Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Anyone here grow boomers to go with their greens?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Anyone here grow boomers to go with their greens? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2017, 11:19 PM #1
OldPhart

OldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone here grow boomers to go with their greens?

Not sure if this is the right forum, but was just wondering if anyone else grows shrooms? I like to keep a few around for special occasions, and seeing as how I haven't seen them for sale in like 20 years, I just grow some of my own, once or twice a year. I am fond of the simple psilocybe cubensis, just because they are dead simple to grow, and 2.5-3 dried grams will get me where I want to go.
OldPhart is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:03 AM #2
Weedwell

Weedwell is on a distinguished road
Not currently. But looking to start for the same reasons. Just started reading up on a pf tech.
Weedwell is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:08 AM #3
cyat

cyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like a good idea
cyat is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2017, 02:36 PM #4
OldPhart

OldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedwell View Post
Not currently. But looking to start for the same reasons. Just started reading up on a pf tech.
Right on, I used the BRF/vermiculite (pf tech) for years. Still doing cakes, but using wild birdseed now. The birdseed just produces more for longer, but takes a little longer to get started. I have found The Hawks Eye to be a reliable source of spores, and I personally like the B+ strain. I'll order 4 syringes, at a time, and cook up about 16 jars, then store the other 2 syringes in the fridge for 6 months, before I do another batch of jars. So for about 50 bucks a year, I have enough boomers for me and a few friends to dose at least a half dozen times a year. One piece of advice, get a pressure cooker, period. The pressure cooker is the secret sauce, have never seen much need for other equipment such as glove boxes and the like, you just have to keep things clean. Good luck and be safe, if you see anything that looks or smells bad, pitch it.

Edit: It looks like there have been major changes at The Hawks Eye, and prices have gone up.... that sucks... but the shipping address is still the same, so I assume it is still the same people.

Last edited by OldPhart; 04-07-2017 at 04:41 PM..
OldPhart is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:38 AM #5
k-s-p

k-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to all
I'm going to give it a go this spring. I'd like to try microdosing but also taking a few good trips a year again, too. I think I'll try to grow liberty caps. We should have ovoids sprouting soon, seems about time. Hoping to find some when I go look for morels this week.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:05 PM #6
Double Kindness

Double Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the rough
I also switched from pf tek to wbs and like it so far. I didn't really like the b+, but I might have gotten an old spore syringe from a friend.

I have gone through sleeping forest fungi for spores, but am looking at a different spore source.

Right now I have some Hawaiians going and about to noc up some jars of PE.
Double Kindness is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2017, 04:34 PM #7
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
Not recently..but in the past I have...yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 05:12 AM #8
BEEFQUAKE

BEEFQUAKE will become famous soon enough
Bump.

Still learning, but I'm using the monotub method, grain inoculation and coco coir bulk substrate.
BEEFQUAKE is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 07:58 PM #9
Green Wolf

Green Wolf is on a distinguished road
What are boomers
Green Wolf is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM #10
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to allPatmando22 is a name known to all
The original post gives a scientific name
Patmando22 is offline Quote