What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF1000 QB

aliceklar

I've noticed a weird thing about the SF1000 Spider Farmer Quantam Boards.

Firstly, just to say, I've been using a couple of these for flower over the past nine months and have been really pleased with the results - lots of light intensity for only 100w power draw, not much waste heat, simple robust design and very cheap.

The thing I noticed is that the central IR LED on the row of 5 furthest away from where the power cable connects has died. On both lights. I thought it was a coincidence until I saw pictures of other spider farmer SF1000 lights from other users, and noticed the same pattern - middle IR LED in the same row, dud. I cant recall if these diodes were dead from the start, or if they blew early.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

GoatCheese

Veteran
Are those supposed to be as bright as normal led diodes?
I don't have any UV or IR leds on my lights, but i've read that at least one of those is alot dimmer than normal leds ...or was it both.

Koondense

Veteran
IR light is invisible for human eyes, maybe that's the reason. 720nm is still visible but below 750 the red appears shifting brown to black(darkness).

Cheers

aliceklar

You can see what I'm talking about in this post:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=9034854&postcount=742

Its not to do with being able to see any light at all from any of the IR diodes - its that one particular IR diode - seemingly always in the same location - looks very different to all the other IR diodes in this brand of light. The SF1000 has alternating rows of warm white and cool white diodes - and two rows of 5 red diodes. Its the central diode in the left hand red row that I'm talking about, furthest away from the end where the power cable enters the main body of the light. My lights are off at the moment, but I'll take some pics later.

Looking at the technical specs, I can see that the spectrum of diodes given is:

660-665nm
3000Knm
5000Knm
IR 760nm

This is 4 types of diode, and I thought there were only 3... Is it possible that the "dim" LED is a lone 660-665nm diode?

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Take a look
SF-IR_1080x.jpg

Sunshineinabag

I've loved mine.....just made the mistake of not grabbing enough to fill the room!

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_094241.jpg
    IMG_20201118_094241.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20201118_094245.jpg
    IMG_20201118_094245.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 28

indagroove

Veteran
Invisible to the human eye yes, but not to your cell phone camera. If you can't see it in a picture, as the one you linked to, it's blown. To confirm this, look at the IR diode on your TV remote through your cell phone camera, and you will see it ignite.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Invisible to the human eye yes, but not to your cell phone camera. If you can't see it in a picture, as the one you linked to, it's blown. To confirm this, look at the IR diode on your TV remote through your cell phone camera, and you will see it ignite.

Totally agreed. :good:

Latest posts

Latest posts