What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP???? w/ Lumatek Digital ballast

NOKUY

Veteran
my ballast seems to be out of order.

it's a purple 600 watt 120 volt

it's not dim-able (looks like mfg date is 07-01-2001)

i grabbed a new bulb today thinking it was another "quik to burn out hortilux" (i know these two don't belong together)

.....anyway the new bulb didn't fire....so now im trouble shooting the ballast.

i think i may have messed something up when i was fucking w/ the houses main power the other day, but the lights were off so i didn't think about possibly messing up anything.

are there any serviceable parts inside the thing before i open it up?...any fuses in there or ...:dunno:

in the event that i have to get it fixed to shops ever offer a "loaner ballast"?

thanks for any help :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
also...i'm gonna be out of town the next cpl days so i threw a small desk lamp in there so the light cycle doesn't get messed up, and they at least "see" some light even tho it wont benefit them much....just to keep them from getting confused....is that the right idea, or should i just leave the lights off for those days, and get them back on track when i return (1 month into flower)

I

Iron_Lion

HELP???? w/ Lumatek Digital ballast

Some of them do have a fuse, but otherwise there is nothing on the inside you can fix your self. They're not like magnetics where every part is serviceable these are electronics, if it's not the fuse its trash.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
thought you lost the Den.......sound's like it's ran it's time w/cha'.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

having light to continue the cycle makes sense but if it's way short on lumens expect your plants to stretch like a mofo trying to absorb more light.

Run to a HomeDepot or something & buy a 500watt CFL (135 watt draw) outdoor light fixture. $25-30, a quick fix.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm really confused here. You're a multi millionaire and you're worried about cobbing an antique hundred dollar ballast?

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I'm really confused here. You're a multi millionaire and you're worried about cobbing an antique hundred dollar ballast?

Lol. New found money. Give him a couple of months and he'll be making it rain at the local hydro store.

NOKUY

Veteran

me being out of town is regarding that.

this is last min. ballast issue, im trying to not fuck up my plants while im gone.

i have a bunch of smaller watt hps lamps in cooltubes, all w/ magnetic ballasts....no time to rig something up or i would

nukklehead

Just my opinion but if you got 8-10 years from that thing let it go into the next world... It has served you well.. of course Im a mag man and if it were so could "fix it" for ya... Go get a new lumi or quantum shes seen her better days:angelshug:

NOKUY

Veteran
it was the fuse.

...errr it was the fuse.....then the fuse again.....(used the spare in the ballast)

...then called literally 30 places today and went to 4...to get a fuse....no one had one the right size (10a/250v) midget glass thing......errrrr

finally got two for free (minus a 2 hour drive)....but blew both out right off the bat.

i changed outlets and power strips the 1st time...then got rid of the timer...fuse still blew.

gonna get a phantom 600 tomorrow....

AND GONNA POST PICS OF BLOCKHEAD AND SOUR DIESEL AFTER ALMOST 2 WEEKS OF NO REAL LIGHT STARTING AT 3 WEEKS FLOWER

.....lots of lime green on the new growth...crazy