What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dab rigs for hash?

organik40

This may be a topic for the smoking device forum, but here goes.

After making this wonderful kief and pressing it into hash, what is the best way to get a full flavor profile while smoking?

from what I’ve read, the dab rigs seem to be the best option. Any suggestions?

I have a bong that I can put flowers in and then touch it up with some hash on top, but I really want to get the pure hash buzz.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's somewhat of an overlap between high quality hashes, rosin and chemical extracts.
The dab rigs are needed when you have something that goes runny when warmed (the better the quality the more you'll see that).
That being said, you can absolute smoke full melt in a quartz banger, but the more in the direction of regular hash you move, the more plant matter will still be in it and that stuff cakes into your banger big time and have fun cleaning them.
For full melt/ bubble kief/drysift I'd use a super fine screen on a regular bong or pipe or one of the oil steel wool pillows if you're using a vaporizers.
Best
CC

Mr. J

Regular bong with a fine screen. Throw a chunk on there and gently kiss it with a flame until it melts into a puddle and starts boiling away. When the good stuff is done boiling off, whatever is left will begin to burn and smoke. You don't want to inhale that shit on its own, it's nasty. Use a clean screen for every hit. If you're low on screens you can take out the screens and torch the gunk off and you'll get a few uses out of each.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
the key is low temps...
and you can happily dab water hash.

every banger is different, but for mine a good time is
1min 35secs of cool down time for oily greasy water hash hits that don’t burn in the banger.

you want the banger looking like an oil slick versus being all burnt when you’ve taken your dab

it’ll take trial and error on your part, but once you figure it out be sure to keep notes of your findings for future use

prune

Veteran
We used to just add a bowl to the dab rig and place a match head of vacuum dried bubble on a dirty screen. When you were good with a lighter, the pile would just vanish slowly as each trichome head heated, vaporized and disappeared. Very amazing, very good - hope you have some loose kief leftover...

scott16Z

Marilami, cmon, you wanna say that you don't know how to smoke without a dab rig? You can visit this site to read some basic examples of how to smoke wax without any specific rig. I found it's pretty helpful when my old stuff got broken, and even when I've got a new one - for nowadays I still can use bowl or a vape pen for it.