Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Oregon > The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

Thread Title Search
The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 10:03 PM #1781
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Sad Sign

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:07 AM #1782
Dankwolf

Dankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to beholdDankwolf is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrites View Post
Sad Sign

View Image
Really sad lol just goes to show where the market will be this fall.

I do it for fun money. But I feel for those that invested anything this year.market production my way are 200 a unit lol . I don't even know what to say

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 AM #1783
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to all
$8 eighths? I think I will give up growing weed now. Why bother? Glad I did not get a micro grow rec license as well.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:49 AM #1784
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to allOregonBorn is a name known to all
The notion that Washington state does not have a surplus of weed is fake news straight from the bullshit factory. They have an oversupply problem there as well, especially from outdoor grows east of the Cascades. Its all over the web, for example:

https://mjbizdaily.com/washington-st...-calls-change/

Quote:
The Oregon-Idaho High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area report released last week told the public what law enforcement already knew – that there is more marijuana being grown in Oregon that is needed, and some of it is making its way onto the black market. Roberts says he believes the Oregon Legislature is aware of the problem.
“I think the mere fact that they (legislators) actually created this mini-grant opportunity for small communities to battle marijuana is a validation of the fact that we didn’t do things the right way in terms of creating the regulatory statutes and/or administrative rules,” Roberts said.
Oregon U.S. Attorney Billy Williams stated that the report shows him that the marijuana industry in Oregon is out of control. Similar studies mounted in Colorado and Washington show there is little to no surplus in those states.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission oversees the recreational marijuana program in the state, and the chief says the OLCC is at fault for not having a strong enough regulatory system in place when marijuana was legalized.
“The whole roll-out of recreational marijuana in Oregon was premature from the standpoint of actually having the regulation in place before they allowed for the industry to start licensing and selling,” he said. “It’s been hurry-up, catch-up ever since.”
Roberts stressed that his problems with the recreational marijuana industry are at the state regulatory level. He says he’s found the local marijuana stores are cooperative and committing to doing things right.

https://www.myeasternoregon.com/2018...a-being-grown/

Old 08-10-2018, 04:21 PM #1785
Aota1

Aota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really niceAota1 is just really nice
Although I could do well by offering this price tier and there’s plenty of herb to pick up and sell for $2/3-gram, I’ve so far refused to go that low. Death spiral moves. I maintain high quality standards, albeit at a lower average pound price. I think growing for so many years puts me in a great position when sourcing real high grade. It translates to the customers as well. There’s almost 60 shops in my town alone and many are doing the death spiral move. I’m confident in our style.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 PM #1786
naturalbornkilr

naturalbornkilr will become famous soon enoughnaturalbornkilr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Sad Sign

View Image

Meanwhile, Archive Portland has ounces of GMO aka garlic cookies for $400. These cheap ounces are pure garbage but I understand the need for people on welfare that want to smoke too.
naturalbornkilr is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:15 PM #1787
Mengsk

Mengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura about
While I am not in Oregon, if it looks too good to be true, what I mean is people going for the $400/oz stuff and the $40 are likely not the same. I don't know if the thc % is ten times 'your money's worth' but that isn't really the point.
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 03:10 AM #1788
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonBorn View Post
$8 eighths? I think I will give up growing weed now. Why bother? Glad I did not get a micro grow rec license as well.
I looked at getting a micro just because I could grow a lot more plants than I could otherwise that way, but the price was past being reasonable by a couple decimal points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota1 View Post
Although I could do well by offering this price tier and there’s plenty of herb to pick up and sell for $2/3-gram, I’ve so far refused to go that low. Death spiral moves. I maintain high quality standards, albeit at a lower average pound price. I think growing for so many years puts me in a great position when sourcing real high grade. It translates to the customers as well. There’s almost 60 shops in my town alone and many are doing the death spiral move. I’m confident in our style.
I like how that sounds. The dudes at the wine shop clean up on $30 750ml bottles even though you can buy a gallon of wine at Freddies for $10.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:19 AM #1789
Oregonism

Oregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura about
Jim belushis farm is still going for $15 a gram locally.

I used to be interested in sampling things from time to time. Too many disappointments, last thing I remember was Animal Cookies at 28% and it was hay.

Another time looked like it was used for dry sift first...

For anything other than rich newbies, most of the scene seems to be wash.

How do you even source new genetics, I know the process, but how is that even attainable?
Oregonism is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 06:25 AM #1790
Oregonism

Oregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura aboutOregonism has a spectacular aura about
Also, consolidation looks to be in the future and bigger companies may jump in for pennies on the dollar, thats my concern, the state also did away with those protections...

I have seen ridiculous cost per kg from Dutch farmers, and in areas that dont have to essentially rebreed their cultivars for environment, it could be even less.

I just keep stacking packs and try to keep paying attention.
Oregonism is offline Quote