What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SUBCOOL Rest In Peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think most of us have tried his seeds at some point. I appreciate what he did. I still have multiple packs of his Querkle and deep purple in the vault. RIP SUBCOOL..

MindEater

Makes my heart break knowing that he was living in a RV in the midst of relocating. Id like to know more information if anyone would chime in? Like what happened to the whole Arizona project at the bowling alley.. ?

Sub set them up for success and they hung him out to dry. Thats what happened. It was a cherry picked raid, first time in a decade the county decided a caregiver couldn't grow within 25 miles of a pesticide-peddling mmj outlet even though all his patients were.

Sub died smoking on bottom shelf pesticide laced dispensary bullshit after being taken advantage of by a legal megagrow, who as far as I can tell diverts their product to the black market, because ain't no "The Dank" in stores, anywhere in AZ.

As far as I'm concerned Azs bullshit fake ass conman wannabe scene is responsible for his death. Funny we'll never get to see them
details of his case revealing what type of shady shit is going on with Azs bullshit mj scene, or whos lawyer filed the complaint against him with LEO.

Rest in Peace Sub!

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Only male plant I ever kept was a jtr that stank of lemons... pollen even tasted of them. :tiphat:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
RIP SUBCOOL, many years dedicated to the cannabis industry. He will live on through the genetics and peers he left behind. :joint:

nickman

Veteran
Oh Damb !!! That’s too bad...!!!...

I was really into him when I first started growing... I remember growing his JTR for a while... it was actually the 1st plant I ever cloned and grew it for the better part of a year... I even passed it off to a friend...!!!...

I also grew his vortex and remember finding a plant that the harvested buds smelled just like new tennis balls out the pack...!!!... Ive yet to find another plant that smells so odd...!!!... I loved that shit...

Then I also remember growing his plushberry... I remember getting the magenta colored pheno...!!!... it was really kool...

I wS just at my fathers best friends funeral last week who also died of COPD ...

RIP Brother ...!!!... :tiphat: ...!!!...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Sub set them up for success and they hung him out to dry. Thats what happened. It was a cherry picked raid, first time in a decade the county decided a caregiver couldn't grow within 25 miles of a pesticide-peddling mmj outlet even though all his patients were.

Sub died smoking on bottom shelf pesticide laced dispensary bullshit after being taken advantage of by a legal megagrow, who as far as I can tell diverts their product to the black market, because ain't no "The Dank" in stores, anywhere in AZ.

As far as I'm concerned Azs bullshit fake ass conman wannabe scene is responsible for his death. Funny we'll never get to see them
details of his case revealing what type of shady shit is going on with Azs bullshit mj scene, or whos lawyer filed the complaint against him with LEO.

Rest in Peace Sub!

Not to distract, I am super sympathetic about subcool- what's your source? Maybe we should do another thread.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
RIP subcool.

Gonna cherish these!

Attachments

• 20200201_154450.jpg
    20200201_154450.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 73

tetragrammaton

Veteran
This has devastated me, and has made me realize not to take anyone for granted. Death is a part of life, but no one knows when it will be.

I wouldn't be who I am today, if it wasn't for dkmonk and I spending hours, days, months, years watching and reading everything we could. I loved watching weed nerd. I loved his taste in music.

I always respected his work, and always dreamed (and still to this day) of growing one of his strains because I'd always see interviews and articles about his strains in High Times, and even the grow reports, and smoke reports matched up with his descriptions. He was a REAL breeder. I would look at pictures of his strains and dream of one day having access to the seeds.

I never knew Subcool on a personal level, but I credit Subcool, Steve Tuck, Urban Remo, and while mostly for entertainment purposes GHS videos for inspiring dkmonk and I to realize that we weren't alone in our passion for cannabis. For growing unique strains. The knowledged we gained from those videos of the above listed, as well as all of the people on ICMAG some of which too have passed on, or are no longer here, shaped me as a person.

While I work in the music industry, and am a musician, I identify more with the Cannabis Community, as to me, it's not just about "getting high". I appreciate and love experiencing new flavors, effects, seeing the variety of plant structures. Seeing people breed these amazing strains that at first could be dismissed as just High Times promotion, but then seeing everyone growing his genetics being satisified. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I personally have never seen any negative review of any of his strains. Quite the contrary. I love knowledge and I love the fact that people are now realizing that Cannabis isn't an evil drug. It's a beneficial plant. Subcool had that passion. He was amongst the few that really inspired dkmonk and I.

I followed him on IG but haven't been active on IG as of lately, and I haven't really checked the news feed or whatever it's called, I've mainly just been using it for business purposes and making my own posts and networking, but the last things I recall were when he was setting up this indoor grow in a indoor pool, and then I remember feeling horrible for him when he lost everything due to the fires.

I never got the chance to tell Subcool the stories, and tell him how he was one of my inspirations at a pretty young age.

My sincere condolences to Subcool's family, friends, and loved ones. My sincere condolences to the Cannabis Community as a whole, because I feel this is a huge loss.

I also want to take this time to thank ICMAG as a whole, for all of the information I've gained from various members who have inspired me whether they know it or not. Whether they like me or not, or I like them or not, and I've learned something from you, or you've inspired me, thank you.

I know Subcool will remain alive in our memories as long as we are all alive, but I also want to suggest that we take this tragic loss as a reminder to make sure you let the people you care about, love, or are inspired by to let them know, because tomorrow is never promised, for them, nor for you.

Again, sincere condolences,
Tetra

Pro Headies

Veteran
Im not much for letting others deaths bother me much but for some reason Subby's death has bothered me. I get a touch choked up talking to my wife about his death which is weird to me.

I talked to him on IG and through email many times. I've grown many of his strains and still have many packs of his seeds. I watched all his weed nerd videos and anything he would post on YouTube. Learned alot of techniques from him for the size of plants him and i like to grow. He was rough around the edges like me so I felt we would have been good friends in person.

I'm a weed nerd for life....RIP Subby!!!

HAVE A DANK DAY!

MezOner

Pic is of Astrosnaps.

I follow his grow style word for word and never have problems. Rip

Attachments

• 20200110_193931.jpg
    20200110_193931.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 76

frostqueen

Rest in peace Subcool. Your work will live on!

Your Ace of Spades remains one of my favorite strains ever. Wish I still had it. There was a cut in Portland in certain circles around 2012 that is shown in the pics below. Damn I miss that plant.

Ace of Spades at 56 days:

picture.php

Ace of Spades at 56 days:

picture.php

Chernobyl at 56 days:

picture.php

mexweed

Veteran
fuck it I didn't really have the money but I just threw down for a pack of 'strelka' stardogXspace queen

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn RIP. Guy was a solid breeder who will live on through his genetics as a result. Contributed a great pool to the masses. Unfortunate life got so heavy at the end.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Sub won’t be forgotten soon. In 2009-2011, I was following him close on YouTube. I was reading everything I could along with Matt rizes phase tech.

My first grow included querkle and ace of spades. While I didn’t find a keeper, it was a pleasant experience and the querkle was something special. I identified with his outlaw attitude and his love for fine cannabis.

Over the past few years, I grew increasingly worried about him and his situation. I had a lot of questions bc if you missed a week or two on his feed, you were way behind.

I still use his root plug cloning technique with much success (just gotta be patient) and have had a batch of SS cooking for the past decade. The supersoil has been the biggest game changer.

Being able to “just add water” has changed my game forever

Rest in power my dude.

When life shit on you, you kept going with a positive attitude. Watching to move into the RV was just another chapter, I’ll miss you buddy

Rest in Peace Sub!

You hit it on the head...
I've been a personal friend to Subcool for almost 20 years. We had some real good times and taught each other quite a bit about many things. I can't believe the people that were screwing him over. I'm gonna miss him so much. He just didn't wake up last Saturday due to the COPD. He was about to bring the motorhome to Cali so we could roll up to see Soil King and Mendo Dope. We talked the day before he passed. I told him to watch the move RV and get back to me. I could write about him forever. I considered him my best friend. I remember his first time in California. Oh the memories,, all the strains I tested, all the hugs, all the deep conversations, and so much more. I'll miss him until we meet again.

Latest posts

Latest posts