What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st attempt at bubble hash.. Winning

zifozonke

my only advice... ditch the 25micron bag... takes too f...ing long to drain, and u get very little at the end ... 73 and 120 is a better product

Nooo....dont ditch it!!
Of course the 73-120 is the best-but depending on what strain you running some decent product can still be had in the 25-even if only used for (m)edibles/giving out to mates or simply stashing for when times are dry- its better than going down the drain

Take your left over water after running thru main bags
Leave to settle in tub/bucket for half hour or so
Now gently tip bucket to empty out most of water watching closly near the end
Once you see the hash with a little water at the bottom stop.
Pour into 25 bag
Not much waiting-give a quick tug up/down to help water out...

You may sometimes be suprised what you get..
Specially with sativa strains...:biggrin:

nickman

Veteran
It’s been so long since I’ve made some bubble...

I remember doing it different ways... using a cake batter mixer was easier but if you use a wooden spoon and mix it by hand you won’t get as much broken trichomes...

Just something I noticed...!!!...

When that shit melts and bubbles you did it good ...!!!...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I got better yields when I tried the dry ice method instead of the ice water. Didn't have to let the kief dry out either.
picture.php
picture.php

RGG

Ya I've got a little bit in the freezer from an autoflower I did in the back yard this summer. I won't waste anything anymore lol.

The skywalker kush I used to make this didnt look like it would yield much. There was not a lot of trichs and it wasn't very sticky but it still put out. You may be surprised by what you have.

I kick myself now because over the last decade I've been growing I've thrown out so much useful bits. I used to leave all my popcorn on the stalks and throw it in the river with all my trim. What a waste.

i try to waste as little as possible, i went though a stage of using almost everything i make butter with all the stalks came out quite mild which was nice for day time eating but to much effort in the end.

I'll get the bags out next weekend see what she wants to give.

horrible to think about all the waste over the years too.

GGNo2

I used a long wooden pole and stood with the bucket between my feet. It made Stiring the water so much easier.
I didn't use too much ice, just enough to get the water down to a certain temperature (can't remember to off top of my head)
Then I added the frozen trim and gently stirred changing directions every 30 seconds or so for 5 mins. Them let it settle for a few mins and began lifting bags.
Then repeated same process just adding some ice if needed.

My mate did it with dry trim, used loads of ice and a paint mixer so it smashed it about. His hash was darker, more solid and didn't bubble. I did tell him to freeze his fresh trim but he didn't listen.

I had a look at that dry ice but the bubblebags though more effort seemed easier to me but that is some nice return.

The ice hash I made did indeed bubble even after I mixed all 3 grades together. It stayed pretty soft too like a squidgy hash, a nice light brown.
Probably beginners luck but I did spend a few hours reading about the process and watched a few videos. I hope to have as good as results with the next lot I make in the new year.

LostTribe

Premium user
I got better yields when I tried the dry ice method instead of the ice water. Didn't have to let the kief dry out either.
View Image View Image

I stumbled upon an old stash of bubble hash the other day and been enjoying it.

So after you posted that I decided to do a little looking around for info on dry ice hash. Well I just ran a quick batch and when I say quick it only took less than an hour to do 2 batches.

I used old buds:
-BubbaKush 28grams dry bud yeilded 4.3 grams on 1 run with the 220 micron bag I was impressed.

-New99 52grams dry bud yielded 15 grams HOLY SHIT!!!!!didn't bother to de stem this batch added a bit more dry ice I did about 2 gr on the 73 micron bag then quickly switched over to the 220 to finish it off. I did swirl the mix for 5 minutes prior to the 73 bag. DAMN!!!!

I can't imagine every wasting my time running bubble ever again. Dry Ice was super quick and way too easy. Just need a way to press it now.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I stumbled upon an old stash of bubble hash the other day and been enjoying it.

So after you posted that I decided to do a little looking around for info on dry ice hash. Well I just ran a quick batch and when I say quick it only took less than an hour to do 2 batches.

I used old buds:
-BubbaKush 28grams dry bud yeilded 4.3 grams on 1 run with the 220 micron bag I was impressed.

-New99 52grams dry bud yielded 15 grams HOLY SHIT!!!!!didn't bother to de stem this batch added a bit more dry ice I did about 2 gr on the 73 micron bag then quickly switched over to the 220 to finish it off. I did swirl the mix for 5 minutes prior to the 73 bag. DAMN!!!!

I can't imagine every wasting my time running bubble ever again. Dry Ice was super quick and way too easy. Just need a way to press it now.
I'm glad somebody else found it super easy :D To compress mine I got a copper tube from the hardware store and a wooden dowel that fits inside, I covered the end in saran wrap and just pound the hell out of it with a dowel. Coulda swore I got pics someplace, but just can't find them. I will make sure and get some the next time here.:tiphat:

MarDog

dude you're in for such a tasty treat in that....you'll have to learn the "lighter tease" method of barely touching that jam mmmmmm

methias

Way to go.
Nice looking product you came up with.

I've been prepping to try and make some myself soon. I got 5 1 gallon bags that are all mesh. Not just the bottom. Cheap at Amazon. My catching rig is nothing special. Bucket, bag, Bucket, bag,,,,,.

My mixing bucket works with a small line voltage water pump with suction cups on the bottom. I wrapped it with foam as a filter and directed the output to create a jet of water that spins and mixes the contents and gently washes the trikes off the plant. The drain line pulls from the center bottom where the heavy trikes sink.
I hope. .

Pics
Pump with foam, water motion test, detail of the start of the drain, inside assembly, and outside drain line.

Right now I am waiting for harvest time to try this one out.

Flushed Judy 7 days ago and she's been on PH2O ever since.

Vape on kids

Latest posts

Latest posts