What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who really wears the pants in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snype

Veteran
I was just reading another thread where some guy had to consult with his wife to see what seeds or how much money he can spend. What is going on with the role reversals these days? Guys are just getting too soft with these ladies now a days.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I was just reading another thread where some guy had to consult with his wife to see what seeds or how much money he can spend. What is going on with the role reversals these days? Guys are just getting too soft with these ladies now a days.

Or maybe he just respects his wife and her opinions? Looks at it like a partnership instead of a superiority contest? :yoinks:

TeamZissou

i dont know if it s soft maybe they couldn't afford what he was spending and she was making the smart decision??? hmmm???

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
My boyfriend hates the fact that I wear pants too.....tough shit :) Me wearing the pants means sometimes he needs to put on his skirt and stfu.

Just kidding, I believe in completely equal roles as man and woman.

^Possibility....maybe he's buyin' beans and his kids are barely eating as it is...you never know. Reverse the role Snype....would you allow a woman to just spend as she pleases without considering you or your household???

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
partnership, so things should be discussed.

Of course with my better half that happens, but there are things and amounts we do not question..If she or I want to spend some money so be it...better be enough left for essentials is all

C

Classyathome

Who really wears the pants in your house?

Our dog...

We both cater to her - let me out, feed me, scratch my belly...

And our kids...

G

good drown

it depends on what, i do on stuff, she does on others. if she did, then guns woulda been gone long ago

severian

After being married for a few years men and women usually fall into different roles and responsibilities. My wife is in charge of paying the bills every month. Unfortunately, this also allows her to see where ALL the money goes.

Lets face it, to an outsider - spending a couple hundred on beans sounds ridiculous.

Snype

Veteran
My wife would never have to ask me if she could bye something. Just because you have a partnership doesn't mean you consult in every aspect. You delegate things. Separate accounts in marriage is so important.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Separate accounts in marriage is so important.

Actually, more and more marriage counselors and financial counselors are recommending that the household use a single account. It not only builds a stronger sense of partnership ('ours', not 'mine'), it also encourages communication about financial matters.

This is considered so important because financial concerns are one of the most oft cited cause of divorce.

'If you can't trust him/her, perhaps you shouldn't have married him/her' is the underlying theme.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i have to ask my girl before any major financial decisions, even if its my money lol :joint:

ArcticBlast

Snype

Veteran
i think it depends on who's bringing home the bacon :p

I think that if only one of the person works then the other person should just trust what the other one is doing with the money. Maybe if there's some money problems going on then I can see a little conversation about it.

NiteTiger

Veteran
I think that if only one of the person works then the other person should just trust what the other one is doing with the money.

Why?

Making money does not mean you're good with money. If that were true, you wouldn't see white collar bankruptcies.

Snype

Veteran
Actually, more and more marriage counselors and financial counselors are recommending that the household use a single account. It not only builds a stronger sense of partnership ('ours', not 'mine'), it also encourages communication about financial matters.

This is considered so important because financial concerns are one of the most oft cited cause of divorce.

'If you can't trust him/her, perhaps you shouldn't have married him/her' is the underlying theme.

Yeah you are right but you're forgetting that they also recommend that they also have separate accounts as well as a joint "household" account. Remember around 50% marriages end in divorce so it's basically a coin flip.

TeamZissou

i agree with you 100%

Dr. Dank

If my wife wasnt watching out for me I would blow all my money on hookers and cheap beer. I love you honey!...I also love hookers and cheap beer.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Does it matter? I wish my girl was smart enough ta help me run some shit, unfortunately shes dumber than a rock so I try to make most decisions.....

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
I think it's important for one person in the relationship to have veto power. Role-equality has degraded the American Family, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.