Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

Thread Title Search
I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 10:16 PM #221
cone

cone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura about
Last are the 2 survivers.

MK (left) KB/AK (Right)

cone is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 PM #222
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Soft type same as the ones I’m using now.
It is but like you found it can be hard to gauge too wet or dry which is the reason I knocked it in the head.

It should be ready to rock by next year hopefully you will get a bumper crop this year!.
It's definitely worth putting money & effort into if you are going to carry on in the same place.
You will have to get some pictures of all your plants, Branching, Stems generally all over so we can see what's happening within the plant.
Use a load of Cain to build like scaffolding & gaffa tape to keep it as one.

Bending them 180 degrees is a good way for saving room & getting a bushier plant at least with photo plants I haven't grown auto's for some years now.

As long as you don't mind me chuckling the odd few pictures I will not a problem brother, Tell me if you don't want pics highjacking your posts.

Had a horrible sight when I went in the room today, 2 of the 3 MK were dead it looks like the drippers were blocked so all plans for a hydro are out of the question it's not all bad 2 plants are still healthy my only MK & KB/AK.
I got a shot of the stem just to show how quick it turns to woody stem just over 3 weeks under an HLG135.

First is a couple of the BuKu.

View Image
View Image
I haven't had any roots bust through my black fabric ones yet either. I have had them popping out the holes in my airpots though! I'm a big fan of those, even though they are expensive. I think they pay themselves off after a grow or two in increased yield. I'll try to get some close ups this weekend. Last few times it was raining and I wanted to get in and out asap. Hopefully my a-frame will work. I wanted to tie plasticized wire around each branch that needs support, then use fishing line to tie that to the a-frame. I know fishing line directly onto the branch will cut into it like a bitch, but I'm hoping the plasticized wire will increase the surface area enough not to cut in. And please bro, I love seeing pics how others grow so feel free I need to ask an admin to move this to another subforum, it's not really a growing question thread anymore That sucks you lost 2 of your plants bro I just had a snafu where my airpump broke connection to the hose while I was aerating my water. I'm glad I hadn't put any clones into the dwc tank yet or they would be dead. And dood I haven't ever seen marijuana plants undergo lignification in 3 weeks! I thought it would take much longer than that. I know lignified branches can be a symptom of fusarium. You haven't had any problems with fungus have you?
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 11:42 PM #223
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I grabbed a few pics today. I suck with a camera, so the closeups suck. Deal with it

Got everything in high res at --> https://agentpothead.com/outs/
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:07 AM #224
Home-Grown

Home-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enough
I have just glanced over a few posts, so excuses any doubling up.

GeneralHydro M .44, G .44, B .44, Epsom .11 per Litre diluted to 1/8th strength.

I fill the hole in 1.5” rockwool with some scraps wool, start new hole to match cutting size.
Pre-soak with ph 5.2, shake out and re-water at ph 6.2, then 6 shakes with hand in bucket

I use a cheap 12 cell Propagation Box, put 3 hole along the top and insert a 1.5” piece of air tube in each.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Cells-Se...sid=m570.l1313

Then I put Propagation Boxes in temp controlled area at 81-82 F, to pre warm. Or just near a heater with Digital Thermo to watch.

Cutting from middle 1/3 or above, Transition or Bloom nutrient a week before can help with stored energy.

I leave the cutting in a small "Cut down Measuring Tube" full of Clonex. Transfer some in the hole with toothpick before putting the cutting in.

Timing is everything with cuttings, after about 8 days I am sorting those with roots and thinking about the first drink of 1/8th nutrient at ph 5.7 if needed. This is going to vary depending on your technique and equipment. I never spray plants, unless they are very slow to take, where it will also help to wash of toxins.

I do things different to anybody I know, what works for me may not for someone else.

Most important, have fun
Home-Grown is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 01:34 AM #225
Home-Grown

Home-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enough
Forgot to mention, I throw the "9 cup trays" in Propagation Boxes away, and replace with piece of plastic gutter mesh.
There is a bit to be said about insulating trays, and stopping direct breezes around roots, another day.

Also I use multiple graduations when changing Ph, nutrient strength and the changing ratios of nutrient so it is just about seamless. I did not add this at first, thinking it just makes it more complex to explain. KISS, as they say. J

Old 08-11-2018, 01:48 AM #226
cone

cone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura aboutcone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
I haven't had any roots bust through my black fabric ones yet either. I have had them popping out the holes in my airpots though! I'm a big fan of those, even though they are expensive. I think they pay themselves off after a grow or two in increased yield. I'll try to get some close ups this weekend. Last few times it was raining and I wanted to get in and out asap. Hopefully my a-frame will work. I wanted to tie plasticized wire around each branch that needs support, then use fishing line to tie that to the a-frame. I know fishing line directly onto the branch will cut into it like a bitch, but I'm hoping the plasticized wire will increase the surface area enough not to cut in. And please bro, I love seeing pics how others grow so feel free I need to ask an admin to move this to another subforum, it's not really a growing question thread anymore That sucks you lost 2 of your plants bro I just had a snafu where my airpump broke connection to the hose while I was aerating my water. I'm glad I hadn't put any clones into the dwc tank yet or they would be dead. And dood I haven't ever seen marijuana plants undergo lignification in 3 weeks! I thought it would take much longer than that. I know lignified branches can be a symptom of fusarium. You haven't had any problems with fungus have you?
Just a quick one brother in a shed load of pain.

There has to be a reason why roots don't SOME of the Black pots, Could it be a certain root structure? Certain strains, Not enough moisture going to the bottom, A little light getting in through the pots, Really dry conditions around the pots?
I don't know but there must be a reason for it.

Same here with Airpots & not that expensive over here how much where you are?

Trim some growth from around the bottom get better airflow in there & up through the middle.

A little tip what I do when clones start getting too big & holds the tops back while anything underneath grows out one of the reasons along with trimming & different way of topping my plants grow like they do.

Where the red arrows are pointing cut off but leave the shoot where the white arrows are pointing they will be new top shoots eventually, Your side shoots will catch the tops up & be thicker/stronger.
That's what I would do not telling you how to grow your own plants.

cone is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 02:18 AM #227
Home-Grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post

Just looking at your plan to tie plants.
I have had Haze lifting a sheet of steel Reo mesh used in Concrete. You can see why Hemp is strong.

I was using tie wire threaded though air tube around stems, now using nylon ribbon. The branches slide across rather then grabbing and digging in!

Old 08-11-2018, 02:40 AM #228
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Just a quick one brother in a shed load of pain.

There has to be a reason why roots don't SOME of the Black pots, Could it be a certain root structure? Certain strains, Not enough moisture going to the bottom, A little light getting in through the pots, Really dry conditions around the pots?
I don't know but there must be a reason for it.

Same here with Airpots & not that expensive over here how much where you are?

Trim some growth from around the bottom get better airflow in there & up through the middle.

A little tip what I do when clones start getting too big & holds the tops back while anything underneath grows out one of the reasons along with trimming & different way of topping my plants grow like they do.

Where the red arrows are pointing cut off but leave the shoot where the white arrows are pointing they will be new top shoots eventually, Your side shoots will catch the tops up & be thicker/stronger.
That's what I would do not telling you how to grow your own plants.

View Image
Sorry to hear you hurting bro, this bowl is for you.

I agree on the roots. I'ma take a look at some of mr bungle's threads see how he is growing. See what I'm doing differently.
I forget how much the airpots I'm using were. I remember they are 3 gallon equiv and he sold them to me 40% off because they were a return a lady had just brought back because she couldn't get a handle on the watering, was losing too much nutrients she said. Even full price they would pay themselves off mad fast I think. Always gives such awesome root growth.

I'm not sure I can do any chopping on these ones anymore? They have started preflower and are starting that stretch. Isn't that too late to be cutting for training purposes? They are outdoors, so light penetration isn't an issue like indoors. Air flow will be an issue for sure though. I'm hoping to get them hit with some actinovate or serenade next weekend. The taller one is up to 8 feet and the one that was shorter than me is now 6 feet. Next week I wanted to setup an a-frame. I am gonna look into that nylon ribbon homegrown recommended.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:42 AM #229
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home-Grown View Post
Just looking at your plan to tie plants.
I have had Haze lifting a sheet of steel Reo mesh used in Concrete. You can see why Hemp is strong.

I was using tie wire threaded though air tube around stems, now using nylon ribbon. The branches slide across rather then grabbing and digging in!
That's a great idea on the nylon ribbon. We should have some around already in fact. Thanks for the posts and taking time to read the thread.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:47 AM #230
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

And to anybody wondering why there is perlite in an outdoor grow, that's the leftover happy frog that went into a 20 gallon fabric pot just out of frame. The rain had caused a pit at the base of one of the plants so we spread the rest over the stems of both plants for some physical defense to the rain.