What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1847 Log Cabin Revamp Come sit a spell on the Porch With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LolaGal

I talked that friend out of that old log cabin he had stacked up in his back yard.

Cut down a few logs for some new wood, added an upstairs and a new porch.

Everything done for cost of nails so far. Using recycled everything.

My friends and me had a little cabin raisin', and here's what we got done so far.

The dude that makes fireplaces is not done, so no fireplace yet.
picture.php

aasin527

beautiful. my old man has a boatnouse o. a large lake around my way. it's o.e of mh favorite places. been goi.g out there every summer for 21 years. thatcabin looks like a nice place to relax. beautiful!

L

LolaGal

I had another thread around here, but couldn't find it. About starting up a cabin in the back of the woods.

I picked this spot by a pond, won't have any electricity, but it is a good start to a second cabin retreat.

Starting up my "back to nature" weekend getaway place for now.

I didn't like how the windows and doors were placed, but since I wasn't alive in 1847, I couldn't do much about it.

It is chestnut logs that were taken down in 1946 and stacked in an old barn and were numbered!!!

It is only about 24 x 30 with a loft upstairs. I got some more pics, will upload later!

Sticki

That looks brilliant, I'd love to live in something like that Nearest neighbour 7-10 miles away :) lol

Damn. I didnt know what to expect from this thread. But awesome. And inspirational., That kicks ass!!!
Reminds me of the PBS guy who built his own place =P
But with lots of weeeed!

L

LolaGal

Yes, this house is weed built! That is how I bribe the crew... lol.

Fish in Pond: Catfish, bass, bluegill.

Yes, I talked him out of it for free. Had to promise to build it back, so I am off the hook now, since roof is on. Fireplace will be done in a couple weeks.

Had to trade some deer hunting for some fireplace work... lol. die deer die... lol. I would rather have a fireplace!

But windows and doors are in, and it is basically done now.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn lola, looks like party time eh?
i would love to have a cabin like that for meself time to time
good pick up ;):party:

ROJO145

Veteran
Im jealous!!Thats absolutely beautiful Lola!!24 x 30 is perfect size and chestnut to boot.them timbers are worth a pretty penny but I like the cabin better!!:wave:

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
It looks like it will be a cozy place to get back in touch with nature. Do a little fishing, a little smoking, a little barbequing and sitting next to the fire...:huggg:

Status
Not open for further replies.