What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roomates dog ate my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mexilandrace

and I am not sure how to approach this particular issue:

When I got home my roomate's wolf hybrid female had opened the child gate that blocks off the basement, where I live.

No big deal she does it all the time, I thought. Then she apparently figured out how to open my door and ripped a ton of trash apart in my room, knocked everything over, including some fertilizer bottles that she bit into.

The kicker, the one thing I am fucking livid over and have been screaming about for the last hour, she ripped my laptop apart. It was in my living room on the floor in pieces. There is also close to 2 ounces missing and presumed eaten by the fucking mut.

She is puking like a motherfucker. I hope she fucking dies.

Now, how the fuck do I approach this shit with my roomate?

If I had caught his bitch mid laptop eat I would have killed her. Or at the very least beaten her till she understood what fear is.

I don't think I should vocalize my wanting to murder his dog over my laptop. But seriously, how the fuck am I supposed to start that convo?

My house is trashed. My mom says not to clean it up so he can see what she did. Fuck man.

Coming from a dog owners perspective, the owner needs to be 110% accountable for their dogs behavior. No questions asked. If they can't, they should reconsider the responsibility of a dog companion. Not saying the dog was wrong in this situation necessarily...truthfully the owner should not of let this type of behavior happen in the first place. So the owner needs to own up to the damage their pup did and offer you rental compensation or something equivalent...IMHO.

M

mexilandrace

he will be home in a couple hours.

I am not cleaning anything up, it's driving me crazy though.

Now that the rage has worn off I am realizing the situation sucks balls for him and for me.

I know he can't afford a new laptop, or really even to replace the few hundred lost in nutes.

sucky situation, you know?

gomer

Sorry about your laptop.
He should pay for the damages but it makes it easier if the matter was discussed before. Good idea to come to an understanding ahead of time when it comes to pets, girlfriends, money, alcohol and in our case grows. What was the pet agreement when he moved in? Did you get an extra deposit from him because he had a dog?

M

mexilandrace

ohhhh, I live in his house. He owns this house and knows I grow and is cool as fuck about it.

And the grow bedroom caught on fire(was actually his fault, long story) and he was cool as fuck about it. I mean it never would have happened if I didn't grow.

The guy has been great.

this shit sucks.

jd4083

Veteran
ohhhh, I live in his house. He owns this house and knows I grow and is cool as fuck about it.

And the grow bedroom caught on fire(was actually his fault, long story) and he was cool as fuck about it. I mean it never would have happened if I didn't grow.

The guy has been great.

this shit sucks.

lol

not even sure what to say here, i'm the internet equivalent of speechless

M

mexilandrace

I pay my rent in cash on time, and he never pays or runs out of weed.

just so the situation is completely clear.

M

mexilandrace

Could he give you some cash and a rent discount since he owns the house?

bro, it gets better. Last week his car got repo'd.

I was here when they did it, I even offered the guy some bud to not take the car.

Fuck man.

Life is a trip.

are you paying to live there? if so, work out a deal with them with reduced rent or the next couple free depending how much your paying and the value of stuff destroyed

M

mexilandrace

the thing is man, I am not close to my roomate at all.

I do right by him because it's how to treat people, and he has done right by me because apparently he lives by the same rules.

THIS SHIT FUCKING SUCKS.

G

Ganja D

I think it's wrong you hope the dog dies regardless of the situation. And if the dog really ate 2 oz you should be concerned for it's health right now. Sucks though.

M

mexilandrace

maybe I should count on him doing right by me since he has proven he will, and stop worrying.

Ima roll a blunt. I haven't smoked one in a couple years but I think I should.

Good on you guys, this shit helped me.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Either you can talk to him and try to work something out, or show him what his dog did and let it go. Then get a better gate so it doesn't happen again.

jd4083

Veteran
There's an easy fix. Tally up the damages and tell him to apply it to 6 months rent and the rest in cash, or all in rent if you plan on staying there for a while.

Either way I think it's pretty fucked up that you would kill an animal for doing what it's programmed to do. Clearly the fact that the dog is half wolf is asking for trouble in the first place. The shelter I work at has a "kennel dog" that wanders all over the grounds and is half wolf. To me she is as sweet as she can be, follows me everywhere, actually licks me (which the owners say they have never seen her do even with them, lol)...but fuck with her in any way, even unintentionally, and she'll happily tear your throat out.

I think you're at least partially at fault here simply for not taking better preventative measures. Hell, the dog found a way through the baby gate, what made you think the thing couldn't handle a doorknob too after trying at it long enough? :laughing: Simple fix for that ya know...I've known plenty of dogs smart enough to open a door...haven't met one yet that can get through a locked knob ;)

seriously, I know you just wanted to vent but the fact that you went on and on about killing the dog struck me as odd and a little alarming, sounds like serial killer talk to me bro. jk, but maybe not really homie

peace

M

mexilandrace

I think it's wrong you hope the dog dies regardless of the situation. And if the dog really ate 2 oz you should be concerned for it's health right now. Sucks though.

sarcasm.

I would have hit her if I caught her though. That part was truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.