What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Alex Trebek

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
1940-2020

:shucks:

His last episode of Jeopardy is scheduled to air on Christmas Eve (I hear). Edit: another source says Christmas Day.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a true gentleman, a TV legend! Grew up quizzing myself, learning something each episode from watching Jeopardy nightly for decades

He battled brave. RIP.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
RIP Mr Trebek

Looking forward to saying good riddance to the parade of crap we'll remember as the year 2020.

ElGato

Veteran
R.I.P. Mr. Trebek, you were the perfect Host for the best Game Show ever

...knew it was coming but still very sad news

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
R.I.P. Mr. Trebek, you were the perfect Host for the best Game Show ever

...knew it was coming but still very sad news

Yeah, I think we all knew this was coming and sensed this with his aggressive cancer diagnosis. I personally was getting ready for this but I thought we had a few more seasons to go. It snuck up on me even though I understood he was pretty deep in the woods.

His posture and comport throughout the diagnosis and treatment was nothing short of the strength that I think we all wish we had. We wish we could approach the end the way he did. My apologies to anyone who is as prepared as him. But I generally think most of us will be ripped from this world screaming and crying. :gaga:

Not that man. Pro right up until the end.

yardgrazer

People have probably seen this, but word is Ken Jennings will be the first interim host (no doubt followed by Brad Rutter, and for better or worse no doubt James who I kinda hate). Also saw a post about offcolor/offensive things KenJen has tweeted over the years... some of them did push the boundaries of taste but Ken has a surprisingly biting sense of humor and no doubt owned up to any hurt he caused (could be wrong but his public persona is certainly that of a decent human being).