What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
damn i just find out about this the day after it starts. so was yesterday the day to start popping seeds or the day to put them in soil?

im gonna join in and put 3 seeds in dirt, i gotta leave town for a week so hopefully when i come back something has popped and is alive.

im gonna pop...
3 of my own sasha which is a melange of various bagseed parents crossed and crossed. so we should get anything from these seeds.

put em an inch deep in some organic mix watered and i am out this bitch. see ya in a week.

i guess judging by everyone else im supposed to timestamp a pic with my cups? i don't have a camera right now can i take a cellphone pic?

Last edited:

LetsSeeYa

I have the same question L.S.Y. I'm lucky I figured out how to turn my fancy camera on. My son tells me I can change te date to Sept 1899 if I want??? I'm gonna start putting my computer in the background like I see in a few posts. Man, gotta go for a long walk with the dog then drive somewhere. I'm going downstairs to have a look every 1/2 hr, a watched kettle never boils.

I hear ya primo maybe there will be a list of peeps who has got into the contest. But then i really cant understand who would cheat, thats pretty weak as its just a fun contest. And for the winner ''great job'', who ever it may be.

Cheat and ya get bad Karma for life, i say. I cant get my cups to my computer so il try to get the stamp on, but last time i put it one a camera, i couldn't get it off, lol. And when i frame something, i dont want the date to show up on it.

Well im not a liar or cheat, which are hand in hand as far as im concerned. But i will look at the CD that came with the camera to see if i can find that info, the book only has info from the first time you set the thing up.

LSY

Seaweed24

My Proof of Lack of Life Yet

My Proof of Lack of Life Yet

I see everyone went fancy on their first pic so since mine was just my cup of dirt here is a new one

:thank you:

John Deere

Veteran
Hey all, I just found this thread and I definitely want in! I'll pick a few seeds and get my cups ready and post some pics later.

G

guest121295

I'm up.:)
picture.php

LokiLoki

Looking good everyone! I was gonna participate but i only have a dr60 to grow in so i dont really have any space :(

But gonna be a blast to see what you guys can do with this!

Garuda

Veteran
:laughing:

My 16oz-thingies will be placed on top of the right side of the SCROG-frame, there's space for a cup in every cab, be creative :D

antheis

Veteran
man i'm starting to worry if any of mine will come up. my last seedling took about a week to sprout so i up all of these, probably should have soaked them as well. who knows how old these bagseeds are, but i'm hoping for some glorious ones, and a chance to test out a new growing technique.
i'm worried, but i always get worried with seeds, whether its planting them or ordering them.

primobud

No problem with my first round of Ultra Sonja 6 for 6 in 68hrs. Right on "Grind House" 100%. Now lets see how they grow.

WelderDan

Veteran
2 LUI/Blue Moonshine F2, 1 Killer Queen, 1 G13/Butterscotch Hawaiian and 1 G13/HP just breaking out of the peat pellet this morning. 5 of 8 seeds so far

LetsSeeYa

I hate cracking seeds when its cold. I have no problems when its warm and im not going to get a seed heat mat so i put two in my tent where its warmer. If they pop il put the other two in, then make my little cfl set up veg for me till i chop down my grow in the tent. Which i can do at any time now, lookin good in there.

But a mat would come in handy right about now, its freezing man and im really not ready for this stuff yet. I still have 3 out, i need a couple weeks on, then sh-wing, they fall:)

LSY

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
3 of four, have one trifoliate, 1 with only one cotelydon, and 1 still bent in its anguished attempt at arrival.
no luck in changing the date stamp yet...i really don't know what else to do...considering the competition i never expected to win anyway so why cheat? no brainer to me...just along for the ride occifer.

LetsSeeYa

Bingo, i just saw my first one, i got so damn surprised i freaking spilled my other cup sitting here. aRGH. So i should be happy right, :yay:
Gotta be cuz all it takes is one lucky bean that has some good damn parents:fight:, right? And i have 2 left in the tent to suck up some nice warm moist heat:toohot:they were not getting. So what iv looked on the floor the past 45 min. or so, which the seed prolly just ended up in the bottom of the cup:hide:

But this is for fun right, i need to chill with it, im thinking i get that purple one hiding in the mix batch, im ah winner:crazy:. Well good thing its for fun:thinking:

LSY

WelderDan

Veteran
3 of four, have one trifoliate, 1 with only one cotelydon, and 1 still bent in its anguished attempt at arrival.
no luck in changing the date stamp yet...i really don't know what else to do...considering the competition i never expected to win anyway so why cheat? no brainer to me...just along for the ride occifer.

I think someone mentioned your computer in the picture, with the last post in the thread as a way to verify the date.

Personally, I have no problem with the honor system. This is all in good fun. I'm not opposed to allowing people that make a good faith effort to participate, but are having issues with the date stamp.

But it isn't my call, so it's just my $.02 FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.