What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

God dammit, I wish we could just take a quick vacation...Don't you?

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Don't you hate it when you want to take a quick vacation, and you realize it'll take you at least half a year to set aside the cash you'd need to do it? Maybe longer? Ok, maybe that doesn't bug anyone. But it's damn sure bound to bug anyone when they start doing the prelim looking around.

:cuss:

I got that friggin' vacationer's bug up my hind end, and decided to browse around the B&B's and Inns and such in Key West, and although most of what I've come across is actually affordable (surprisingly) it's just not doable til at least August or September.....
We'll probably end up going down to Key West for our anniversary in the summer.....Kinda why I'm browsing around anyway, I need to get the prices approximated so we can start saving.

Oh, yeah, before I forget, a quick get-away's not entirely out of the question---we might be heading over to Scotland for Christmas '07
:D
My sister-in-law has a sister & neices and nephews in Scotland, we might be visiting them at the end of the year. They came over back in September after my sister-in-law's dad died, for his funeral. My sister-in-law said they liked us enough to want us to go over there for a visit, "Hey, guess what? We--you, me and Wolf and your brother--just might be spending Christmas in Scotland next year! My sister & her family really liked you guys, they want us all to come visit! Don't worry about paying for the tickets, we'll take care of that. So plan on going!"
:D
Excellent

Anyone else making any vacation plans, or gearing up for a vacation?

Last edited:

ChaoticEntity

wish I could take a break, between college and work I wont get a vacation till 09' then I think I'm going to take a month off at least!

G

It's -40 f. here tonight. My well-insulated, fur-covered m'loot is shivering like an old man with a bad fever, and sometime late tomorrow morning the Sun's gonna rise for all of about 4 hours ( a bit longer now, but not much ).....

Yeah, a coupla' weeks in the Nethelands, or Jamaica, or Coasta Rica, or Guatamala, or Nepal, or New Zealand, or..... Hell, Austin, Texas for-that- matter.... or a large card-board box behind a Safeway store somewhere in Arizona even.... I don't even necessarily need a rental car. Public transportation is good...

moose eater

ChaoticEntity

I couldn't live in a place with that little light! At least in the summer you can go fishing at 2AM and the sun is still up!

G

With enough bug repellent or mosquito netting, all things are possible. I don't use bug dope but once or twice a year, due to my beliefs about deet, and things that you put on your hands that make plastic items melt when you pick them up. But thick clothing and being anesthetized has also worked in my case. The skeeters follow carbon dioxide trails.. I've found that if I hold my breath....... ;^>).

moose eater

G

A vacation in Scotland...that's tight, I'de love to do that...LUCKY!

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I'd just like to be off work for a week or two, don't need to go antwhere! Heheh.

ha i know the feeling... latly all I can think about is going anywhere... taking a trip and getting away from everything.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Oh man i could use some sun..the three months of shitty ski weather we call summer here just does not cut it anymore. I cant live in a damn box for the rest of my life..

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm headed down to Tn/NC border this spring for some fishing, and next christmas will probably be my first trip to europe (visiting friends in Prague). I may have to stop into the Dam on the way there ;)

M

Mr. Nevermind

Im doin Jamaica in April and the middle of August. May do a NYC trip in the fall and also will more than likely go to Portland , OR to see my best friend.

I cant go a year without a vacation. The world is pretty big and not getting to see any of it besides where you reside is a waste of that year to me.

Dont wish, do. People would be surprised how easy and afforable a nice vacation is on the bank account. Its easy to afford vacations, peopl ejust waste their money on dumb shit that gives them an Ok time instead of saving for something that is a good time

Nevermind

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
Dont go to key west. I suggest staying in key largo which is a little north of there. Not as expensive and has nicer beaches. Not as touristy either. I myself would really like to plan a trip to the netherlands. Or EU in general.

Last edited:
G

There is a reason they call it taking a vacation. You have to TAKE it!
If money is an issue the "Nillie" family just stays at the motel 6 for the weekend.
Vacation= someone else cleaning up YOUR shit!

TAKE it!

Willie hopes all your vacations, do the trick! :sasmokin:

SalParadise

Travel seems to be everything to me, and there really isn't much that I won't sacrifice to make it happen. I about emptied the bank account yesterday to pay for a getaway, and you can bet that I'll do it again before we see March. Its what keeps me sane 'cause I just can't seem to stay in one spot for very long without getting seriously stir-crazy! Its probably not the most economically efficient way of life, but it what keeps me happy.

NOKUY

Veteran
I'll be goin to N. Saskatchewan (Reindeer Lake and Lac LaRonge area) on a fly in to a friends lodge first week of June for the Pre-Spawn Trophy Northern Pike, Funnest fishing in the world (just after ice out), and a spring Black Bear hunt.

I'll also be talking to them about their need for a "winter caretaker" a position they want me to consider coming out for from around halloween until mid may, and could stay on all year to help run things during the busy season.....could be my ticket out of the fukin' "Rat Race".

large.jpg

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Nokuy, I've got a couple of Canadian travel mags, one detailing nothing but Yukon----good lord, looking at that red landscape makes me want to do nothing but just go on a month-long hike across Yukon, to see that gorgeous color up front and in person :D
Canada's fuckin' beautiful, I'd love to see somewhere outside of lower Ontario---I've been to Kitchner, Woodstock, London, and a couple of other little towns in that area......I'd really like to see the whole country someday, including the Arctic north :joint:

And as for Scotland later this year, we're currently trying to figure out if we can afford to set aside for travel from Scotland over to A-dam---Wolf wants to take a train there, and I'm all for it :D

First and foremost, before ANY trips are actually set in stone (so to speak), we need to get our friggin' passports reinstated...Mine expired 5 or 6 years ago, his, maybe 3 or 4 years ago....

Edit: Ok, 4 god damn typo fix edits already---Yeah, I'm doing real good tonight. :cuss:

Last edited:

naga_sadu

Yea, sometimes a call for a break is way strong. But luckily, air travel is WAY cheaper and more convenient than it was when I was in my younger days. You can get a tix w/ a few mouse clicks, whereas back in the 70s & 80s, we had to wait for a year or 2 in queue just to get an airline ticket (esp. international).

If I'm on a budget tho, a handy ol' tent, some mosquito repellent and a motorbike (ideally 250cc+) is all I need for taking a break.

G

I may not have as stressful lives as some of you, but I find that just getting out totally in wilderness to be completely restoring. Even 4 hours in wilderness gives me some sort of change of consciousness... I actually forget about the "city". Thats pretty cool for just 4 hours. So, if any of you are really yearning to have a vacation... just go camping outside somewhere for a weekend. You'll feel refreshed when you return, at least until you go on your real vacation.