What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Lets grow some weed

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I want to thank everyone for all the help and cheer brought to my thread.
I'll have another go at it, this time with regular seeds, but I am still ironing out the details as I am putting it toghether. Already put some older seeds to germinate, we'll see which ones crack for the new adventure. Hope at least some of them will germinate so I can smoke some of the oldies I liked again.
I still have some pics to post here, and they will come later today or tommorow. Been busy lately.
I will also post the link to the new thread here once I start it.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello! I am back with some pics I had taken but never managed to prepare and post till now.

A view on what was under the canopy:
picture.php

Plant 4 to show how much bud, popcorn and stems i got from a plant: (think it was 35 bud, 12 popcorn, 10 stems)
picture.php

Part of the harvest hanging to dry:
picture.php

Some buds (closeups):
picture.php

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice work and if you need help with the smoke report... you know where to find me hehehe
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Jars are just settling to the right RH for smoking, will probably do some smoke report soon.
Meanwhile, I am preparing for the next adventure, which I decided will be under a mars hydro TSW2000 panel. Double the watts, and probably a much better choice for this tent. Also, we might see some landrace sativa in there. I seriosly think about doing 100% sativa as part of the plants or all the plants.
Only thing i need to figure out is how many plants to put in each of the pots, since all my sativas and most of the seeds I got are regular and not fem. If anyone has pointers or an opinion on this please help me.
See you soon with more info!

Later.edit:
picture.php

This is what I am rolling now, from first plant I harvested. Will post more on it later.

Later.edit2:
Ok, so, plant 1:
Mellow, happy feeling to be enjoyed on a counch.
Smell is kushy, peppery, a bit lemony (undertone).
Kinda sour smell I would say. Without that kerosene undertone you would expect along it.
0.5 gr or so kept me entertained for at least 2 hours and it's still going. But, I want more.. so I will roll another one and come back with more.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
New light, a massive one I must say!
picture.php

This light, at a touch of a button, can transform any room into the brightest room ever.
picture.php

TSW2000 (mars hydro)

Later.edit: As about the bud, sorry I left you guys hanging, the 0.5-0.7 gr lest on the rolling mat after the joint I rolled kept me well and high for hours, I got carried by other things and didn't write more.
So, it seems that after curing things are better, since my first smoke of this made me think it's much more indica leaning than it is. Still a bit indica for my taste, but I bet it's a great smoke for indica and indica leaning hybrid lovers.
We'll see how the others plants smoke in the near future, as I will try to do a mini smoke report on each one. Maybe even an indepth smoke report of the best one later.

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looking good exploziv, Excited to see how the new mars light produces for you.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Second pot I harvested, that contained 2 plants, is up for smoke test today. I just took a random bud out of the respective jars, as I harvested the 2 plants as a whole.
picture.php

Smell: Skunky, a bit floral, lemon undertones. A bit of a soapy aftertaste. Feels very powerful, expansive on the lungs.
Effects are powerful already after less than half a joint. (Around 0.5 gr. for the whole joint)
Brain is stimulated I can feel some brainwaives jumping around the top of my brain. I would say this is 70% indica, 30% sativa as effects go. Have no call to move out of the couch. I am flying. Still less than half a joint smoked..
As you can see from the post below, it doesn't affect my thought process that much. It's just a mellow fewling of happiness that sourounds you and keeps you in the couch.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Mars Hydro TS1000 review:

While we're doing reports, I want to report on the light as well. I must admit I wasn't expecting much from this little light, and I thought mars hydro is another bussiness that tries to push old/cheap led tech to growers. Now I know I am wrong. The light I got (TS-1000, 150W) draws 138W on max from the mains and while that's not so close to the 150W is said to be, I don't care that much about at the price range they sell the lights for. They are about as cheap as building a panel out of E27 led bulbs, and you don't have to put in the work or risk working with electricity. Do they do better than the E27 bulbs? For me, they did. I am happy with the build quality, and the light does what it says it does. No gimmicks. My thread stands here as proof. Other than trying to keep the environment as stable as possible I did not do anything more than tieing, training, watering and ferting the plants.
Shipping to EU took (well) under 1 week, so I was happy with that too.
As I just got another Mars Hydro light, the TSW2000, this one I used in this thread will probably live on as veg light. I like the dimmer function, it's very practical. Both panels have that function, which is great at this price. I probably saved a couple of euros in electricity cost just because I could slowly ramp up the light just when the plants needed more. I hate wasted electricity!
Very happy with the leds overall.

DiverDave

Very good post I'm glad I'm following. :yay:

Your photo is very nice & the flower is so :greenstars:

I like what I see & will keep following you on your journeys :tree:

Enjoy

DD

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Continuing on the smoke report..
I am at 75% smoked on the joint, I must say this is a real kush, cause the smoke packs a mean punch on the lungs.
Floating, flying all is good atmosphere. Nothing external means much.

And for those that are new to this thread I must remind you that I am smoking Critical Kush from Urban Legends.
(The one from the right.)
picture.php

Smoking from this pot which contained 2 plants.
picture.php

gizmo666

love the way you started a smoke report stopped halway gave a light report then go back to the smoke report
that itself says a lot for the smoke imo haha

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Second pot I harvested, that contained 2 plants, is up for smoke test today. I just took a random bud out of the respective jars, as I harvested the 2 plants as a whole.
View Image

Smell: Skunky, a bit floral, lemon undertones. A bit of a soapy aftertaste. Feels very powerful, expansive on the lungs.
Effects are powerful already after less than half a joint. (Around 0.5 gr. for the whole joint)
Brain is stimulated I can feel some brainwaives jumping around the top of my brain. I would say this is 70% indica, 30% sativa as effects go. Have no call to move out of the couch. I am flying. Still less than half a joint smoked..
As you can see from the post below, it doesn't affect my thought process that much. It's just a mellow fewling of happiness that sourounds you and keeps you in the couch.

I can feel that you are very high. lol. :laughing:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Mars Hydro TS1000 review:

While we're doing reports, I want to report on the light as well. I must admit I wasn't expecting much from this little light, and I thought mars hydro is another bussiness that tries to push old/cheap led tech to growers. Now I know I am wrong. The light I got (TS-1000, 150W) draws 138W on max from the mains and while that's not so close to the 150W is said to be, I don't care that much about at the price range they sell the lights for. They are about as cheap as building a panel out of E27 led bulbs, and you don't have to put in the work or risk working with electricity. Do they do better than the E27 bulbs? For me, they did. I am happy with the build quality, and the light does what it says it does. No gimmicks. My thread stands here as proof. Other than trying to keep the environment as stable as possible I did not do anything more than tieing, training, watering and ferting the plants.
Shipping to EU took (well) under 1 week, so I was happy with that too.
As I just got another Mars Hydro light, the TSW2000, this one I used in this thread will probably live on as veg light. I like the dimmer function, it's very practical. Both panels have that function, which is great at this price. I probably saved a couple of euros in electricity cost just because I could slowly ramp up the light just when the plants needed more. I hate wasted electricity!
Very happy with the leds overall.

Thanks for the positive words. :huggg: Cannot wait to see what the TSW2000 could do for you babies. :biggrin:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for checking my thread. Can't wait to start the new adventure and see how the tsw2000 does.
Forgot to say that while the whole grow was meant to be organic, at the top of the defficiencies problems I had to give them ghe flora bloom @ 5 to 10 ml each (total per plant) spread over 2 waterings.
So those yeld results are impresive!
Keeping that in mind, now I know how much more cal mag they need and I will ammend more of them into the soil and also feed more of them and also start feeding early. Again, will try to keep it 100% organic and only use salts if I have deficiency problems.

Latest posts

Latest posts