What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feds are in Colorado and busting legit medical growers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hey all... bad news.

I'm posting this in the toker's den in hopes that the largest number of folks hear about this.

I've noticed a few threads pointing out increased fed or at least LE activity in a few states. Turns out the feds are in Colorado for sure.

They busted a grower the other day... medical patient/provider with all requisite paperwork. This seems to have been treated as a straight up drug-bust. 6" plants considered a lb and charged accordingly, plants weighed with soil... etc. etc..

The details are still sketchy but as far as is known they weren't located near any prohibited areas like a school or anything.

The feds bought(edit: Stole 7,000 free local papers) up all the papers in Breckenridge that had the article in it.... watch your ass if you're a legit or non-legit grower in colorado.

I see this as the beginning of a federal crackdown on people using the differing states medical laws. It's a total "F-U" to the patients and states and all hinges on their "Fed trumps State" delusional line of reasoning.

STAY SAFE!

Last edited:

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Scary news indeed.. I wonder if there was anything besides ganja that made them choose this grower

streetslang

even if the feds did buy up all the papers in summit county, itd still be on thier website. couldnt find anything about any of this, at this point im calling bs, i think someone just relized that colorado mmj is still federally illeagal. lol

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the cops bought up every paper to keep this on the down low? Did they buy up all the internet providers too?

L

longearedfriend

why would someone bs about that ?

to instill fear/paranoia ?

to jack up prices ?

to discourage people from growing ?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The city is Breckenridge....

The feds stole 7,000 copies of the local 'free' paper.

Sorry, they didn't 'buy' them.

This person was described as a "personal friend" of theirs... so I'm taking the info for fact at the moment.

TheCatsMeow

The city is Breckenridge....

The feds stole 7,000 copies of the local 'free' paper.

Sorry, they didn't 'buy' them.

This person was described as a "personal friend" of theirs... so I'm taking the info for fact at the moment.

what is your source?

who is a personal friend of who??

intotheunknown

Veteran
Scary news indeed.. I wonder if there was anything besides ganja that made them choose this grower

that had to have been the case... the feds just dont go out there busting random people off their lists... that would be foolish. something obviously led them to the dude...many ingredients go into the recipe for busted.

you know, maybe the guy abusing his so called "rights" as a "caregiver" selling/telling, etc to the wrong people? etc etc

people are way too open about it now that its "legal" and some just take it too far. (i know a few of these)

loose lips, do in fact still sink ships.
stay smart people.

Adrift

Veteran
dammmn, thanks for the link maj.

crazyness!!! they def where going a little to hard for there own good i would say,
we aren't invincible ppl! be smart!

happy vibes :)

L

longearedfriend

file.php

E

el dub

LOL The pic above is apt, imo, as our gubmit has more or less been attempting to heard cats with the WOD......

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19829147
BRIGHTON — Authorities today unsealed the indictment against 16 people accused of being part of a wide-ranging marijuana-distribution ring that investigators took down Wednesday.

The suspects are charged with 69 counts ranging from marijuana distribution and conspiracy to money laundering and violations of the Colorado Organized Crime and Control Act. On at least five separate occasions between September and January, the ring is accused of having distributed more than 5 pounds of marijuana, according to the indictment. In at least one instance — an August shipment to New Jersey — the ring is accused of sending pot through the mail. In another instance, in September, members of the ring are accused of distributing 20 pounds of marijuana to Kearney, Neb.

there is this...

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
NONE BELONGS IN JAIL FOR MARIJUANA. EVER.

Dont be sitting on icmag saying "oh well hes dumb, he sold to the wrong guy, I'd never do that" and then expect someone to care about you when the feds decide to pinch you. ALL MED patients are in violation of federal law, and as such can be taken down at any time.

FEDERAL DECRIMINALIZATION is the only way. Support HR 2306, even if you wont vote for the bills sponsor.

EDIT-Also, leo often withholds press releases of busts if they are part of an ongoing investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.