What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any luck with HealthStone ?

smokum420

Hey all,

Has anyone attempted to reduce the size of the HSG HealthStone either with filing or sanding ?

I have a smaller gandolf style thin stem glass, and its fixed bowl is too small for the stock stone.

Just don't want to destroy the stone attempting it ($$ & I luv my stone) if others have tried and failed.

EDIT: btw, I have emailed HSG twice about this now, but no response...

thks & VapeOn,
smokum

Last edited:

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Get yourself a cheap rotary tool and you can easily sand down to size with the right attachment. Also, consider picking up a replacement stone. They're not too spendy

smokum420

Thks for your response. So have you tried it ? and if so, what attachment and medium did you use ? as I have a dremel and a few drum sanding pieces. Was interested in knowing the grit to use, or any other means that have worked.

I realize I could guinea pig one, and I do have a spare backup, but I figured that I'd ask rather than thrash one needlessly. I'm on disability, so every penny counts.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Thks for your response. So have you tried it ? and if so, what attachment and medium did you use ? as I have a dremel and a few drum sanding pieces. Was interested in knowing the grit to use, or any other means that have worked.

I realize I could guinea pig one, and I do have a spare backup, but I figured that I'd ask rather than thrash one needlessly. I'm on disability, so every penny counts.

Hey! No, I've never tried but you've planted the seed! I was just conveying what I would do (will be doing.) Good luck and if you give it a go, pls post pix! TC/GL.

smokum420

i would be careful not to use anything that will leave residue on the stone. could impregnate the stone with of gassing nasties

Good point (never gave it thought silly me), and will need to consider this. I was hoping to only need to ISO the stone when finished depending on the medium I choose to try, and/or just blow it out with compressed air if using sand grit.

Why would you want to reduce it's size when it comes perfectly fit in it's own slide?

"I have a smaller gandolf style thin stem glass, and its fixed bowl is too small for the stock stone."

Hey! No, I've never tried but you've planted the seed! I was just conveying what I would do (will be doing.) Good luck and if you give it a go, pls post pix! TC/GL.

Ok, thks. Will see what next week brings and decide if I'd like to risk the one stone or not, and will shoot some pics should I tackle it.

VapeOn,
smokum

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Questions. Is the circumference to big or is the the thickness that's the issue? Or both?

smokum420

To fit this particular bowl, it would need to be both area's to be optimum..... however, since I only wish to use concentrates with it the thickness isnt really a factor but more of an aethstetic.

The more I think about it, it would take a very steady hand and good eye to attempt maintaining the bevel as well.

Be interesting to try I suppose.... will have to drag out that long ago stored dremel and see what I have for attachments.

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Health Stone Vapor Stone

Health Stone Vapor Stone

I use my Health Stone Vapor Stone EVeryday.

Aqua Lab Tech

smokum420

LoLoL....... of course YOU do !! Wish I had YOUR inventory to play with (or at least have on hand for access on a whim, lol).

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Hey guys, today I picked up one of these Health Stone pipe. Question though, purely for Oils? Bubble, or even ganja? Have separete stones for each? Or can I just use it for all three choices? What would be the ideal set up with the HStone? Its sitting here, looking like it would be nice with some Strawberry Cough thats giving me the fish eye, and maybe a little Hashball thrown in.

vta

Veteran
Picked up this stone bowl the other day for $6. I like the stash chamber.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use my Health Stone Vapor Stone EVeryday.

Aqua Lab Tech

How do you clean it or do you replace it weekly?

I think it's great but gets clogged fast of course and then what?

Why don't you all offer some quantity discounts? Didn't you used to offer something years ago?

Latest posts

Latest posts