What's new

TERROR IN NEW YORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Seven feared dead in 'possible terror attack' after truck mows down victims on a cycle path just seven blocks from Ground Zero before being shot by police as he waved imitation firearms and screamed Allahu Akbar

The truck rammed into cyclists and runners on the West Side Highway on Tuesday shortly after 3pm

Driver drove south from further uptown and mounted the bike path a few blocks above Chambers Street

He mowed down several cyclists and runners, according to police
sources, then crashed into a school bus

The driver then reportedly got out of the Home Depot truck with
fake guns in his hands and was shot by police

The suspect survived and is in hospital but it remains unclear how many he injured in his path of destruction

He had rented the truck from Home Depot which said it was cooperating with authorities after the attack

Seven people are feared dead after a truck mounted a bicycle path in lower Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon, mowing down cyclists and runners while shouting 'Allahu Akbar'.
The driver made his way from down towards Tribeca on the West Side Highway and mounted the bike path a few blocks north of Chambers Street shortly before 3pm.

After striking several cyclists and runners, he came to a stop when his truck crashed into a school bus beneath the Tribeca bridge.
The man then emerged with imitation guns in his hand and was shot in the leg by police. He survived and was taken to hospital but at least seven innocent people were killed and others are injured.
The FBI and NYPD are now treating the incident as an act of terror. CNN cited witnesses and law enforcement officials who said the man shouted 'Allahu Akbar' - which means God is great in Arabic - during the attack.

The suspect was seen fleeing the scene in a black tracksuit before being shot.

Senior NYPD officials told ABC seven people were feared to have been killed by police are yet to publicly confirm the total number of fatalities. Reuters cited senior law enforcement officials who said the incident was being treated as terrorism.

Witnesses described hearing five to ten gun shots, all of which came from police guns.
Singer Josh Groban also tweeted after hearing 'gun shots' while out walking his dog.

'Oh my god I just heard gun shots and ran with my dog. Downtown. F***,' he said.

Others ran for their lives as they watched the truck plow into pedestrians after veering off the road.
Shocking video footage from the scene showed cyclists lying on the ground with their bikes smashed in to pieces around them. By-passers were seen tending to them as they awaited medical attention.

Within minutes of the first reports, there was an enormous police and fire service presence at the site.

Ezequiel Gonzalez, 18, a speech coach at Stuyvesant High School, at the scene said: ‘I heard what sounded like gas caskets and I went up on the bridge and saw a car caved in.

'Then I was pushed back and saw the ambulances arriving. The school was put on lockdown.'

John Williams, 22, said he was there around 30 seconds after the gun shot: 'I saw one man lying on the ground being looked after by paramedics and cops, another man getting arrested and what seemed like another man running towards the Hudson River.

‘I came out and saw a man holding two guns. I could still smell the gun fire. It was a very strong scent. I was concerned for the safety of everyone because there was someone walking around with a gun.’
Williams said he heard between five and ten gun shots in total.
At the time, school children were being let out of class after a day of Halloween festivities.

How terrorists have turned to vans and lorries to murder hundreds of people in a matter of months

Today’s terror attack in New York is chillingly similar to a spate of killings in Europe in recent months where vehicles were used.
It is believed six people were killed by a truck driver who mowed them down on a bike path in lower Manhattan.
The driver made his way from Houston Street down towards Tribeca where he mounted the bike path on the West Side Highway shortly after 3pm.

After striking several cyclists and runners, he came to a stop when his truck crashed into a school bus beneath the Tribeca bridge.
But it is not the first time a vehicle has been used to carry out mass murder in Western Europe with similar atrocities taking place in Britain, France , Germany, Spain and Stockholm and claiming well over 100 lives.

In August, Barcelona terrorist Younes Abouyaaqoub calmly walking away seconds after ploughing a van into crowds on the Ramblas murdering 14 people.

Abouqaaqoub was part of a 12-man cell who brought terror to Barcelona on August 17 and 18.

Hours after the Ramblas attack, five other members of the gang ploughed into pedestrians in the nearby seaside town of Cambrils before they went on the rampage with an axe and large knives, stabbing one person to death.

A driver has deliberately ploughed a van into pedestrians in Barcelona killing at least 13 and wounding dozens

On Bastille Day in the summer of last year, 86 people were killed when a truck was driven through crowds enjoying fireworks in Nice
Low tech attacks using stolen and hired vehicles to randomly rammed into crowds, have been increasingly used by terrorists unable to get hold of guns and explosives.

In June a team of jihadists used a hire van to drive through pedestrians at London Bridge before going on the rampage with knives

'Whether they are going to be permanent or temporary, time will tell. It is very difficult to stop, nigh on impossible.'
Before today's attack there had been a series of atrocities using cars and trucks in 2016 and 2017.

In June a team of jihadists used a hire van to drive through pedestrians at London Bridge before going on the rampage with knives.

On March 22, Khalid Masood, 52, drove a Hyundai 4x4 over Westminster Bridge, mowing down members of the public before crashing into a fence beside Big Ben.

He then got out of the car and attacked PC Keith Palmer with a knife.
Masood was shot twice by police and died when he was taken to hospital.

Five people died in the attack, including PC Palmer.
In April, in central Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, a hijacked truck was deliberately driven into crowds before being crashed through a corner of a department store

The day after the Westminster attack, a man in Antwerp drove into a crowded shopping area in the Belgian city in an attempted attack, but no one was injured.

In April, in central Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, a hijacked truck was deliberately driven into crowds before being crashed through a corner of a department store.

An ISIS-inspired massacre took place in Germany when a terrorist drove a truck through a Christmas market in Berlin .
Twelve people were killed in the attack on December 19.

Anis Amri stole a cargo truck and killed 12 people when he drove through a Christmas market next to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church at Breitscheidplatz.

Among the dozen people killed was the original driver of the truck Lukasz Urban who was found dead with a gunshot wound in the passenger street.

An ISIS-inspired massacre took place in Germany when a terrorist drove a truck through a Christmas market in Berlin
Amri was a Tunisian who had failed to gain asylum status in the country. He was killed in Milan four days later after an international manhunt.

But the most deadly was the driver of a tractor-trailer who targeted Bastille Day revelers in the southern French city of Nice in July 2016.
On the evening of July 14, a 19-tonne cargo truck was driven into crowds on the Promenage des Anglais.

ISIS fanatic Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was behind the wheel and after exchanging gunfire with police, the Tunisian migrant was shot dead.

Thousands had gathered on the seafront to watch the fireworks that night. 86 of them died and 434 were injured.

When is this terrorism ever going to end?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5036717/Multiple-injured-shooting-downtown-Manhattan.html

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sad to hear. It's been on the news all afternoon. Something's gotta change.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Welcome to Trump's America

I really don't think it has anything whatsoever to do what POTUS the USA has, or any leader in any western or eastern, northern or southern country where these islamic terrorists operate Weird...

What is happening is ordained and blessed in the Koran (if you care to read it).....

vta

Veteran
Really?...It's Trump's fault?

Anyways...prayers to victims of this attack.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
444 people have been killed in 13 nations in the last 6 days by islamic terrorists.

Jihad Report
September, 2017

Attacks 155
Killed 878
Injured 760
Suicide Blasts 23
Countries 22

www.thereligionofpeace.com

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Student who criticized radical Islam reprimanded by university official, threatened with dismissal

A bisexual student at the University of Texas at San Antonio felt compelled to transfer schools after a comment he made about the treatment of gay people in Muslim countries landed him a meeting with a department head.

What was the remark?

According to student Alfred MacDonald, he was speaking with a group of classmates — outside of class — about religion when another student mentioned she was Christian, but her fiance was Muslim.

MacDonald told his classmate that he didn’t have a high opinion of Islam because of the religion’s attitude toward the LGBT community.

“There are 10 Muslim countries where I could get executed,” he told his classmate, according to the College Fix.

What happened next?

MacDonald said he was called to a meeting with Dr. Eve Browning, chair of the Department of Philosophy and Classics, who told him if the behavior continued, he would be referred to the school’s behavior intervention team or student conduct board, who would either recommend counseling for MacDonald or dismissal.

“Well, let me just say that kind of thing is not going to be tolerated in our department,” Browning said during the meeting, which was recorded by MacDonald and can be found here. “We’re not going to tolerate graduate students trying to make other graduate students feel terrible for [their] emotional attachments…. And, if you don’t understand why that is, I can explain fully, or I can refer you to the Behavior Intervention Team on our campus, which consists of a counselor, faculty member, and person from student affairs who are trained on talking to people about what’s appropriate or what isn’t.”

“I thought that UTSA was a public university with, like, First Amendment protections? So like I can’t, I could be dismissed for stuff like that,” MacDonald asked before Browning told him he could in fact be dismissed from the school because of the comments.

“Those are things that would get you fired if you were working in my office. The Islam comment would get you fired,” Browning said.

“Would it really get me fired to say that I could be killed somewhere,” MacDonald replied.

“In that situation as you’ve described it, absolutely yes,” she said.

Did MacDonald stay at UTSA?
MacDonald transferred schools shortly after his meeting with Browning.

“It was difficult to stay motivated knowing that any revision to any paper I made might be ran past the department head if it offended someone,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/1...niversity-official-threatened-with-dismissal/

Green Squall

It's times like this when I wrestle with my feelings on the death penalty. Supermax is too good for this piece of shit....although if we keep him alive, no martyrdom and he doesn't get his 72 virgins :thinking:

vta

Veteran
It's times like this when I wrestle with my feelings on the death penalty. Supermax is too good for this piece of shit....although if we keep him alive, no martyrdom and he doesn't get his 72 virgins :thinking:

I say a few weeks of water boarding sessions followed by the chair. I'm sure it will be disappointing for the virgins that NYPD shot his junk off.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I just heard a report that the attacker was shot in the groin...

Well he had just murdered quite a number of innocent people, and was waving around a fake gun begging to get shot, so that he could go up and join his favorite sky fairy in the sky and sample the current harem....

The nasty bugger was 29 years old and from Uzbekistan, had been in the USA for 7 years already and had traveled up from Tampa Florida to carry out this wicked deed.....apparently.

Those poor terrified victims and their families must be livid about this. I would be too if it happened to mine.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:yeahthats
don't keep him in prison. He's not getting squat when he dies

I read that the driver shouted "Allahu Akbar" when he exited the rental truck.
I feel that when some one pulls this kind of crap, hearing them say that should be the signal for him to be shot dead immediately...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Prayers to the victims and their families, to anyone this senseless tragedy has affected.

I can't understand why someone wants to hurt people they have never met. What possibly makes anyone want to do that is beyond my comprehension.

This bastard needs to be drawn and quartered in front of the White House. Free admission and hot dogs to call who attend.

Vibes for the victims..very sad day.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
:yeahthats
don't keep him in prison. He's not getting squat when he dies

I read that the driver shouted "Allahu Akbar" when he exited the rental truck.
I feel that when some one pulls this kind of crap, hearing them say that should be the signal for him to be shot dead immediately...

That's what he wanted Bud, to be killed there and then, and become a martyr for islam...

Better that he just got injured and spends the rest of his life rotting in solitary confinement.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I really don't think it has anything whatsoever to do what POTUS the USA has, or any leader in any western or eastern, northern or southern country where these islamic terrorists operate Weird...

What is happening is ordained and blessed in the Koran (if you care to read it).....

i'm pretty sure the last presidency had a lower occurrence of internal terrorism than either prior or latter at this point

he has put a divide between the parties because the political chaos is corporate america's playground (which is now manifest in the public)

that is how we got into the mess we are in today

just because causation is not direct doesn't mean it isn't in effect

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
riddle me this

what presidency do recall having violent protests

was America on the brink of collapse when he took over? lol he took over office with the highest stock market indices in history

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
let's play kreskin

I am willing to bet on the prediction that hate crime statistics as combined by the FBI in 2017 will ellipse the prior years by an accelerated rate compared to the past 8 years

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I would love to have world peace as much as you Weird, but what you said is a crock of hooey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts