What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A discussion: Keeping nordic outdoor strains as mothers.

Nunsacred

Lebanese#27 x Exodus Cheese

NOT easy to re-veg, been on 20/4 for 2-3 months, still touch & go :

gallery_53062_4026_14722.jpg

This year, if I can, I'll take cuts before flowering starts again try hard to keep them out of flower indefinitely

StonedGolem

Have you ever gotten your hands on any outdoors strains we have bred here in Finland? There are plenty of non-commercial outdoor strains over here. One of the most interesting ones I guess is the kind of slow autoflower called Ovela Ratsastaja, which can grow over 2 meters tall.

Nunsacred

That Leb27 cross cutting did not re-veg; it died...
Gutted, I love that phenotype.

I think there are many genetic factors involved in triggering flowering, and re-veg.
Therefore any particular strain or individual might behave differently to others....

Unfortunately my timer was broken and so it was under 24hour light rather than 19/5 which might have affected my results.

Currently I reckon that most early flowering strains are difficult to re-veg, but I have seen a (Nepal x Royal Dane) which was extremely easy and quick to revert.
In my opinion it seems to be more about size/maturity than photoperiod.

bonghopper

Trying Hash Plant 2 this year. Took cuttings from preflowering/early flowering plants, under 24hrs still showing preflowers but not full flowering. What other strains have people had success with? Where can I get those Finnish strains people are talking about?

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
I once had trouble with bc bud god... Not even a semi auto, but it would never reveg after taking a clone off an outdoor plant later last summer right as they started to flower. All other strains revegged fine. It was a good plant too

bonghopper

Hash Plant 2 sativa pheno reveged well under 24hrs low light intensitity.
That was a mid september finisher for me, real potent & frosty.

What light hours are recommended indoors for nordic mothers to avoid early flowering in cutting taken from them?

Over how long should I bring the light hours down to the new cycle to avoid the mothers flowering?

So who's working on perennial weed :)

Henrik

First of, all the cuttings if I remember correctly reveg. Lost them due to moving...

Different strain now...
This winter in january I started seeds and grew some nice bushie moms. Took cuttings from them around two weeks ago. After that I made the (bucket sized) moms into bonsai moms with branch and root pruning. All went nicely expect two of the moms... They wanted to flower on me inn 10l pot too! And especially one of this I think could be a real keeper! (looking for something i can keep for awhile.. years....?)

What to do? In buckets i gave molasse and pruned of the flowering shoots, but now this one doesnt have so much growth anymore... help is appreciated, thanks in advanced.!