What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best LEDs just got better - BML transforms into Fluence

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No return policy is kinda lame. Been talking to people having good results though on instagram and youtube.

Leap of faith?

Considering how new they are, how is it that people are reporting 'good results'?

You seem hell bent on buying one, so...

chomsky

Considering how new they are, how is it that people are reporting 'good results'?

You seem hell bent on buying one, so...

"They" Have been very helpful to me. Very good customer service as far as Im concerned. My light arrives today. I eager to see how it goes...

chomsky

No return policy is kinda lame. Been talking to people having good results though on instagram and youtube.

Leap of faith?

Why are you surprised there is a no return policy? If something is wrong from a manufacture standpoint they will address the issue.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"They" Have been very helpful to me. Very good customer service as far as Im concerned. My light arrives today. I eager to see how it goes...

I am confident it will work well, but they are far from leaders in the cannabis lighting industry, and their prices are higher to boot

If you compare the results using the same strain under the SPYDR 600 (~ 300w) v the Amare Tech 220w (both mostly white leds), the Amare produced much fatter buds

chomsky

I am confident it will work well, but they are far from leaders in the cannabis lighting industry, and their prices are higher to boot

If you compare the results using the same strain under the SPYDR 600 (~ 300w) v the Amare Tech 220w (both mostly white leds), the Amare produced much fatter buds

New improved lights and price came down substantially. Spydr X Plus which is approx equivalent to 1200 watt light is now $1500

New improved lights and price came down substantially. Spydr X Plus which is approx equivalent to 1200 watt light is now $1500

ordered today in 4 weeks ill have 10 of these in my hands..

top people still using LEC and Phantom DE's currently...

changing the game shortly. talked to a local who got 2+lbs of one of the spydr 1200s not even new model

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

chomsky

ordered today in 4 weeks ill have 10 of these in my hands..

top people still using LEC and Phantom DE's currently...

changing the game shortly. talked to a local who got 2+lbs of one of the spydr 1200s not even new model

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sweet!!! 10 of em, thats awesome... I got mine yesterday. Its fantastic. Everything is dialed in now and Im growing away... Check out my grow diary "DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world"... Ill have some pics of the Spydr X Plus up today...

chomsky

Also, a lot of what you are saying depends on the grower. Lights are far from the only variable to nice nugs. Nutes, environment, strain all play a role. I'm happy as shit with my choice. I'm looking forward to showing my end results not proving my lights are better or the best.

Ttystikk

Hi, I've been on ICmag for years but never ventured far from my home in vertical growing. I'm better known on other forums than here. Recently, i got interested in LED lighting because of the shift to COB, chip on board, technology and it's clearly pushed the technology much further along.

After doing some research, I settled on Cree CXB3590 72V 3500K CD bin chips and bought a large number of them, with the Meanwell HLG185 C700B driver running four at a time @54W apiece. This was spec'd at 56% efficiency, although I have no way of verifying that other than by results from test runs on cannabis plants!

Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree and i need to be in another section?

Anyway, I'm building a sizeable rack to run these chips on my plants.

I bought these 3500K 80CRI white chips specifically to walk away from HID forever if I can. I believe they will save me money on lighting. Not why i did it. I think they'll reduce heat in my growroom. Partly why i did it. I think they'll help me push out more yield from less square feet of floorspace. NOW we're talking!

I don't have them in place and operational yet, so I can't speak to their performance. But I will soon, and then I certainly will as I watch and complete grows with them.

Why are you guys exploring LED lighting and what are you looking to get from it? What kind of lights? What do you think of my choice?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I am not against BML, I just do not believe they have the necessary intensity for the style of growing that I do.
I use their 730 nm four foot supplement light bar. I am happy with it as it has all the features advertised.
But, and this is a large but, it is not intense. MJ is a high energy using plant and does not grow and mature correctly with less than 400 umol at the leaf, no matter what the spectrum is.

The cost of the lights in my garden just passed $16,000 USD, price is not the problem, I tested 600 watts each of five brands of LED to pick the one used in the bud room.
Trial and error seemed the only way to weed out the false claims.

I am in the process of purchasing more of BML's supplement bars at $300 USD each for fifty watts. These are frequencies that trigger reactions but do not supply the energy used to carry them out.
Intense light is supplied by Black Dog and Advanced XTE.

If I was handy the DIY methods would be the answer, but I am not.

BML is a quality manufacturer but their product is not designed for budding marijuana plants.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
DIY methods(light builds) are used by everyone else, not Pet Flora, he's mainly promoting Amare.
I suggest(for the money you spend) to go check other more advanced options from the DIY pool.
Most light for the money, no doubt.

Litmus

Here's my 4x8 scrog around day 40 of bloom with 2 of the new spyder xplus. Running intake/exhaust 350 cfm day only and no ac unit. Day/night temps are 77/70 and RH 38-55%, but usually 45%.

I've ran the light @ 6-8" from canopy without co2 until recently. Had nute issues that looked like too much light and raised it just over 12". If I want to run co2 sealed I'll need the AC. Not sure it's worth it.

But the lights seem to be doing a great job.

philipc

Guys the Fluence products are now unique mainly due to their spectrum
If you go to their page Fluence bioengineering and check the spec is specifically designed for Cannabis. It is a hybrid between the R&B of LEDS and the greately enriched in Yellow and Orange of the HPS. It is not just White LEDS. The output is increasingly enriched from green-yellow all the way to red 660 nm, nothing like you have seen before trully unique. I havent tried it but id love the opportunity to do so. The enriched green to red region of light is known to have a higher penetration capacity as it is absorbed less and transmitted more from the leaves and it also boosts terpenes production etc. They are designed to be placed at a very close proximity to the plant canopy though (6"). I dont know if thats good for penetration but its defo good for light intensity about 450 μmols for Spydrx and twice as much for SpydrxPlus). Their energy efficiency is really high and therefore they have a really nice design for head disipation which enables the 6" placement. I would really like to get some feedback if anyone has tried the fluence products or has a threat of someone else about it. Cheers

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guys the Fluence products are now unique mainly due to their spectrum
If you go to their page Fluence bioengineering and check the spec is specifically designed for Cannabis. It is a hybrid between the R&B of LEDS and the greately enriched in Yellow and Orange of the HPS. It is not just White LEDS. The output is increasingly enriched from green-yellow all the way to red 660 nm, nothing like you have seen before trully unique. I havent tried it but id love the opportunity to do so. The enriched green to red region of light is known to have a higher penetration capacity as it is absorbed less and transmitted more from the leaves and it also boosts terpenes production etc. They are designed to be placed at a very close proximity to the plant canopy though (6"). I dont know if thats good for penetration but its defo good for light intensity about 450 μmols for Spydrx and twice as much for SpydrxPlus). Their energy efficiency is really high and therefore they have a really nice design for head disipation which enables the 6" placement. I would really like to get some feedback if anyone has tried the fluence products or has a threat of someone else about it. Cheers

Unique?
ADJECTIVE

1. being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else:
    "the situation was unique in modern politics" · [more]
    synonyms: distinctive · distinct · individual · special · idiosyncratic · [more]

1. They are far from unique. Back in 2014 I chose the spectrums for a then unique SPYDR 600. It was/is ~85% white +5% 450 blue + 10% 630 red. Contrary to popular belief 95% of the red needed to flower is below 615. Anything above that is very inefficient. The 630s were Nick's recommendation. I'll make somebody a good deal, including 2 @ 4ft side lighting bars

The problem was (and is) that the bars are simply duplicates of each other, which means all the reds/blues (see your pics) are in a single line. This does not spread them throughout the canopy.

I discussed this with Nick at the time. Obviously, they have done nothing about it. Still it's a good light, but overshadowed by others including many DIYs

Latest posts

Latest posts