What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$2 pr grm

jocat

Now the market is going where I new it would...a bit sooner than a lot of folks predicted but that's where it's at..for a producer who is coming online in the next few months it will be tough to find markets for standard products & flower, time to get the thinking cap on & figure a new direction...I was breaking it all down in my head...if the retail store pays $2 & sells for $8 with a 17% tax...I think that works out to the state getting paid almost what the grower is getting...now figure the tax paid by the grower to both state & feds & the licensing fees the state collects....SNAFU...throw in some additional garden challenges...like living near other growers who don't keep it clean...or setting up with purchased diseased clones or better yet clones that have been poisoned...what started out as such a good thing..& the consumer still pays over $10 a gram.. the silver lining around this cloud of legality is the personnel garden..Oregon has 4 plants..not much but far better than nun. If your state is beginning this process towards "adult use" you should get involved & fight for home growing. without it it truly will become corporate cannabis.

green404

. If your state is beginning this process towards "adult use" you should get involved & fight for home growing. without it it truly will become corporate cannabis.

I have been watching the same thing with prices here in Colorado, they are plummeting. Smaller grows are not able to keep up. I think it will turn into what the rest of agriculture is=massive grows with small profit margins.

People will always protect their own financial profit.
Big corporations are already pushing to limit personal grows and people making a living off of illegal grows are trying to keep it illegal.

Personally I want people to be free to grow a plant and use a plant.

jocat

keep it real...green

keep it real...green

Ya the situation isn't gonna get better out west...the cannabis gypsies & pilgrims from the world are coming..who the fuck can blame them? i respect the peeps that love the plant...despise the money chasers....same old story really, & who's at fault...a bunch of miscreants that don't respect...don't have a relationship with the plant or it's effects...smoke first then plan then act... when you let the govment dictate the rules your fucked..

Sign

I never made a dime from weed and never wanted to participate in the market of it.

Legal grows are all I ever wanted and never thought to have, these are awesome times for some of us.

Of course big agro is going to take it over, it's happened like that for every crop they couldn't just outsource to a brown country for pennies on the dollar. Sucks for the old school big farmers with "only" a couple hundred acres that just simply can't compete. But that's globalism... Can't fight globalism or capitalism. And who would want to anyway, right goy?

spazspaz

the personnel garden..far better than nun.

"And every gimmick hungry yob digging gold from rock & roll
Grabs the mic to tell us he'll die before he's sold
But I believe in this and it's been tested by research
He who f*cks nuns will later join the church"

From: "Death or Glory," the Clash. (Lyrics approx. verbatim, thanks to google)

jocat

weed dumping

weed dumping

Several stores Iv'e been working with have been telling me about the weed dumpers coming through....growers who took on a bit more than they can sustain I spose. there going under & fucking the rest of the growers on there way out the door....& the state just can't wait to give everybody with $ a permit to grow some more...$2 a gram is gonna be bye bye in the rear view real soon..they want my love/life/work for a pittance. @ $2 pr gram to the store/ they add $4-6 then the state taxes @ 17% on ten that's almost what the grower gets....are you starting to understand legal weed? kinda like someone saying Fuck You Idiot.

green404

Several stores Iv'e been working with have been telling me about the weed dumpers coming through....growers who took on a bit more than they can sustain I spose. there going under & fucking the rest of the growers on there way out the door....& the state just can't wait to give everybody with $ a permit to grow some more...$2 a gram is gonna be bye bye in the rear view real soon..they want my love/life/work for a pittance. @ $2 pr gram to the store/ they add $4-6 then the state taxes @ 17% on ten that's almost what the grower gets....are you starting to understand legal weed? kinda like someone saying Fuck You Idiot.

Personally I have the same feeling many do, just legalize it and fight the taxes and other details later.

Prices have been inflated because it was illegal. People made money from taking legal risk. That game is over and now. The easy money is gone and not coming back. If people want to make easy contraband money they need to switch substances or products.

Their will always be a market for “organic”, boutique, “home made” etc. But now people will have to make a real business and have a competitive model. The days of growing a few plants and selling $90.1/4s are gone. and go riddance..

jocat

I know weed has been over priced for a long time, but the consumer is not necessarily benefiting, alot of people who see the opportunity in terms of $ alone are missing the point also, I know the cheapie grams at the stores are just that..I also believe the plant belongs to the people not corporate/government greed weed. Home grow laws are a must. & running a decent size grow is fuckin work, Oh it's a great job.. it's a commitment & like cows/chickens/farming means busy busy busy every fuckin day..when I ran a contracting company I made more in less time than weed growing, of course it was much more physically demanding..

nickman

Veteran
All I want to be able to do is grow my herb and not have to worry about the door getting kicked in...!!!... I could really care less about making any money selling weed...

green404

Home grow laws are a must.

yep, everyone should have the right to grow cannabis just like they can grow tomatoes(or any other common plant).

& running a decent size grow is fuckin work, Oh it's a great job.. it's a commitment & like cows/chickens/farming means busy busy busy every fuckin day..when I ran a contracting company I made more in less time than weed growing, of course it was much more physically demanding..

I agree, I grew up around agriculture, it is hard work and is stressful if you are the owner or manager.

Managing a large grow is a full time hard stressful job. I see ads from people with no clue wanting to hire a grow ops managers to manage a grow, compliance, retail, HR,basically 3-4 jobs for chump change.
I could save them a lot of money by telling them they will fail.

jocat

So true, I hear from the lab receptionist every month I go in for product testing....another laughable debacle...its either pure & yummy or it ain't..she fields calls from all over the world from peeps interested in becoming either rich or dedicated....mostly rich I'm sure...it's a weird time but I do feel very grateful to have been around long enough to see it & laugh...I remember the vidy rentals back in the day it was all local till the blockbuster model swept it away...fight to keep it the peoples plant. johnny appleseed is my hero.

PDX Dopesmoker

So true, I hear from the lab receptionist every month I go in for product testing....another laughable debacle...its either pure & yummy or it ain't..she fields calls from all over the world from peeps interested in becoming either rich or dedicated....mostly rich I'm sure...it's a weird time but I do feel very grateful to have been around long enough to see it & laugh...I remember the vidy rentals back in the day it was all local till the blockbuster model swept it away...fight to keep it the peoples plant. johnny appleseed is my hero.

Movie Madness is still open on the east side of Portland, some people still managed to make big money by providing a better service than Blockbuster did. Netflix hasn't run them out of business either. It is definitely a niche operation though, takes a city with a 7 figure population to keep one local movie rental specialty shop in business.

jocat

they must rent DVD's... surely it can't be VHS...If I lived in stumptown east i would rent a vid from them & smoke homegrown while I watched tonight

purplepistil

Movie Madness is still open on the east side of Portland, some people still managed to make big money by providing a better service than Blockbuster did. Netflix hasn't run them out of business either. It is definitely a niche operation though, takes a city with a 7 figure population to keep one local movie rental specialty shop in business.

the reel hollywood video is in its 32nd year here in McMinnville, pop 33,000. customer service, nostalgia, and a healthy appreciation for local business has keep the doors open. rock on

Good weed is still 60 an 8th though. Dont know why everyone is complaining about the price drop.. Oh... Because they were growing weed worth 2 bucks a gram instead of 10.. Low quality might have been worth something back in the day, when it was all weed and neighborhood A had different standards than neighborhood B. Not any more. I for one am glad that low price shit is everywhere. It makes life easier for us closet growers who don't mind driving to gated neighborhoods rather than the hipster huts.

troutman

Seed Whore
If people stop buying weed that is sprayed with pesticides, herbicides, etc.

It will force commercial growers to think more on quality than quantity.

As for the prices, I think it will go down even more when bigger grows go online.

OregonBorn

You can buy good weed for $15 an eighth. Shop around! At $1,000 a pound that is $2.23 wholesale per gram or $7.81 per eighth. $5 grams are common here now in Portland. I grow my own and only buy now and then to compare or to try new strains. Or in rare cases seeded weed! Old school... back in the day all weed had seeds.

Funny that no one complains about the black market rip offs or dirt weed of yesteryear. Or sky high prices for Emerald Triangle weed that commercial growers are now replacing at 1/10th the price. It is also all tested now. Before??? A crap shoot. You want high % THC weed? Its right there on the label to see before you buy. Give people what they want (good cheap weed and a lot of it) and they still bytch about it.

Medfinder

Chemon 91

socal collective i went to... 10 dollars for 3.6 of pineapple sativa plus 1.16 in taxes.
thca was 21 percent and was less than 1 percent cbd from their testing according to label ... whatever that means?

picture.php

picture.php

after seeing huge warehouse grows and huge cannabis company's popping up all over and oz's delivered for 99 dollars.....

I myself am breeding strains looking for the next 34-37 percent thc strain.

and hoping to find that diamond in the ruff.