Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

Thread Title Search
The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2018, 06:34 PM #541
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Thanks bs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51D04497-9254-4726-8E01-C132EE3B35EE.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	466360

Triangle Kush x SFV by Cannarado
jidoka is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:01 PM #542
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Oooowheee. that's the stuff!
bsgospel is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 10:19 PM #543
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
I received my most recent lab analyses back; the Mehlich III acid-extraction S001, as well as the water-extraction S003.

I'm mildly befuddled, and even questioned if this was actually MY sample's results, as I'd boosted the calcium and P and reduced dolomite lime. Got rid of the prilled molasses and thus -some- of the related excess K, yet the Potassium, while reduced is still fairly stout, and the P didn't budge high enough in contrast to the N & K.

The numbers are as follows; typed in translation, rather than made into a jpeg or pdf, for ease of conveyance to the forum from my somewhat crippled internet connection:

In the S001 Mehlich III acid extraction analysis:

Ph is 6.4 (*precisely what I was -originally- aiming for; now planning on moving more toward a 6.6-6.7).

Calcium base saturation % is 67.67

Magnesium base saturation % is 11.42%

Potassium base saturation % is 2.9%

Sodium base saturation % is 4%.

Other bases are 5%

Hydrogen is 9%.
--------------------------------------------------
Total exchange capacity is listed as 24.81 (ME/100 g).
Organic matter % is 37.2

Soluble sulfur is at 559 ppm.

Phosphorous is at 173 ppm.

Calcium = 3,358 ppm

Magnesium = 340 ppm

Potassium = 281 ppm

Sodium = 228 ppm

Boron = 2.53 ppm

Iron = 138 ppm

Manganese = 35 ppm

Copper = 5.07 ppm

Zinc = 38.8 ppm

Aluminum = 128 ppm

---------------------------------------------------

Other tests:

Soluble salts (mmhos/cm) = 1.81

NO3-N = 125.2 ppm

NH4-N = 4 ppm

--------------------------------------------------------

Initial thoughts for modification include getting rid of the 1 TBSP of Azomite altogether.

Reduce dolomite lime by yet another TBSP, and increase the low Mg garden lime by 2 TBSP, plus bump the gypsum up by another 5 TBSP.

Add another 1/2-cup to a cup of (8-16 TBSP) of 0-7-0 Bat Guano.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The water extraction test shows a VERY low available P, at something like 1.9 ppm, telling me this mix needs to sit and activate for a MUCH longer period of time than it received before being sent to the lab.

It also tells me (maybe) that by contrasting the Mehlich results to the water extraction results, I can figure out what items to boost via liquid or other faster acting fertilizers for any prematurely-applied mixes while the slower-to-release components are 'awakening.'

(*Because I need to come up with about 5-6 cubic ft. of this mix right now, to be used in the next several days, and will need to compensate for the present but unavailable components in the here and now).

Any comments on nutrient or mineral levels are welcome. Please.

And do the sulfur or Mg levels strike anyone else as a bit alarming? Maybe I'm worrying over insignificant issues?

I currently have some flowering (aged, former) mothers in this mix, as well as properly rooted vegetative plants prepping to go into bloom, and they all seem more or less happy; not ecstatic, but fairly comfy. Knowing what I do now about the P levels, however, I'm contemplating doing a foliar spray with amino acids, and either a fish hydrolysate product (2-3-0.2) I have here, or a hefty dose of Budswell (yellow label).

Meanwhile, a top-dressing of some 0-11-0 seabird guano is likely in the very near future.

Ideas?

Edit: And as Murphy would have it, the high P (0.5-13-0.2) Indonesian Bat shit I'd been using is seemingly no longer available in town. I swear Murphy follolws me just to formulate new challenges for me to overcome. I dislike Murphy a lot these days....).

moose eater is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 11:21 PM #544
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Indo/GH/Outdo? What size pots? Is organic a concern?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:58 PM #545
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Primarily organic. Natural at least, and organic as much as possible.

Indoor, 315 cmh's, @ 1 per box, (not yet with auxiliary lighting, but hopefully augmented soon with PAR/BR 30-38 12-15 watt LED floods = 120 watt each +/- incandescent with 3000k - 4200k spectrum x 4 per box; again, hopefully soon, to augment the 315s). Vegging under 4200k and bloom under 3000k after initial 10-12 days under 12:12.

Plenty of air changes (each box with ~345 cfm's/box before adjustment for pressures), in (3) 4'x4'x6.5' boxes, and (1) 3.5'x3.5'x6.5', with the room in question cranking a steady pleated MERV8 & Industrial VOC-grade carbon-filtered ~465 cfm's thru 12"x24" custom, aluminum-framed panels @ 100% fill, in an overall ~14'x20' room. (*Yes, I know there's no such thing as a true 100% fill, but..... ).

Most bloom pots being Classic 2000 (Maybe 4-5 gallon? Maybe bigger? Never did a specific look-up on them; the biggest I have in any quantity. Veg pots go from the 1" sq. for cuts, then begin as 3"x3" cubes, and then go to 5"x5"x6.5" square, then into the Classic 2000s for bloom.

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:03 AM #546
moose eater

I can post the -current- (amended) mix in a bit, but have to head into town to locate a couple items I'm missing or low on at the moment.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:13 AM #547
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to behold
ME, just wanted to say thanks for sharing. Real examples being dealt with help a lot!
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:59 AM #548
jackspratt61

jackspratt61 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
I received my most recent lab analyses back; the Mehlich III acid-extraction S001, as well as the water-extraction S003.

I'm mildly befuddled, and even questioned if this was actually MY sample's results, as I'd boosted the calcium and P and reduced dolomite lime. Got rid of the prilled molasses and thus -some- of the related excess K, yet the Potassium, while reduced is still fairly stout, and the P didn't budge high enough in contrast to the N & K.

The numbers are as follows; typed in translation, rather than made into a jpeg or pdf, for ease of conveyance to the forum from my somewhat crippled internet connection:

In the S001 Mehlich III acid extraction analysis:

Ph is 6.4 (*precisely what I was -originally- aiming for; now planning on moving more toward a 6.6-6.7).

Calcium base saturation % is 67.67

Magnesium base saturation % is 11.42%

Potassium base saturation % is 2.9%

Sodium base saturation % is 4%.

Other bases are 5%

Hydrogen is 9%.
Total exchange capacity is listed as 24.81 (ME/100 g).
Organic matter % is 37.2

Soluble sulfur is at 559 ppm.

Phosphorous is at 173 ppm.

Calcium = 3,358 ppm

Magnesium = 340 ppm

Potassium = 281 ppm

Sodium = 228 ppm

Boron = 2.53 ppm

Iron = 138 ppm

Manganese = 35 ppm

Copper = 5.07 ppm

Zinc = 38.8 ppm

Aluminum = 128 ppm

---------------------------------------------------

Other tests:

Soluble salts (mmhos/cm) = 1.81

NO3-N = 125.2 ppm

NH4-N = 4 ppm

--------------------------------------------------------

Initial thoughts for modification include getting rid of the 1 TBSP of Azomite altogether.

Reduce dolomite lime by yet another TBSP, and increase the low Mg garden lime by 2 TBSP, plus bump the gypsum up by another 5 TBSP.

Add another 1/2-cup to a cup of (8-16 TBSP) of 0-7-0 Bat Guano.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The water extraction test shows a VERY low available P, at something like 1.9 ppm, telling me this mix needs to sit and activate for a MUCH longer period of time than it received before being sent to the lab.

It also tells me (maybe) that by contrasting the Mehlich results to the water extraction results, I can figure out what items to boost via liquid or other faster acting fertilizers for any prematurely-applied mixes while the slower-to-release components are 'awakening.'

(*Because I need to come up with about 5-6 cubic ft. of this mix right now, to be used in the next several days, and will need to compensate for the present but unavailable components in the here and now).

Any comments on nutrient or mineral levels are welcome. Please.

And do the sulfur or Mg levels strike anyone else as a bit alarming? Maybe I'm worrying over insignificant issues?

I currently have some flowering (aged, former) mothers in this mix, as well as properly rooted vegetative plants prepping to go into bloom, and they all seem more or less happy; not ecstatic, but fairly comfy. Knowing what I do now about the P levels, however, I'm contemplating doing a foliar spray with amino acids, and either a fish hydrolysate product (2-3-0.2) I have here, or a hefty dose of Budswell (yellow label).

Meanwhile, a top-dressing of some 0-11-0 seabird guano is likely in the very near future.

Ideas?

Edit: And as Murphy would have it, the high P (0.5-13-0.2) Indonesian Bat shit I'd been using is seemingly no longer available in town. I swear Murphy follolws me just to formulate new challenges for me to overcome. I dislike Murphy a lot these days....).

Rinse that mix to .5 ec or so...sodium is high and N too. It needs additional P and Ca. Perhaps use triple super phosphate and steamed bone meal. Avoid ammendments with sodium and iron. Retest and balance metals.
jackspratt61 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:45 AM #549
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Pics of the finished product by chance? Or rather just before harvest?

I'm with you, OM number plus others don't make sense. Bad scoop? Retest? How deep was the sample taken from?
bsgospel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:04 AM #550
jidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackspratt61 View Post
Rinse that mix to .5 ec or so...sodium is high and N too. It needs additional P and Ca. Perhaps use triple super phosphate and steamed bone meal. Avoid ammendments with sodium and iron. Retest and balance metals.
If those cec and om numbers are right it won’t rinse

Gotta use gypsum to drive down Na and raise Ca. That is why I asked about organic...my step 2 would be MAP along with 5% fulvic. Then the micros
jidoka is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.