What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRSC Mazar i shariff

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Feel free to share your impressions and reports, mine was luckily excellent 10 years ago with the first import.

(A strawberry specimen found, preserved and IBL, 1x1 at start).

Peace

Sign

I absolutely adore it. I had a durian smelling girl last that I kept going for a bit. It's divine. My stock is from their second grow out I think. The first generation all hermied inside but not outside. Ever after never hermied inside again. Maybe got used to the light or maybe I screwed something up on the initial grow out. I dunno.

It's my favorite so far of everything I've tried. Admittedly I haven't tried nearly as many strains as most people probably have here though but either way I really really like it. I've been smoking the one cut almost exclusively every day for a couple years, unfortunately I don't have the cut anymore but I don't think I'll have to try too hard to find another one like it from the seed I made when next I start getting low.

I always give big bags of my other grows away to family whenever they visit but this one I don't give out.

ngakpa

Veteran
We should have a new Mazar-i-Sharif accession from 2020 harvest

We got a new Mazar-i-Sharif this year too, but then some moron mixed it together with the accessions from Badakshan and Kunduz

The seeds are available, but as a Mix

oh no on the Badakshan and Konduz, I've been wanting some RSC from Badakshan and Kunduz. I've wondering if there are any genetics just north of the Afghan border in Tajikistan.

If enough people buy that North Afghan mix, grow it out and document it, I bet we could figure out the genetics. If there are only 3 options. Also maybe that mix has a higher number of the Mazar, Badakshan or Kunduz or a low number of one of them would help us determine the likely source. I'm tempted to buy the mix, but yeah I would like to know which one I'm growing.

Plantguy

If enough people buy that North Afghan mix, grow it out and document it, I bet we could figure out the genetics. If there are only 3 options. Also maybe that mix has a higher number of the Mazar, Badakshan or Kunduz or a low number of one of them would help us determine the likely source. I'm tempted to buy the mix, but yeah I would like to know which one I'm growing.

This offering does open up some fun possibilities!
I was wondering if you grew enough of the mix and open pollinated, whether it would just be a Central Asian cultivar in origin with broad diversity and lots of chances to find some something special.

Plantguy

How is this strain for stealth. I've got some sizing up outside but their only home is where odor is a serious concern. I'm thinking of taking them inside to 12 hr before needing uppotted. They're in 5gal at present. Stem rub and grow odor of 12 together are almost unnoticeable. Thanks

Plantguy, are you growing the RSC Mazar? Did you flower them out? What year were the seeds harvested? I have 29 Afghan Mix, I plan on growing them all out at once but don't have the space this year so may have to wait until next year. I plan to keep a male and female and cross them to keep the landrace pure. I plan to do a pheno hunt, but I may increase the numbers of north Afghan landraces if I find the right space (I have friends with legal grows and they let me grow in their space, but it is hard to convince them to do landraces for market). I usually have to give away to friends that are doing smaller grows with not enough plants, making phenos hunts difficult. I also take clones early as I can and flower out the clones to determine what mother I want to pollinate.

Majo

Veteran
Plantguy, are you growing the RSC Mazar? Did you flower them out? What year were the seeds harvested? I have 29 Afghan Mix, I plan on growing them all out at once but don't have the space this year so may have to wait until next year. I plan to keep a male and female and cross them to keep the landrace pure. I plan to do a pheno hunt, but I may increase the numbers of north Afghan landraces if I find the right space (I have friends with legal grows and they let me grow in their space, but it is hard to convince them to do landraces for market). I usually have to give away to friends that are doing smaller grows with not enough plants, making phenos hunts difficult. I also take clones early as I can and flower out the clones to determine what mother I want to pollinate.
I'm doing the last mazar from TRSC and also a plant from the Afghan mix.

My Mazar is a bunchy sativa plant, really vigourous and turning purple little by little (with pink pistils of course!). The Afghan mix plant is much more sativa, I think they're goin to finish in 3/4 weeks at least... I hope to leave them there for 2 more weeks.

I'll post some pics before harvesting

Popey

Veteran
I wanted to ask what is the difference between MiS RSC and other Mazars available on the market? I understand that this is a more wild strain with multiple phenotypes?

thedudefresco

picture.php

Mazar i sharif from rsc in foreground

Last edited:

meizzwang

Very nice the dudefresco! Does your plant seem like it's almost finished, or is it perpetually filling in/taking forever to flower?

Here's mine from years ago, it was surprisingly very mold resistant and took forever to finish! It just kept getting thicker and thicker and thicker! Harvested Nov. 13th, and it got rained on many times:
37765369192_e9604167e6_c.jpg

37765368952_1614809787_c.jpg

38020122222_64e408de69_c.jpg

26625767349_0fdd6311a7_c.jpg

38605319641_b9e5cee395_c.jpg

thedudefresco

Hi Meizzwang,

This grow was from last year, and I believe I harvested twice. Once mid october, and again mid november. I think I preferred the early cut potency wise, but appreciated a more developed scent with the later harvest.

I had two phenos, one with dense colas, and another with more singular nugs along the branch. The latter had very little trichome coverage, but lost all of its leaves during senescence really quickly, and produced male flowers which never really pushed pollen or burst (nearby plants were not seeded) Was very interesting. I wish I saved a cut of it, no trimming was necessary. But potency was down there.

The colas you see did seem to take a while to fill in, Mold resistance was pretty good but I did get some botrytis on two colas which were harvested in november. No biggie though, she yielded huge.

I didnt do any training except for some "supercropping" to push branches into a more sunlight friendly zone. Easy pound plus per plant.

Kumaoni was my favorite though. I wouldn't grow the mazar again, but I would grow the kumaoni. Was NIIIICE!

thedudefresco

Very nice the dudefresco! Does your plant seem like it's almost finished, or is it perpetually filling in/taking forever to flower?

Here's mine from years ago, it was surprisingly very mold resistant and took forever to finish! It just kept getting thicker and thicker and thicker! Harvested Nov. 13th, and it got rained on many times:
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

mine was also rained on!

When you smoked yours did it pop a bit? I noticed mine doing this and believe it to be because of male pollen produced deep within the colas. Both of mine threw out nanners! The longer the cure on this, the better it got. The popping lessened, but was still there to an extent.

Nice plants, btw. The veg photo looked like mine!

ngakpa

Veteran
I wanted to ask what is the difference between MiS RSC and other Mazars available on the market? I understand that this is a more wild strain with multiple phenotypes?

our Mazar-i-Sharif is a real landrace

it's the plant Afghans themselves call Mazar-i-Sharif or Mazari

Plantguy

Trac mazari is easy to grow and yields well. Everything said about it is true from my experience. Sweet bubblegum aroma and mold resistant. Wow!
Some were too heavy in aroma so they came inside. Others finishing outside with a sweet aroma but not heavy distinguishing aroma

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_151447.jpg
    IMG_20201030_151447.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20201030_152218.jpg
    IMG_20201030_152218.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20201030_152158.jpg
    IMG_20201030_152158.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 78

Majo

Veteran
Mazar-i-sharif & Afghan Mix

Mazar-i-sharif & Afghan Mix

As promised some pictures of the ladies. I think they are almost ready, I'd love to wait 2 more weeks but seems almost impossible at 44°.

The mazari is growing on a 35L pot, living soil no till tecnique. I already did some palnts in the same pot/same setup (outdoor 100% organic) and I never had the same result in terms of size.

Mazar-i-sharif is a real deal if you want to grow something unique. I did many different varieties in the past, tropical sativas of course and also many indicas from pakistan but I never experienced something like growing an afghanista.

I thought she could eat a bit less but at the end I had to feed her before flowering with some sea bird and bat guano. The smell now is beetween fruit/tropical fruit and old school hash.
I'm sure that if I wait a bit more I can yield more but I'm also afraid of losing the "happyness effect".

This pheno was showing pink pistils since the start of flowering (end of August) and you can expect also red/purple buds or leaves if temperature goes below 5°.

I'm really curious to smoke her but I'm going to wait many many weeks for a proper cure.

picture.php

Majo

Veteran
And this is the Afghan mix plant.

picture.php

She is really REALLY sativa!!! I planted her 3 weeks after the Mazar (first week of June) but she stayed in a 50L pot with a homemade supersoil in it.
I couldn't find many things that here where I stay are hard to find but I tried my best. Also in this case the soil mix at the end was a bit too light so I added a bit of guano even here.

I don't know which kind of genetic is this. Probably north part of Afghanistan?
She doesn't look similar to my Mazari but she started to do purple buds after 4 weeks of bloom.

The smell here is much stronger, a bit skunky but completely different from the hybrids smell.
I'm sure also that THC% is higher, very resinous and less mold resistancy than Mazari strains.
It was my first time with TRSC gear and the only thing I can say is that I will run again something from them in the future. 100% guaranteed. I never had thiese beautiful colours.

MIS: 4/5 seeds sprouted 3 males 1 female
Afghan Mix 5/6 seeds sprouted 3 males 2 females (i kept only one because the other one was super freak)

My only hope is to find some spiritual high with them :hotbounce