What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed growin vs Political moanin

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
..... just out of dumb/blind curiosity, what are the premier pot sites now, Instagram???
This is still it. I think with the legalization/recreational in many/some states, learning becomes, easily, word of mouth. Not like back in the day when LEO roamed these forums and the streets looking for stoners that got too loose lipped... easy pray.

Thanks for any deviations applied.:joint:

T

Teddybrae

"... ICMAG Shills"? A dark view. My guess is that you don't have many friends.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
..... just out of dumb/blind curiosity, what are the premier pot sites now, Instagram???
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo

Go look at the analytics over the years. Look at the competitive rankings then and now. IC lost market share to every competitor.

It has everything to do with the if you don't like it eat shit mentality that has been the defacto rule from day one.

No big deal when it was only criminals growing weed but now the rest of the populous doesn't have to suffer that mentality it simply won't.

Plenty of people cut off their nose to spite their face without even understanding why.

Online communities thrive or die based on how well they are nurtured or debased.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo

Go look at the analytics over the years. Look at the competitive rankings then and now. IC lost market share to every competitor.

It has everything to do with the if you don't like it eat shit mentality that has been the defacto rule from day one.

No big deal when it was only criminals growing weed but now the rest of the populous doesn't have to suffer that mentality it simply won't.

Plenty of people cut off their nose to spite their face without even understanding why.

Online communities thrive or die based on how well they are nurtured or debased.

Weird, I just can't help wondering, you already know how to grow weed, why are you here??????

....... what's the attraction for you? :dunno:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Weird, I just can't help wondering, you already know how to grow weed, why are you here??????

SUPER MOD!?? Attraction?

shes here and so am I to continue to learn about growing cannabis and new innovations in growing.You've been here since 2006, so the only reason you are here is because you are a stuper mod? I started this thread and am now wondering why. With questions like 'why are you here" I wonder why I stay.

Hey Gypsy why are you here? comic giggle wants to know.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
SUPER MOD!?? Attraction?

shes here and so am I to continue to learn about growing cannabis and new innovations in growing.You've been here since 2006, so the only reason you are here is because you are a stuper mod? I started this thread and am now wondering why. With questions like 'why are you here" I wonder why I stay.

Hey Gypsy why are you here? comic giggle wants to know.

Just so you can throw stones at people.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Jeez - you guys seem to have a lot of ballast on board about what ICMAG should and should not be doing -

- Whatever ICMAG is to you or others - its not a captive site where somehow you are enslaved to be here if you don't like the smell of the 'erb - or how the garden is run -

- There is a big old internet out there getting broader every day - and many other gardens to peruse - if by any stretch of your imagination you believe that ' The Grass is Greener - on the other side - then by all means - go with our blessings - and we may see you again - down the road -

- We do try to cater to all tastes as a forum site - and try not to be authoritarian - unless absolutely warranted - have a little respect for the Mods - they are an asset to the site - since it wouldn't work without them -

picture.php

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
This thread is NOT in the speakers corner... go back there.

The Speakers Corner is where it belongs, is there something so special about YOU that YOU get to post divisive inflammatory crap outside the Corner because YOU don't approve of it?!;):chin:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

I was encouraged by a mutual friend of gypsy and I to continue to support his interests here, among other things.

I can't fathom the lack of humanity and understanding of internet social networks it takes to deny the value of an open internet community versus ownership of said community.

Complete fail on every level but keep knee slapping if you don't like it there is the door and I will keep point out the marginalia of that kind of mind.

Can't imagine anything more important than one's commitment to humanity but then again that seems to be a rare commodity few can afford.

Remember when the lights go out so does the ephemeral existence here.

- ureapwhatusow

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I was encouraged by a mutual friend of gypsy and I to continue to support his interests here, among other things.

I can't fathom the lack of humanity and understanding of internet social networks it takes to deny the value of an open internet community versus ownership of said community.

Complete fail on every level but keep knee slapping if you don't like it there is the door and I will keep point out the marginalia of that kind of mind.

Can't imagine anything more important than one's commitment to humanity but then again that seems to be a rare commodity few can afford.

Remember when the lights go out so does the ephemeral existence here.

- ureapwhatusow

Well, I 'hear' ya and agree, but paradoxically I'm not sure of what you said exactly.

Seems to me the arguement presented could go either way.:chin:

The value of an "open internet community" is showcased in the Speakers Corner where anyone can have their say, and "ownership of said community", well that would be Gypsy! Has Gypsy censored any poster in the SC (and NO, a temp/permanent Ban for trolling doesn't count:tongue:)?

ICMag wouldn't be here without an owner.

As far as "one's commitment to humanity", is that a buzzword (Dog whistle!) for BLM political movement, which is freely and openly discussed in the SC (more of less!)

So which is it, SC good or SC bad, I'm getting a conflicting message here. :tiphat: