

Are you worried the system is too shallow for the amount of potential root mass?

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Singularity- have you thought about running just the pumps and cutting the airstones?
It may require drilling a pair of holes into the wall of the SWC tubs, but would cut the noise down. Keeping the pumps outside the tubs will eliminated the warming effect.

It's been said that a water pump that constantly exchanges the surface of the water will oxygenate the water better than air pumps will... Then you can have the airpumps on a backup battery for power outages.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
They tore everything down. No updates.

Looking forward to a run like that in your new location Singularity... .good luck!

The mountains in Colorado are beautiful, sparsely populated and wonderful.... if you like snow. LOL Lotta good counties where they won't bother you much.... stay away from Cali... it's one of the worst Nazi states now.

singularity

one thing i know is good hydroponics ;)

the thread will start again in march, going to run some controls as cross-studies so stay tuned!

picture.php

supermanlives

Veteran
as usal i am late to the game LOL next time a plan for plant support would be advised. yoyos ,net , wire fence , something. good luck

Henkie420

Good day y’all,

First of all i know the thread is more then 6 years old and that there are no updates since then, but i am very impressed by this way of hydroponics and thinking about growing MJ this way.... i have done 2 grows in a waterfarm and was slightly succesfull even i dont have a good light.
Was wondering if there is still someone out there who is growing this way

Latest posts

Latest posts