What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Organic Nutrients from General Hydroponics

B

Blue Dot

Many growers prefer to have a liquid that is more controllable than something mixed in to the soil.

Agreed. So what's stopping me from just adding dolo to my molasses?

As long as I can replicate GH's formulas (for cheap I may add) i will do so.

I cannot replicate GH''s "suspension" propritery way of making floranova a 1 part so I'll keep buying FN but there is no reason to buy their CaMg+ when it can be reversed engineered and "made" on the spot.

IOW, steal GH's ideas and save money. :)

They prolly got the "ideas" from US anyway.

i'm pretty sure I've read more than a few times that floranova was based almost exactly on Lucas's formula. At least it sure looks that way in the premix calculator spreadsheet. :)

D

dongle69

So what's stopping me from just adding dolo to my molasses?
I don't know.
What is stopping you from making a complete soil that requires nothing but water?
no reason to buy there CaMg+ when it can be reversed engineered and "made" on the spot.
IOW, steal GH's ideas and save money.

Is CaMg something that needs to be reverse engineered?
No secrets in there.
Lots of ways to get calcium and magnesium.
Convenience, time, and consistency are why someone would by it in a bottle.
That usually trumps money for me, but I don't ever use any cal mag other than what I get from the base nutrients I use.

*mistress*

Veteran
Agreed. So what's stopping me from just adding dolo to my molasses?

As long as I can replicate GH's formulas (for cheap I may add) i will do so.

I cannot replicate GH''s "suspension" propritery way of making floranova a 1 part so I'll keep buying FN but there is no reason to buy their CaMg+ when it can be reversed engineered and "made" on the spot.

IOW, steal GH's ideas and save money. :)

They prolly got the "ideas" from US anyway.

i'm pretty sure I've read more than a few times that floranova was based almost exactly on Lucas's formula. At least it sure looks that way in the premix calculator spreadsheet. :)
have ran entire season w/ only myco + molasses. it is doable. wholesome sweeteners best molasses found. specs in molasses, why & when thread.
plant success myco tabs. h202 + tap water. ph up/down vinegar + baking soda. black gold coco blend. contains peat moss, ew casting, coco + wetting agent.:
goal:pre-fertilized coco+water only
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=126834

enjoy your garden!

D

dongle69

i'm pretty sure I've read more than a few times that floranova was based almost exactly on Lucas's formula. At least it sure looks that way in the premix calculator spreadsheet.

FloraNova is based on MaxiBloom, with the addition of fulvic/humic acid.
MaxiBloom (92-121-215) came out way before Lucas.

D

dongle69

*WARNING!!!*

*This Is Not General Hydroponics and it is Total Crap! It is a bootleg company that is trying to play off the GH reputation. I am close freinds with the lady that owns the Hydro shop I buy from and she carried it for a while until she learned the truth on it. Don't buy it it's junk!*

*No offense intended to the original poster, I am sure he didn't know. *

What was that?

This pruduct does not work well with DWC or recirculation
Please give more details and share how you used it.
This stuff hasn't been out long enough to do a full run w/ veg.
What did you do?

J

JackKerouac

Please give more details and share how you used it.
This stuff hasn't been out long enough to do a full run w/ veg.
What did you do?

Sure it has. It can cause a bit of foaming from the bubbling in dwc or recirculating. A drop of dish soap or bio-marine makes it go away in just a second.

Big V said:
*WARNING!!!*

*This Is Not General Hydroponics and it is Total Crap! It is a bootleg company that is trying to play off the GH reputation. I am close freinds with the lady that owns the Hydro shop I buy from

Even if it were remotely close to true, your allegation is pure heresay. You don't know what you are talking about.

D

dongle69

GH told me the first product made available to anyone was 8 weeks ago, right about the time I received my freebies.
I guess with a super fast strain there would have been time for a tiny bit of veg and 7 weeks of flower.
As of last week, they still hadn't released some of the line.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
I just talked with them today about the new line on the phone and got the contact info directly off GH website??? Should I call back and ask if they are a bootleg company lol. I am more interested to see how this new line works in soil....what would u say bout it so far Dongle???

D

dongle69

Using outdoor in soil.
Works great for veggies.
I didn't have enough to test for my weed.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Using outdoor in soil.
Works great for veggies.
I didn't have enough to test for my weed.

Cool I guess when i get it in then ill give it a shot. Should be more than enuff to last me a cycle or 2 as i only run 10-15 plants at a time. Any of them that u think stand out more than others??? Btw if anyone is interested in obtaining some samples give them a call or email and more than likely they will hook u up for cost of S&H! later

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many growers prefer to have a liquid that is more controllable than something mixed in to the soil.

this is true, hence all the liquid products, and the low support for dry nutrients

dry nutes can be slow, fast , medium and everything in between.

I also believe most "growers" to be new age hence the images marketed, and the "organic dry nute" people to have been growing for ages or have had veggie garden for a long time...

Back when I was still working at a grow shop, my friend/coworker and I had a chance to test this stuff in unfinished form (summer of '08ish) -- GH sent us samples of their GO line while they were still testing it (all they let us test were the grow and bloom -- none of the other additives -- and they wouldn't tell us what was in them). We ran 'em in a coco recirculating drip system, to make sure they were recirculating and dripper compatible. We ran into calcium deficiencies (using RO water) -- and just added calcium nitrate to fix the problem, because we didn't have their CaMg+ to use. The veg and bloom worked OK, but nothing worth switching to. The biggest downside was huge pH swings (it skyrocketed overnight after we pH/topped off the res).

I'm curious to know how well the finished product line works, as I recently tried the General Organics CaMg+ supplement, and I f'ing love it. It doesn't lower my pH a shitload or have any calcium carbonate precipitate like other CaCO3 sol'ns that I've tried, it's pH-stable in my res, it gets along better with the other elements than Ca(NO3)2 -- and it doesn't have any nitrogen in it, which is essential if I have a calcium deficiency in flower.

onegreenday

Veteran
GO Ancient Forest

GO Ancient Forest

If you r making teas with the GO organic products you might want to add this Ancient Forest.

Wonder if Alaska's bacteria & microbes r
different than other places like Brazil
and Terra-preta soils r their microbes/bacteria different;

which r the superior mics/bact's????

AncientForest®
soil amendment
Ancient Forest is a natural product
consisting of 100% pure forest
humus. It is derived from thousands
of years of naturally decomposed
forest litter that contains a wide
spectrum of organic compounds.
An incredibly high diversity of
microorganisms, with more than
35,000 species of bacteria and over
5000 species of fungi, make Ancient
Forest an ideal amendment for
gardening and potting soils. Ancient
Forest also aids in the retention of
water and nutrients; creating stable,
long lasting soil for your garden.
The immense biological activity
also makes Ancient Forest the
ideal inoculum for actively aerated
compost teas.
available in:
1/2 Cubic ft bags

Edit: Might effect the bubbling & Ph swings; more stabilty
with some compost. I have not tried this yet though.

Dr. Feel Good

So has anyone actually made it through a round using this line yet?

I too am loving the calmag.
I'm mixing it with my pure blend pro and it has definitely made an improvement.
I also have the bloom, which I am trying sporadically, but i am concerned because it is producing lower ppms. I checked the bottle and compared the feeding instructions to pbp and it basically suggests using 50% more. Not impressed with that. That means it will cost a lot more.

Only thing is I can get it wholesale where as I can only get the pbp retail. So it may still be cheaper for me.

Bunz

I called GH a week ago, spoke w/ a sales rep and told him my friend had called inquiring about the new GO line and they hooked him up w/ free samples. I asked him how I could get in on this deal and he told me "Just pay the shipping charges and I'll send you some samples." Low & behold one week later (yesterday), there was a large box on my porch and upon opening it, found 8 quart bottle samples of the entire GO line. Gonna start using these per GO's schedule. Stay tuned................

Bunz :D

CaStoner

I just called him after recieving this email and I got all the GO line in quart sizes for about $15 bucks in shipping cost. He said he's been swamp by calls for free samples. Good thing too, I was shopping for some new fert's when I saw this.:thanks:

I just started flowering cycle yesterday will see how well the GO line (Bio Buds) works.

LEDGro

I should be getting a the full line from GH soon! Thanks for the tip, they seem like a cool company. I requested that they ship in a plain box, anyone have experience about their normal shipping boxes? Is it covered in "General Hydroponics"?