Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > First indoor grow space [cheap & improvised]

Thread Title Search
First indoor grow space [cheap & improvised] Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2018, 06:15 PM #21
Sargemilla

Sargemilla is on a distinguished road
Thanks Gumby!
I tend to agree on the price Actually everything was cheaper for my DIY except for the filter. I could've bought a ready to use filter for this money BUT mine is way bigger and has way more carbon in it compared to those for this price range and the custom size was mandatory. Other than that I prefer DIY because i love doing it and especially improvising with primitive stuff cause it needs more creativity.

I disappointed you, fellas. I cut 2 sugar leaves from the small gal. I am now stoned on them. Feels good tho
Sargemilla is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:06 PM #22
Sargemilla

Just a quick update this time
I noticed some small defects on very few leaves. There's ONE leaf with brown spots and other 2-3 with clear holes close to the edges (no burn or any other color). Haven't seen any bugs or anything and I've looked for 30 minutes with my microscope.
Any idea what could cause this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173521.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	465597 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173539.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	465598 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173558.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	465599 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173640.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	465600 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173700.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	465601

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173748.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	465602 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_173749.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	465603 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_174125.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	465604 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_174144.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	465605 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180809_174151.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	465606

Old 08-09-2018, 07:38 PM #23
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
To me kind of looks like moving around damage. Did you move the pots lately? Or do you rotate them at all? I noticed when I was rotating my pots, sometimes leaves would get caught between them and I wouldn't notice and would kind of tear them like that.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 PM #24
Sargemilla

I didn't move them too much. But to mee it doesn't look hand induced at all.
Especially in the below pic it looks kinda symmetric.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:02 PM #25
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
A thought..... correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looks as though you are using insulated silver pads as reflectors near the top of your grow space. If so, you are insulating the heat your system is generating into the grow space. If you want to drop your temps a degree or two, dump them in favor of bright white paint. If you do a bit of research you'll find that there are several available that offer as much reflectance as silvered Mylar sheeting, and allow the heat to pass thru to the outside.

Pipedream is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:05 PM #26
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargemilla View Post
I didn't move them too much. But to mee it doesn't look hand induced at all.
Especially in the below pic it looks kinda symmetric.
View Image
I really dunno sorry :( I'm guessing it's not insects because there is so little damage compared to the rest of the plant. I'd keep a close eye on it and see if it gets any worse though. Lots of times bugs that eat holes in the leaves can be taken care of with pyrethrin. I'm a fan it seems to be helping my outdoor plants deal with leafhoppers.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 12:27 AM #27
Gumby's Ganja

Gumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the rough
If you click on "forum albums," you can start an album then paste the link in the thread. Otherwise the resolution is so low no one can make out what the hell that green blur is.

My guess, from what I think I see, is water droplets. A droplet of water lands om your plant, the physics magnifies the light so that it burns the tissue before it evaporates. Under a 1000W, it burns a hole straight through. Makes sure you are careful hand watering. Could also be hotspots from the metal lining.
Gumby's Ganja is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 08:26 AM #28
Sargemilla

@Pipedream
Thanks for stopping by. You are right about that. I planned to change the wall coating and cover the aluminum reflector for more than a week but had no idea how "panda film" is called in my language. Yesterday I found out how it's called (mulching film is the translated term) and I will make everything white. Temperature is a big problem at the moment since it's depending on the temp in the room. Now I have in the closet somewhere around 29-32 <- not cool.

@Agent
Thanks anyway, I do appreciate it . I spent a good half hour with my microscope and spotted no insect

@Gumby
Had no idea, thanks for the tip. On the light magnifying, I know about that and always water with care to not touch the leaves. I also grow under 130w CFL so I'm quite far from the 1000W But the holes are so symmetrical it's very unlikely to be anything external to the plant. It must be some deficiency. My guess was Cal-mag and I already supplement her with some.

Many told me and they were right. Growing IS fucking addictive

Old 08-11-2018, 02:24 PM #29
Gumby's Ganja

Gumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargemilla View Post
@Gumby
Had no idea, thanks for the tip. On the light magnifying, I know about that and always water with care to not touch the leaves. I also grow under 130w CFL so I'm quite far from the 1000W But the holes are so symmetrical it's very unlikely to be anything external to the plant. It must be some deficiency. My guess was Cal-mag and I already supplement her with some.

Many told me and they were right. Growing IS fucking addictive
Many people seem to be experts in figuring out what exactly is wrong with a plant due to the leaves, but I swear I've never had a problem that wasn't fixed by adjusting either the calmag, nitrogen, or changing nute concentration. That by no means should be taken as law, but always consider those first when you have a problem before you go playing around with throwing chemicals in there to supplement some micronutrient you think is missing or to fight a pest you suspect is there.

I highly recommend you start making plans to set up a 1000W. If you are already hooked on growing, there's no substitute.

Also, embed a high res photo of what's going on so we can see better.
Gumby's Ganja is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 06:55 PM #30
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby's Ganja View Post

I highly recommend you start making plans to set up a 1000W. If you are already hooked on growing, there's no substitute..
i agree... if u can work around the heat issue thats the way to go- last grow i used '2' 315 cmh's which guys say equates to 1000watter- i don't think its even close in my 4x3.5ft tent...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote